News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

mulwa,

Sinan has responded to your request on the Simple Portal website.
ref. http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=13091.msg64794#msg64794

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

TheListener

The SP site seems unavailable at present.  :(

I'm toying with the idea of making just one gallery folder available as a seperate block from the main gallery portal block.

Can this be done?

SD-X

Quote from: Old Fossil on January 23, 2014, 04:56:37 PM
The SP site seems unavailable at present.  :(

I'm toying with the idea of making just one gallery folder available as a seperate block from the main gallery portal block.

Can this be done?
In theory, I don't see why not. I believe SimplePortal allows you to make your own custom blocks in addition to the administrative code block functions built into the Admin panel.

MotRude

I Have a question about the simpleportal block top posters..can this block display top posters going across instead of down?

TheListener

Quote from: MotRude on January 23, 2014, 09:07:31 PM
I Have a question about the simpleportal block top posters..can this block display top posters going across instead of down?

It depends on the location. To do as you mention then either a header, top or bottom block would do.

MotRude

i was gonna try and put it in the header on forum but it only displays down and not across...can't find a setting to change it.

Baloch

Is it compatible with SMF 2.0.7 ? do u recommend us to upgrade our SMF?

margarett

Quote from: Baloch on January 24, 2014, 01:57:14 AM
Is it compatible with SMF 2.0.7 ? do u recommend us to upgrade our SMF?
Yes and yes :)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MotRude

QuoteIt depends on the location. To do as you mention then either a header, top or bottom block would do.

The Header,top and bottom block i see no way of making this block display across..

electricwildflower

If you can help me i need abit of help

I have a box on my portal which grabs latest posts from certain parts of my forum now these parts are for posting flyers, news etc but i have a problem. Sometimes when i post flyers there rather large they look ok in the forums but on a portal block i end up with a horizontal scroll and half the photo cut out.

would there be any way i could edit the block so no matter how big the photo, flyer is in the forums it will shrink it on the block so it looks better ?

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Chen Zhen

electricwildflower,

Look at this block code: http://webdevelop.comli.com/index.php?topic=71.0
Adjust it to only alter image sizes within the needed container id.

Also for your actual block that is displaying these images, enter the following into Custom Body Style:
overflow:hidden;

In this specific case you can attempt changing the container id to sp_center which will set the image max width & max height for all your center blocks (unless you edit the html output to use another id in one of those div containers). Also adjust those max values as they are at 200x200 in that example.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

TheListener

Quote from: NekoJonez on February 04, 2014, 12:49:23 PM
Is there an update in the works?

2.3.5 is the latest version and works perfectly as it is at present.

Whether a newer version is on the horizon is unknown.

electricwildflower

Thanks for the reply but i think i might of worded it wrong or you misread it.

I have a block called board news which i picked a couple of boards from the list and it shows the latest posts from said boards and the boards i pick have pics, flyers etc posted which when showed on the block don't come out right as in overflow happens. I want to have the board news block shrink any photos that pass through it.

i have looked around the block settings but apart from picking which boards to show there is no custom html input box or anything. Oh and thanks for the link will come in handy sometime when i want to do a custom block . :)

Chen Zhen

electricwildflower,

I believe I do understand what you are attempting to accomplish and I provided one solution that may be satisfactory. You simply create a new html block on your home page which contains javascript that will control the max height & width of all your center blocks (which includes your forum news block containing images within their message bodies).

Step #1:
  Edit your forum news block and look to the bottom right of the page where you will see an input titled Custom Body Style and enter the following into the input box located there:
overflow:hidden;

.. now save the block. (this is most likely unnecessary due to the next step but do it anyway as it will forcibly disable any scroll bar within that block)

Step #2:
  Create a new custom HTML block (ie. footer block), look to the bottom of the page where you will see two check boxes titled No Body & No Title. Ensure both check boxes are selected/checked.
Use this code for that block:

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function()
{
   var maxHeight = 1000;
   var maxWidth = 600;
   // var whatid = document.getElementById("portal_main");
   var whatid = document.getElementById("sp_center");
   var img = whatid.getElementsByTagName("img");

for (var i = 0; i < img.length; i++) {

if (img[i].height > maxHeight)
         img[i].height = maxHeight;

if (img[i].width > maxWidth)
         img[i].width = maxWidth;
   }
}
</script>

... you only need to edit the lines shown below to the maximum desired height & width for those images.

var maxHeight = 1000;
   var maxWidth = 600;

That should work for you. Another option is for me to give you an edit for the code that displays that block. Possibly using DOM to forcibly add max width/height style attributes to each img tag. First try what I just posted here and let me know if it resolves your issue.
I tested this and it works fine for me.

Regards.

Example images for Forum News & the above HTML block style settings are attached. The style settings are located at the bottom of the page when editing blocks in SP admin.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

NekoJonez

Quote from: Old Fossil on February 04, 2014, 06:37:06 PM
Quote from: NekoJonez on February 04, 2014, 12:49:23 PM
Is there an update in the works?

2.3.5 is the latest version and works perfectly as it is at present.

Whether a newer version is on the horizon is unknown.

Since I have some things that could use updating. Like there is no color legend in the who's online, and they are all listed under eachother... I wish it looked more like the who's online at the forum index.

Or is that possible with a small code change?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

MotRude

I Want it to display across on the forum not the portal..

Instead of the avatars going down i wanted them going across like ezportal.

Stirius

Guys, after migration of the forum there is a problem. If I go to http://forum.boiians.cz/forum/index.php then it is ok. But the link at the top left Forum http://forum.boiians.cz/index.php?action=forum then it is impossible to save the cookies and you must login all the time. Any ideas why is that so? How to correct it?

Chen Zhen

Stirius,
  Are you positive you have the server settings set correctly for paths & URL's? Your forum appears to work off of 2 directories for whatever reason (.htaccess, BIND config or 2 directories?).

Try adjusting your forum url setting to have forum in it like the first url you posted.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

johnpaul2k2

I am having a little issue there. and this is what i want to achieve

I want to disable my Forum index ( i mean every aspect of Boards, child boards, remaining the logo, menu and footer ), then add whatever i like through Simple portal Blocks.

If i disable through    
Administration Center »
Configuration »
General Settings >>>  Portal Mode>> , everything will go OFF , including the Blocks I want them to show , in place of index

Please who can help me solve it out

Advertisement: