News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

NekoJonez

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 25, 2014, 12:46:29 AM
NekoJonez,

You can try out this plugin if you wish: http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=10
There is a checkbox added within the who's online block configuration to have the specific block display in horizontal mode.
You can leave comments to the plugin on my forum if you want some changes or have any other ideas for it.

Regards.

I tried to post a topic on your site but somehow my spacebar activated the Prezi presentation of the portal o.O

I got it to work but now I'll try to edit my post since I have an idea.

Twitter
My Blog

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

Ya that block uses the space bar or arrow keys to control what text is displayed. I changed that block's settings to not show when one is posting.
Thank you for the report.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Bob La Londe

Ok... I originally installed simple portal so I could use it for side columns.  I've got it doing that on two different forums.  It seems to work great in integrated mode. 

Now I am trying to understand more of what it can do and I am struggling with either Front Page mode and/or Standalone mode. 

I think Front Page mode is supposed to do what I want.  Create a "home" page that has things not on the forum, but any block I setup only shows up on the home page if it also shows up on the forum.  Please hold my hand thru whatever it is that I am obviously missing so I can use it for a dynamic home page for the site instead of the semi static home page I am using now. 

Am I even on the right track? 

Chen Zhen

Bob La Londe,

When you edit or create a block look at the display options (2nd tier of settings) whereas you can use the drop-down else click on the Advanced Options setting.
These settings will allow you control on where you would like the block to display. Portal means your home page, the rest are rather self explanatory by name.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Bob La Londe

Quote from: Chen Zhen on January 18, 2015, 09:36:30 PM
Bob La Londe,

When you edit or create a block look at the display options (2nd tier of settings) whereas you can use the drop-down else click on the Advanced Options setting.
These settings will allow you control on where you would like the block to display. Portal means your home page, the rest are rather self explanatory by name.

That is the way I expected it to work.  On the less popular forum where I do my testing for all new mods it only shows those blocks on the portal/home page that are set to display on the forums or on everywhere.  Interestingly on my more popular forum it seems to work just fine.  Both are 2.0.9 installs.  I have a third 2.0.9 forum I could try it on as well, but I tend to keep that one very simple as it has a fairly private technical following who has no interest in bells and whistles. 

deep16

Rk2910

I am trying to uninstall 2.3.5 prior to installing 2.3.6 and am getting a couple errors.
I realize I could uninstall anything that was installed after SP and then uninstall SP, but there are 54 events after I installed SP and I am not sure I would not mess up some of the other things if I did that.
I've attached a capture of the errors that occur in the Index and ManagePermissions.php files.
Can anyone help me with this?  I am not a programmer.

Thanks.

SaltedWeb

I have a HTML block with a width: 456px; height: 177px picture
and a few words under it. I placed it in the top box.
While the picture and words under it take up a very small amount of space
it still shows a scroll bar on it. I was wondering how do I adjust the maximum space
for these blocks ?
I tried disabling the right side even and at full screen it shows the same so tells me its a block limit.
I want the scroll bar gone so I can have a clean look.

Thanks
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Shambles

Quote from: SaltedW
I want the scroll bar gone so I can have a clean look.
I tend to use the "Custom Body Style" box in the block configuration, setting "overflow: hidden; vertical-align: middle;" seems to get me the result you're looking for.

SaltedWeb

I see that setting cool, but
How are settings for those inputs made , in other words what is the proper code to
put in them?

Thanks
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Shambles

I gave you the settings I used. Enter them exactly as I did, without the quotation marks, thus:

overflow: hidden; vertical-align: middle;

SaltedWeb

Awesome worked , thank you looks nice and clean :)

Obcy

How to make youtube links shoutbox simple portal and  youtube embed ohara 1.2.1 ?
Problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigC6D2KR8M

How to create normal link in shoutbox [Link]

Chen Zhen

Obcy,

You can install this SimplePortal plugin: Extra Shoutbox Permissions/Options
It will allow you to set a permission for each membergroup to allow posting of links within the SP shoutbox.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Obcy

Other links work. Only youtube does not work.

NekoJonez

Maybe that has to do with a YT mod installed?

Twitter
My Blog

Obcy

Yes I have a mod youtube embed ohara 1.2.1. How does it get to work ?

NekoJonez

My guess is that it's conflicting with the other code.

Twitter
My Blog

Advertisement: