News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliana Tamerin

cleanfiles, the only way is by JS. You're better off using a php block and echoing your html.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

ruckstande

Okay here is a question, on the left column I see the word "Dot" a bunch of times. What do I need to do to change that?

Sorry, I'm a dope. Ignore that.

ruckstande

Okay another problem here. On the center section I have "Board News". The body of board news is overlapping the poster's avatar. How do i fix that? Also it says, poll id is not valid. I have no idea what that means.

[SiNaN]

You can turn off boardnews showing the avatar from the panel. If you want them to stay, then infrom me so that I can provide you a solution.

The other problem is because of that the Poll ID set for the Top Poll block is not valid. There isn'a poll with that idea, actually a topic with that ID doesn't contain a poll. You must enter a topic ID that has a poll. If you do not want to use the poll block, just turn it off from the panel.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

cleanfiles

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on June 19, 2008, 06:42:40 PM
cleanfiles, the only way is by JS. You're better off using a php block and echoing your html.
Hey thanks, I actually got this prob sorted out in another thread and yeah thats what I ended up doing.

ruckstande

Quote from: [SiNaN] on June 21, 2008, 02:57:08 PM
You can turn off boardnews showing the avatar from the panel. If you want them to stay, then infrom me so that I can provide you a solution.

The other problem is because of that the Poll ID set for the Top Poll block is not valid. There isn'a poll with that idea, actually a topic with that ID doesn't contain a poll. You must enter a topic ID that has a poll. If you do not want to use the poll block, just turn it off from the panel.
Okay. Thanks, I'll work on it. And what constitutes "Board News"? There is a  post on there that is pretty old and I'm not sure why it is the only one that show up on the list. What changes it?

e85prices

Quote from: e85prices on June 19, 2008, 12:57:03 PM
SiNaN very nice Portal ..

I need a change done if you or anyone wants/has time to do it..  $20 (Paypal) to whoever will sort this out..

On Board News I love the way we get a preview of the post ..and want the same "Preview" for' Recent Posts"  ..maybe allow preview for upto the last 3 posts on any topic/thread..?  Allow as many rcent posts as I wnat just dont allow more thna 3 "previews" for any one topic if that makes sense ..So the Portal isnt filled with just one busy topic ..

I would simply not use " Board News "  not really needed for my site .. so that means "Recent Posts" would slide to the Top of the Portal WITH a Preview of the Posts  ..In other words Recent post set-up just like Board News

I am using Default SMF ..
Link to site allowed?

Anyone ?

Krunch

Is there a way to define a specific theme to the Simple Portal front page, and have it bypass whatever theme people are currently using?

I would really like this function.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: e85prices on June 22, 2008, 12:35:05 PM

I need a change done if you or anyone wants/has time to do it..  $20 (Paypal) to whoever will sort this out..

On Board News I love the way we get a preview of the post ..and want the same "Preview" for' Recent Posts"  ..maybe allow preview for upto the last 3 posts on any topic/thread..?  Allow as many rcent posts as I wnat just dont allow more thna 3 "previews" for any one topic if that makes sense ..So the Portal isnt filled with just one busy topic ..

I would simply not use " Board News "  not really needed for my site .. so that means "Recent Posts" would slide to the Top of the Portal WITH a Preview of the Posts  ..In other words Recent post set-up just like Board News

Link to site allowed?

Anyone ?

I will inform you by pm after two day.

Quote from: Krunch on June 23, 2008, 01:04:07 AM
Is there a way to define a specific theme to the Simple Portal front page, and have it bypass whatever theme people are currently using?

Will try this too.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hey SiNaN welcome back after leave, any new updates in Simple Portal.

And how was your Leave, write here or PM me.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

e85prices

Quote from: [SiNaN] on June 23, 2008, 03:41:25 AM
Quote from: e85prices on June 22, 2008, 12:35:05 PM

Link to site allowed?

Anyone ?

I will inform you by pm after two day.

Quote from: Krunch on June 23, 2008, 01:04:07 AM

Will try this too.

Thanks SiNan !

erlend_sh

Quote from: [SiNaN] on May 30, 2008, 01:31:18 AM
Everything is ready for it to support 2.0 but I'm too lazy about writing packages. Will try to do after my exam that will start after 20 minutes.
I guess that never happened eh? :)

I'm sorry to keep on bugging you about this, it's just that there's no other good option out there for a 2.0 compatible portal, and I have no idea how soon TinyPortal is going to catch on, so the sooner I get to start testing your great offering the better!

Krunch

Yes seriously, thank you very much for your work.

[SiNaN]

ne.miguelito

[SiNaN], I already saw that you left a new version, but I already made a lot of alterations in mine, many of them mentioned here...

I liked and I thanked that could explain to me, as I can make this manually, without having to install the new version...

I only want to append the option that could split in several pages...

and as I should exist many interested

http://i26.tinypic.com/2i1fhw5.jpg

thank you very much

[SiNaN]

It would be easier if you install the new version when the final is out.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Guest      8: Undefined index: 1
File: /------------------------------------/forum/Sources/SPortal.php
Line: 484
   Today at 22:17:34
Guest    8: Undefined index: 1
   Today at 22:17:33
Guest    8: Undefined index: 1
   Today at 22:17:27
tjblankin    8: Undefined index: 1
   Today at 22:15:14
   Today at 22:14:43
   Today at 22:14:00
Guest    8: Undefined index: description
File: /------------------------------------/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1653

Hey SiNaN, This error found in all profiles page.

Recently My forum Error Log shows me 1000 pls errors everyday.

Kindly help me Out SiNaN.

[SiNaN]

It's because of the Member Color Link mod. I've fixed that issue in beta. But I can fix it for you too if you can attach your SPortal.php file.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hey SiNaN, Sure i do .

Kindly checkout the post.

I will return only by tomorrow morning.

Take Time, Mod it and post me .

Thanks a Lot in Advance.

Jade Elizabeth

Link to site allowed?

I got your code, PM me :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: