News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlitchPC

A?  Yes...
B?  No...

Looks like support is provided through this thread...since others' questions have been answered here...right?

TheListener

Support is both here and there.

txcas

After upgrading from RC5 to 2.0, I now have the Simple Portal credits on every block that uses HTML.  How can I prevent that?  You can see the site at http://www.troop520.org.

PLAYBOY

I used to use SP in my 1.1.14 now i upgraded to 2.0 and i get blue edges on top of the blocks when i install SP.

Can anybody tell me why is this happening and how can i fix it?

update: I can take that blue part off by removing
/* ************************************* */
/* Compatibility styles                  */
/* ************************************* */
h4.catbg span.left, h4.catbg2 span.left, h3.catbg span.left, h3.catbg2 span.left, .table_list tbody.header td span.left
{
   float: left;
   display: block;
   width: 9px;
   height: 31px;
   background: url(../images/_charcoal/theme/main_block.png) no-repeat 0 -160px;
}

h4.titlebg span.left, h3.titlebg span.left
{
   float: left;
   display: block;
   width: 9px;
   height: 31px;
   background: url(../images/_charcoal/theme/main_block.png) no-repeat 0 -200px;
}

from portal.css

But without the blue part it doesnt look complete.

Can somebody help me please?

Alex' Manson

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 22, 2011, 11:32:58 PM
I used to use SP in my 1.1.14 now i upgraded to 2.0 and i get blue edges on top of the blocks when i install SP.

Can anybody tell me why is this happening and how can i fix it?

put portal.css in your theme's folder / css.

PLAYBOY

Quoteput portal.css in your theme's folder / css.

I just did. Now, it doesnt have the blue part but it doesnt look complete either because left part of the block is just not there.

helike13

Is it recommended to install SimplePortal to a heavily modified SMF forum posteriorly? Or it screws up the modification?

TheListener

Have you at least tried to install the mod?

C4G-TK

Quote from: helike13 on June 24, 2011, 03:25:17 AM
Is it recommended to install SimplePortal to a heavily modified SMF forum posteriorly? Or it screws up the modification?

I've had SimplePortal on one of my forums for at least two years and have almost 60 mods installed.  It has worked great.

-img removed-

TheListener

Quote from: C4G-TK on June 24, 2011, 11:07:34 AM
Quote from: helike13 on June 24, 2011, 03:25:17 AM

I've had SimplePortal on one of my forums for at least two years and have almost 60 mods installed.  It has worked great.

Try 84 mods.

helike13

Did you installed SimplePortal after you installed 80 other mods? Or you installed the 80 mods after equipped with SimplePortal?

I have only 2 mods and lots of annoying manual code modifications that I can not exactly count at the moment.

TheListener

C4G-TK

Quote from: helike13 on June 24, 2011, 12:02:48 PM
Did you installed SimplePortal after you installed 80 other mods? Or you installed the 80 mods after equipped with SimplePortal?

I have only 2 mods and lots of annoying manual code modifications that I can not exactly count at the moment.

I normally install SimplePortal first.  To me that one is a priority, so I want to make sure that installs fine.  Then, I install based on priority of what I need.  If there is something that I install later down the line that has a lot of errors, I know it isn't as important, so know I can take my time to get it working fully and then install.

1) Always backup your files before you do an install.
2) You'll know what files fail before you hit continue, so you can always stop at that point w/0 changing anything.

-img removed-

helike13

Quote from: C4G-TK on June 24, 2011, 12:43:50 PM

What's with the database?

Does SimplePortal mod the database?

C4G-TK

Quote from: helike13 on June 24, 2011, 02:42:56 PM
Quote from: C4G-TK on June 24, 2011, 12:43:50 PM

What's with the database?

Does SimplePortal mod the database?

It does add tables to the database, but I'm talking about the files that the mod makes changes in.  I do that every time I install something, so you can easily replace them if something doesn't work.

-img removed-

jestism

Help Needed... :'(

I installed the "SimplePortal 2.3.3" on my test site (which was installed the same was as my LIVE site) and it installed and works great.

However, when I attempt to install it on my "live" site (which is on a different server, however all paths are correct per repair_settings.php) It starts the install by giving me a screen with what it is going to do and the option to modify other themes. (same screen I got when I installed on my test site)

However on my "live" site after I click "proceed" I get the following error. (Which I can only get rid of by replacing the entire "Packages" directory with a fresh copy from the "upgrade" files.

Error:
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

I have checked "Everything" and all the permissions are set to be writeable (identical settings as on the server with the  test site) as the forum files/directories as the test site.

I am at a LOSS as to why it would install flawlessly (and I was able to do exactly what I wanted with it... Thank-you) and yet can't get it to install on my live site.

I have attempted to install from the default SMF theme, from the theme I am running, from the "Core" theme... all with getting the same results.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Yes.... I even created a "Temp" directory under the Packages directory.

I went through and either verified or changed all of the permissions to 777 on the directories, sub-directories, and files that were listed to be changed.

Then after two failures, I went through and pretty much changed everything that was 755 on the new server to 777 (to match the test server)

And still got the same failures on installation attempts, so I would re-upload (and over write) the Packages directory (and sub-directory)... then the package manager would allow me to attempt to install a mod again. (instead of giving me that error)

Even tried "different" mod's (packages) in case it was specific to the portal one, but the new server fails and gives me the error message no matter what mod I try to install (always get the instructions, then the successful test screen and then click the proceed.... then the failure message, requiring me to replace the entire Packages directory to get another chance. (until the directory is replaced, if I retry to install the same mod, or install a different on, I continue to get the error message.

????? There has to be something I am missing somewhere. The installation (and function) of the forum through the upgrade process went without a glitch (once some one pointed out the simple thing I was missing in trying to do that over using "repair_settings.php to correct the path pointers inside the copy of the database used for installing on the new server)

Would be willing to pay a SMF Support guru to get this "SimplePortal 2.3.3" package installed on my forum.

jestism

PROBLEM SOLVED......

The problem is that I had a "/" at the end of the SMF forum path....

Removed it and everything installed properly.

Jessica.

I got a lot of Test Failed but most have "Ignore Errors". so I don't have to worry about them or something?
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

TheListener

Can you paste the test faileds here.

Usually it does mean these can be ignored ( I hope).

Advertisement: