News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: [SiNaN] on May 12, 2008, 03:25:19 AM

asudhakar
There seems no problem with the site now.
For the arcade block, can you provide me the link for downloading your version of arcade?

Hi SiNaN,
I am using the arcade block downloaded from Ericsworld Download page and here is the direct download link to the arcade, Download Here.

Check out and comeup with a Arcade block for my forum's simple portal which shows the High Scores list, Latest Game played, todays game etc.

I to found the Erics world give all the additional block for TP Version,
Hope this will be so useful to work for converting to simple portal block, Check out  this page

- A.SK
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

[SiNaN]

Quote from: TW1ST3D on May 13, 2008, 08:15:02 PM
[SiNaN] , First and Foremost.........Great Mod. I haven't had any issues that I could not clear up by myself.

I have one request of you , If you have the time.  On my forum I use the treasury Mod for Donations from Forum members and I would very much like to add a block that shows the Donation Block. The mod already has a configuration section that adjusts it for a TP sideblock. Can you figure out how to add this block in Simple Portal ?

Thanks in Advance , and Thank you again for such a Great Mod !!

~TW1ST3D

Will do it. Please remind me tomorrow via pm.

You too, asudhakar. Please remind again tomorrow.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Manu.G

Hi [SiNaN],

is it possible to make the mod "Member Color Link" http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=111 working in the portal too?

Thanks in advance
Manu
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Matthew Schenker

Good Morning,
I like the idea of this!  I've been looking for an alternative to TinyPortal for some time, and maybe this is it.  I've been looking through the posts in this discussion, but I'm wondering if people could offer their opinions about what makes SimplePortal better or different from TinyPortal.
Thanks for doing this!
Matt

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Manu0372 on May 14, 2008, 08:34:44 AM
Hi [SiNaN],

is it possible to make the mod "Member Color Link" http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=111 working in the portal too?

Thanks in advance
Manu

Remind me after 3 days Manu, I'll do it. Not so hard because.

Quote from: Matthew Schenker on May 14, 2008, 08:39:36 AM
Good Morning,
I like the idea of this!  I've been looking for an alternative to TinyPortal for some time, and maybe this is it.  I've been looking through the posts in this discussion, but I'm wondering if people could offer their opinions about what makes SimplePortal better or different from TinyPortal.
Thanks for doing this!
Matt

Good morning for you too. The difference is so simple: it is just "Simple" considered to the TP. People say that it seems visually better than TP but I can not say anything about this. But of course, this simplicity brings some disadvantages like causing it to be a very few featured portal system.

Matthew Schenker

[SiNaN],
I'll have to install it in my test forum and give it a try!
Thanks for your hard work on this.
Matt

5teady

It wont work for me, i get this when i try to install it...

6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

Why is mine coming out like this? I selected all the blocks but it doesn't come up.

TW1ST3D

Quote from: 5teady on May 15, 2008, 02:18:41 PM

Just run it through the Package Parser and Manually edit the file that failed. Just make double-Damn Sure that you backup the file that you are Manually Editing
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

TW1ST3D

Quote from: ssdt on May 15, 2008, 04:44:31 PM
Why is mine coming out like this? I selected all the blocks but it doesn't come up.

the board that you selected doesn't have all the permissions checked. ( check in your board Permissions)

and if you are wondering about "text to show" well , try typing something in the little box on the portal settings page.

5teady

Quote from: TW1ST3D on May 15, 2008, 05:58:42 PM
Quote from: 5teady on May 15, 2008, 02:18:41 PM

Just run it through the Package Parser and Manually edit the file that failed. Just make double-Damn Sure that you backup the file that you are Manually Editing

I was going to just finish the install and manually edit the file but...

Where do i find the code to edit?

TW1ST3D

when you run it through the Package Parser , it will give you all the edits. Simply find the Edit that failed on installation and manually edit it in

[SiNaN]

Quote from: asudhakar on May 14, 2008, 03:56:19 AM
Hi SiNaN,
I am using the arcade block downloaded from Ericsworld Download page and here is the direct download link to the arcade, Download Here.

Check out and comeup with a Arcade block for my forum's simple portal which shows the High Scores list, Latest Game played, todays game etc.

I to found the Erics world give all the additional block for TP Version,
Hope this will be so useful to work for converting to simple portal block, Check out  this page

- A.SK

The TP blocks are not suitable for the Arcade version you use. If you find the suitable TP block codes, just put the codes in to the one of the Advertise blocks and select "PHP" for the type.

ne.miguelito

Quote from: [SiNaN] on May 14, 2008, 05:59:50 AM
Quote from: TW1ST3D on May 13, 2008, 08:15:02 PM
[SiNaN] , First and Foremost.........Great Mod. I haven't had any issues that I could not clear up by myself.

I have one request of you , If you have the time.  On my forum I use the treasury Mod for Donations from Forum members and I would very much like to add a block that shows the Donation Block. The mod already has a configuration section that adjusts it for a TP sideblock. Can you figure out how to add this block in Simple Portal ?

Thanks in Advance , and Thank you again for such a Great Mod !!

~TW1ST3D

Will do it. Please remind me tomorrow via pm.

You too, asudhakar. Please remind again tomorrow.

I am also interested...

TW1ST3D

[SiNaN] ,

I found a way to Put the SMF Treasury Donations Block into Simple Portal. I just Borrowed the .php file (attached) from TP then placed it in
my main forum (root) directory and then placed this code ( again borrowed from TP) into the right side advertisement block....

global $boarddir;
include("$boarddir/treasury/DonationBlock.php");

then checked "php" (not HTML) in selection box and

and Voila !! it works !!

Now can I get some direction to the .php file that contains the Blocks? I want to change the heading "Advertise" to Treasury or Donations.
Thanks Again !

Regards,
TW1ST3D

_Anthony_

Interesting but nice.

Manu.G

Quote from: TW1ST3D on May 16, 2008, 11:06:38 PM
Now can I get some direction to the .php file that contains the Blocks? I want to change the heading "Advertise" to Treasury or Donations.
Thanks Again !

Regards,
TW1ST3D

To change the heading "Advertise" to "Treasury" or "Donations" open in the language directory the SPortal.english.php
search for
$txt['sp-advertise'] = 'Advertise';
replease it with
$txt['sp-advertise'] = 'Treasury';
or
$txt['sp-advertise'] = 'Donations';

;)
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

[SiNaN]

You can use the TP block codes with the SimplePortal. Just copy the codes and paste into one of the Advertise blocks and select "PHP" as the type.

You can add more blocks. Here you can see how:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg1523984#msg1523984

ne.miguelito

Thank you, to work very well...

sorosh1

[SiNaN] where can i find the TP block codes...? And you told about a update for this mod...when will it be out? ( just asking, no pressure)

Advertisement: