News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: TopBrandGamerz on August 01, 2010, 05:46:12 AM
Ok before i installed simpleportal my index.php was ok i could go to catogerys borards i installed it and it took over index.php i could`nt get to my forums..
People here cannot read minds. Unless you provide your forum link and version, we do not know what you did to get the error you have. And, when you install the mod, did you see any error messages?

MATTEK

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 30, 2010, 02:14:43 PM
Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 29, 2010, 09:16:36 AM
I have checked your files but there is no SimplePortal mod to remove from your index.php. Or may be you put a wrong file here?

I have removed the SimplePortal mod from your Admin.php file. Attached.

The index.php file should contain lots of other mods but yours doesn't contain any. It's like a new index.php file. You must have mistakenly change it or otherwise it should have no problem at all.
This concerns me. My index.php contains no mods what so ever?
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

This is the original SMF 2.0 RC3 index.php in the installation file I have. The size if compared to your attached one which is only 0.33kb is very much different.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

John he attached his index.php here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227599.msg2719399#msg2719399 But there is nothing in there. Not even equal to original index.php I attached above. Totally nothing. That is what I am saying.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Like actually nothing at all?

I cant believe what he has done...

MATTEK, you actually have overwritten your root index.php with your Sources index.php

How did you manage that?

SMF 2.0 RC5

MATTEK

I have a few index.php files on my computer, but they seem like they've been converted to regular text files.
SMF 2.0.1

Mattek, index.php for root is normally 15kb and above in size (not 0.33kb like the one you attached above). You might want to check your back up copies. You can post the files here if you are not sure which one.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Which one starts like this

/**********************************************************************************
* index.php                                                                       *
***********************************************************************************
* SMF: Simple Machines Forum                                                      *
* Open-Source Project Inspired by Zef Hemel ([email protected])                    *
* =============================================================================== *

Paste the entirety of that file into the index.php you have, but before you do that..

You forum is not working right, just a blank screen?

SMF 2.0 RC5

MATTEK

My forum is working perfectly fine minus the function and display of the SA Facebook integration and Custom Top Menu.

Other than that, works perfect.

Here's the only copy of an "index" file that's larger than 14kb that I have. It's a text file though.
SMF 2.0.1

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Quote from: MATTEK on August 01, 2010, 01:10:00 PM
My forum is working perfectly fine minus the function and display of the SA Facebook integration and Custom Top Menu.

Other than that, works perfect.

Here's the only copy of an "index" file that's larger than 14kb that I have. It's a text file though.
I can see it's working. Can you take the index.php file from your current site now (from the very root of your site and not from the Sources folder) where other files like Subscriptions.php or agreement.txt or readme.html is situated.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I don't see how the forum could be possibly working with that index.php file which belongs in sources, that cannot be right, you much have attached the wrong index.php file before...

SMF 2.0 RC5

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: MATTEK on August 01, 2010, 01:27:59 PM
This is from my root.

See now we have the right one.

Now back to my original post before, go to the mod download area for SP, then click parse, then compare the files to the parsing instructions for index.php

SMF 2.0 RC5

At last, the correct file. I noticed you installed this "Twitter and Facebook Publisher Mod". I would advise you not to use it unless you really need it. IMHO this mod is in conflict with SA Facebook Mod. Just follow John instructions ok. You'll do fine.

MATTEK

Yea we do need it. It generates a lot of traffic. When Articles are published.
SMF 2.0.1

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: MATTEK on August 01, 2010, 01:40:41 PM

Most traffic comes from twitter IMO and experience, use the no mod method if you want, but I use the mod, it does work great, however, I do not use SA Facebook.

Back on topic,
How is the comparing of index.php going?

SMF 2.0 RC5

MATTEK

Quote from: johncccccc on August 01, 2010, 01:50:11 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on August 01, 2010, 01:40:41 PM

Most traffic comes from twitter IMO and experience, use the no mod method if you want, but I use the mod, it does work great, however, I do not use SA Facebook.

Back on topic,
How is the comparing of index.php going?

Difficult. I'm not the best at this. lol. I'll manage, though.
SMF 2.0.1

Advertisement: