SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

Thank you for the picture of the error log

* If you start with fresh SMF 2.0, with no mods installed
* Do you have such blank white pages anywhere?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

impreza

Just as I wrote above in any installation SMF2

How companies grow but will do tests today at night and I will know
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Angelina Belle

I am sorry I did not understand. Please tell me
Quote from: AngelinaBelle on July 27, 2011, 10:25:28 AM
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

impreza

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on July 27, 2011, 11:22:54 AM
I am sorry I did not understand. Please tell me
Quote from: AngelinaBelle on July 27, 2011, 10:25:28 AM

Yes, SMF2 the new installation - the same problem as described above

I checked on the new SMF2.0 now - just as I wrote earlier - the default language is Polish (I do not know whether this may have something to do with it) - package installation you need to change the zip to install it - the rest of the problems is the same as described earlier.

By the end of the week even try manual installation - it can automatically is a problem

Angelina Belle

Please.  I did not understand your description above.

Were there any problems in SMF BEFORE you tried to install SimplePortal?

impreza

not only in the  installation and when it is installed portal

He writes to you by tlanslator - probably because many are poorly written statements

Citizen Erased

Hi. After more than a year testing it, I finally install SimplePortal in my forum.

Excellent job. Congratulations to all.

I made my own translation to spanish_latin if you want to use it. I name it "beta" 'cause I didn't check it all yet. Is "spanish_latin" but it can be used as "spanish" or "spanish_es". I will try to improve it next week.

And a little advice. In line 1144 ther is a "$table_query .= ') TYPE=MyISAM';" line that must be (at least in some versions of MySQL) something like "$table_query .= ') ENGINE=MyISAM';".

Regards, and congratulations to all the SP Team again.

Angelina Belle

Did you have any problem BEFORE you started installing SimplePortal, or did all the problems begin with installation of Simpleportal?

impreza

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on July 27, 2011, 03:46:42 PM
Did you have any problem BEFORE you started installing SimplePortal, or did all the problems begin with installation of Simpleportal?

If this is a question for me is just how to install and have install SimplePortal

Angelina Belle

tomeh: Did you have any problem with SMF before you began to install SimplePortal

urgent

Hello:
I just installed simpleportal manually. Now when I click a link for categories or post, it just reloads the homepage. Any ideas on where I should start? My initial idea is to reload the sources folder from a clean install and start again. Thanks.

impreza

there were no problems before installing the portal. The problems are mainly with the portal and view pages but with modifications to the portal

Angelina Belle

Thanks for the information, tomeh,
Were there any problems DURING installation of SimplePortal?

I did not understand your comments about the zip file.

impreza

installing the portal - the zip file successfully with the lack of visibility of the modification and operation of the site as I mentioned earlier

Portal can be installed as a process the tar to zip - but the portal is in operation a few problems as I have already written

I think it's good that you have downloaded installations SMF2 and Polish translation was installed and performed just as it does every person

Polish txt

instalowanie portalu - po udanym z pliku zip brak widoczności strony modyfikacji oraz działanie portalu o czym wspomniałem już wcześniej

Portal da się zainstalować jak się przerobi tar na zip - ale portal ma w działaniu kilka problemów o czym już pisałem

Angelina Belle

tomeh -- thank you for that information.  Before, I did not understand if site was OK before install, and if install was OK.

Now, I am not sure what is causing your problem. Can you provide way that I can see these blank white pages myself?

I would like to help you figure this out.  If you wish, you may PM me with one username/password with administrator membergroup (temporarily).

impreza

localhost is in the tests. Upload a modification of the portal is a white page with the modifications and then in the portal do not work these things.

I have some time I will be testing it manually, automatically and in different ways.

The portal I found errors of ADK. They shall be corrected by the authors already.

Simple portal will only test again after some time - but I suspect that the results were different, and I dont know what's the probelm

Angelina Belle

I am sorry.  I do not understand "upload a modification of the portal".

When again you test SimplePortal, we will write very simple English, and try hard to understand each other, OK?

If this still is very difficult problem, perhaps you may bring it to simpleportal.net, OK?

Good Luck!

impreza

Thank you for your time, certainly can solve every problem - a matter of time.

urgent

Quote from: urgent on July 27, 2011, 08:41:41 PM
Hello:
I just installed simpleportal manually. Now when I click a link for categories or post, it just reloads the homepage. Any ideas on where I should start? My initial idea is to reload the sources folder from a clean install and start again. Thanks.

Hello:
Should I start with reloading my source directory, or maybe index and ssi? Anyone run into this problem before where the links just go to the homepage? Maybe something with the query string?

Angelina Belle

urgent,
I am sorry I missed your original post.
Manual installation can be tricky.  If you know which SMF files you edited, it should be enough to replace them.
These files will include index.php, some in the Sources folder, and some in your Themes folder.

Is there some reason you elected not to use the package manager to install the mod?
If only some of the tests failed, it is often easier to first do the install, then fix up the files that failed their test.

Advertisement: