News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

Quote from: sorosh1 on May 17, 2008, 03:22:24 PM
[SiNaN] where can i find the TP block codes...? And you told about a update for this mod...when will it be out? ( just asking, no pressure)

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=4983.0

SimplePortal 2.0 has to wait until the of my finals. SimplePorta for SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 ready, just waiting to be packed.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

codnerd

Please make this work with 2.0.3.1 or whatever is the newest. Thx!

Eliana Tamerin

He is working on it, patience, please.

You have to realize that SiNaN is currently in school, which is nearing finals time. As I'm sure you know, that is a difficult and stressful time for any student, and any ties SiNaN has to SMF are purely voluntary, and as such are probably on a lower priority than his schoolwork and study for his final exams.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

darkusmaster

I have a super big favor to ask.  Can some one manually add this for me?  Every time I try to do it though my site it says at the ModSetting it has an issue and will not install properly.  If not that is ok thanks. 

Manu.G

Quote from: darkusmaster on May 18, 2008, 11:51:43 AM
I have a super big favor to ask.  Can some one manually add this for me?  Every time I try to do it though my site it says at the ModSetting it has an issue and will not install properly.  If not that is ok thanks.

If you want, I can try to help you. ;)
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

sorosh1

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=4983.0

SimplePortal 2.0 has to wait until the of my finals. SimplePorta for SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 ready, just waiting to be packed.

Thank you, and succes with you finals! I have my finals to, in 2 days for 2 weeks long >:( :P

mymktp1

Hi, I tried installing this mod for SMF 1.1.5 and for some reason when the test install runs it says this :

Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
7. Extract File ./Sources/SPortal.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/SPortal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/SPortal.english.php 
10. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/arrow.gif 
11. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/dot.gif 
12. Execute Code database.php

I tried Installing it anyways... and it seemed to display okay... however , I wanted to make some modifications by going to Configurations -> features and options settings and I got this error right away :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifysportalsettings() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/kitping/timsradio.net/smf/Sources/ModSettings.php:325) in /hsphere/local/home/kitping/timsradio.net/smf/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 388

Could someone please help me ? or what might be going wrong?

ruaduck

it is showing me that Modsettings.php and index.template.php  test failed.  I'm running 1.1.5 and all that fun jazz.  you think it might be all my other mods i have in it that won't allow me to autoinstall this?

TW1ST3D

Quote from: ruaduck on May 19, 2008, 04:41:43 PM
it is showing me that Modsettings.php and index.template.php  test failed.  I'm running 1.1.5 and all that fun jazz.  you think it might be all my other mods i have in it that won't allow me to autoinstall this?

Just Manually edit those two files in via FTP..................and then run the package installer. Just ignore the failed tests. Be sure to backup those files that you edit !!
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

mymktp1

Hi, I got it working and installed ... I was just wondering if there was a way to  to have board news display the posts from multiple  forums instead of just one?

*** I have ssi_boardNews Multiple Boards MOD installed ...

any advice?

ruaduck

Quote from: TW1ST3D on May 19, 2008, 09:05:49 PM
Quote from: ruaduck on May 19, 2008, 04:41:43 PM

Just Manually edit those two files in via FTP..................and then run the package installer. Just ignore the failed tests. Be sure to backup those files that you edit !!

What are the codes that go into those two files?  And where do i put them? I don't know coding very well.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: mymktp1 on May 20, 2008, 06:02:48 AM
Hi, I got it working and installed ... I was just wondering if there was a way to  to have board news display the posts from multiple  forums instead of just one?

*** I have ssi_boardNews Multiple Boards MOD installed ...

any advice?

The secon issue here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg1529011#msg1529011

Quote from: ruaduck on May 20, 2008, 08:02:50 AM
What are the codes that go into those two files?  And where do i put them? I don't know coding very well.

Here you can see the changes:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1104;attach=53651;smf_version=1.1.5

If you can't do it, I can help you.

mymktp1

thank you worked perfectly~!

ruaduck

i just looked in my default directory of my themes and i don' thave a modsettings.php file in there... should i?

ruaduck

Quote from: ruaduck on May 20, 2008, 03:08:45 PM
i just looked in my default directory of my themes and i don' thave a modsettings.php file in there... should i?
^
|
|
Me = Dumbass.  I looked in themes and not sources.

[SiNaN]

Okay, try it. If you can not do it, attach your file here.

Eliana Tamerin

It's ok, we all make those mistakes. I myself do sometimes when mods instruct me to install on BoardIndex.php and BoardIndex.template.php. Sometimes I go looking for source code in the template file. :P
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

ruaduck

i wasn't able to get the whole mod to work correctly with my forums.  It wouldn't add the stuff in the admin and in the blocks there were no letters... it wouldn't put them in.

I modified my modsettings.php though. i'll post that up to see if that might have been the cause.  But overall i like the format look. just wasn't able to get it to work :(

[SiNaN]

Let's try this then.

ruaduck

on my admin cp i don't get the  protal settings of  Admin CP >> Features and Options >> Portal Settings

I have not yet edited my index.template.php  but does that effect the admin cp?

Also all the words next to any of the numbers    (this is how it would look descriptively.     on the left you would  have a dot. middle words. then a colon. then number.  I don't have the middle words.)

I have included the two themes i use.  First is the default one and the other is the Main theme of my website. Starlight Theme by Rebelrose

Advertisement: