News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Nope, that looks like it's a problem with the player. Also you generally should not be adding code like that directly into index.php, it will break other things.

Sono

Thanks, I will ask about it then in a Java coding forum.

Arantor

Just so we're clear - it's JavaScript not Java. The two are very, very different things.

Sono

Padre gremista

Is possible create a block with last posts in a board for the portal?

The blocks will be how in the image "after" that I annexed here in the post.
www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

Bigguy

Just wanted to say...using 2.3.6 on SMF 2.1 and they are getting along very nicely i must say. :)

Padre gremista

www.gremioemfoco.info - A comunidade gremista na internet.

Cylent1

I'm just gonna start by saying that the parse edits are not nearly correct to install into 2.0.9.
I have went through each edit, half of them were already edited, half of them were already edited and placed before what was supposed to be replaced, a couple of edits doesn't even exist in the files i'm supposed to edit.  WHAT A MESS!
I have a fresh install and default theme with no mods!  So does anybody else have this working on 2.0.9 Integrated?
If I install just like it is, there are no pretest errors and insatallation succeeds! But it will not let me use the integration feature.

[SiNaN]

I just downloaded a fresh SMF 2.0.9 and SP 2.3.6. I could install it with absolutely no problems and integration mode works perfectly fine. Just remember that if you switch to the integration mode, you will need to set the display options for the blocks to be forum (or anything else like everything that covers it).
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Cylent1

Quote from: [SiNaN] on November 13, 2014, 11:44:45 AM
I just downloaded a fresh SMF 2.0.9 and SP 2.3.6. I could install it with absolutely no problems and integration mode works perfectly fine. Just remember that if you switch to the integration mode, you will need to set the display options for the blocks to be forum (or anything else like everything that covers it).

Yes! thanks that was my issue....  NOW SOLVED!  ;D

NekoJonez

I'm curious, I added the "Who's Online" block, no issues except one visual one.

The users are listed underneath each other. I would like if they were besides each other. How do I do that?
Also, how can I show a legend of the colors that I use for the member groups?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

420Connect.co.uk

I'd also be interested in implementing this ^^^^

But my own query is..

I'm only using SP as my website landing page but I'd like to change it so that clicking my forum logo will take you into the forum, rather than back to the landing page..

I don't imagine this being hard to change but can't seem to find the right file / code

As always, any help is appreciated! :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Sono

Is it possible to make it available for a member to mark some of his new posts articles? Also: can I set an "Article" block to display the list of articles in scrollable format?

MyTime

I haven't gotten a response from sp support, but I was wondering if anyone here knew how too customize it too were the blocks have a custom border added, like a textured bordered that helps it flow with the site too separate each block?

Greygal

Attempting to install SimplePortal on 2.09, received the following error message for modifications to index.php:

Code: (Find) [Select]
      // Action and board are both empty... BoardIndex!
Code: (Replace) [Select]
      // Go catch it boy! Catch it!
      $sp_action = sportal_catch_action();
      if ($sp_action)
         return $sp_action;

// Action and board are both empty... BoardIndex!

If someone could give me an idea where the "replace" code should be placed in index.php, I'll manually add it.  I can't find anything even remotely resembling the searched-for line on this particular edit.

That is the only error I am receiving.

Thanks in advance!

GG

EDIT:  Nevermind, I figured out what the problem is.  The search line apparently is looking for

"      // Action and board are both empty... BoardIndex!"

followed by a blank line.  I ended up searching for "BoardIndex," found the line, added two tabs before it and a blank line after it, and the mod installed without any error messages.

Herman's Mixen

[code snippet from the install.xml]
<modification xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/modification" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<id>[SiNaN]:SimplePortal</id>
<version>2.3.6</version>

<file name="$boarddir/index.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[require_once($sourcedir . '/Security.php');]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[require_once($sourcedir . '/Security.php');
require_once($sourcedir . '/Subs-Portal.php');]]></add>
</operation>
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ // Is the forum in maintenance mode? (doesn't apply to administrators.)
if (!empty($maintenance) && !allowedTo('admin_forum'))]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ // Load SimplePortal.
sportal_init();

// Is the forum in maintenance mode? (doesn't apply to administrators.)
if (!empty($maintenance) && !allowedTo('admin_forum'))]]></add>
</operation>
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ // Action and board are both empty... BoardIndex!]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ // Go catch it boy! Catch it!
$sp_action = sportal_catch_action();
if ($sp_action)
return $sp_action;

// Action and board are both empty... BoardIndex!]]></add>
</operation>
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ 'findmember' => array('Subs-Auth.php', 'JSMembers'),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ 'findmember' => array('Subs-Auth.php', 'JSMembers'),
'forum' => array('BoardIndex.php', 'BoardIndex'),
'portal' => array('PortalMain.php', 'sportal_main'),]]></add>
</operation>
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[if (empty($_REQUEST['action']) || ]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[if (empty($_REQUEST['action']) || !($_REQUEST['action'] == 'portal' && isset($_GET['xml'])) && ]]></add>
</operation>
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ // Get the function and file to include - if it's not there, do the board index.]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ if (!empty($context['disable_sp']))
unset($actionArray['portal'], $actionArray['forum']);

// Get the function and file to include - if it's not there, do the board index.]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Greygal

Thanks Herman! I found it just as you posted it :)

The problem is it's searching for that line with two tabs before it and a blank line after.  Once I edited it thusly, it worked!

Thanks again!

GG

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

davidhs

Quote from: davidhs on April 10, 2012, 11:52:26 AM
I made a package for Spanish translation of SimplePortal 2.3.5 (based of translation 2.3.4 = 2.3.3 + new strings)

I attach this in SimplePortal website http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=11053.0
Language strings are same, this is valid for SimplePortal 2.3.6.

lonewolfe2015

Just started using SimplePortal (and consequently getting readjusted to SMF after a few years away), is there anyway for me to shift the shoutbox from below the statistics area to below the forum? I'd like to have the shoutbox inbetween my forum view and my statistics/online users, etc.

Advertisement: