News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkjay

Quote from: danshell on February 06, 2017, 04:43:49 PM
When I am logged in as the administrator I can see it ok but when I am logged out as a guest or even if I log back in as a regular member it doesnt show.....

Did you make sure that the "Permissions" field on each block it set to everyone?
I play games in my free time and volunteer my knowledge and support to the gaming communities of the internet.

You can contact me by these methods:
Use my Contact Script • PM me here • Add me on Steam

danshell

Quote from: Linkjay on February 06, 2017, 05:05:01 PM

Did you make sure that the "Permissions" field on each block it set to everyone?

Yes. All the other blocks work ok it is just the Poll block that only works when logged in as admin.

Guests and regular members can see all the blocks.

Chen Zhen

You must enable polls within SMF's Features & Options else it will only allow Admins to view the data.
This is a SMF setting & not one of Simple Portal's settings.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

danshell

Quote from: Chen Zhen on February 06, 2017, 05:16:08 PM

You must enable polls within SMF's Features & Options else it will only allow Admins to view the data.

Polls are enabled.

Everyone can see the poll in its thread. All that works fine.

Its just the poll block on the portal front page that isnt showing for anyone other than admins. The block is showing, just the content is not.

lurkalot

Quote from: danshell on February 07, 2017, 02:43:40 AM
Quote from: Chen Zhen on February 06, 2017, 05:16:08 PM

Polls are enabled.

Everyone can see the poll in its thread. All that works fine.

Its just the poll block on the portal front page that isnt showing for anyone other than admins. The block is showing, just the content is not.

Ok, so if the portal block is showing, but the content (Poll) isn't then it's a SMF permission setting.

Putting it another way. You're trying to display content from SMF inside a block, you have to make sure SMF allows that content to be displayed to those groups.  Check your SMF permission settings.

danshell

Thanks lurkalot. I have checked and double checked all permissions and everyone including guests are allowed to see the topic and poll. Everyone can see it in the forum thread just not on the portal block.

lurkalot

Quote from: danshell on February 07, 2017, 06:23:47 PM
Thanks lurkalot. I have checked and double checked all permissions and everyone including guests are allowed to see the topic and poll. Everyone can see it in the forum thread just not on the portal block.

Ok, I think I see what's happening. And confirm.  If you set up a poll, and set the poll options to "Show the poll's results to anyone." The poll content will show in the block.

If you set the poll options to either of the tow remaining settings,

"Only show the results after someone has voted."  Actual poll content is hidden, and you're presented with the 'you can not see the results of this poll at the moment' message.

"Only show the results after the poll has expired."  Actual poll content is hidden, and you're presented with the 'you can not see the results of this poll at the moment' message.

danshell

Quote from: lurkalot on February 08, 2017, 02:09:54 AM

Ok, I think I see what's happening. And confirm.  If you set up a poll, and set the poll options to "Show the poll's results to anyone." The poll content will show in the block.

"Only show the results after someone has voted."  Actual poll content is hidden, and you're presented with the 'you can not see the results of this poll at the moment' message.

"Only show the results after the poll has expired."  Actual poll content is hidden, and you're presented with the 'you can not see the results of this poll at the moment' message.

Yes, you got it. Thanks very much I really do appreciate the help. I would have never worked it out.

lurkalot

Quote from: danshell on February 08, 2017, 09:54:25 AM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 08, 2017, 02:09:54 AM

Yes, you got it. Thanks very much I really do appreciate the help. I would have never worked it out.

Thing is though, it shouldn't really be like that.  It should still show the poll content with those two settings, just not the votes, if you see what I mean. I think it's a bug. ;)

Captkaos

I am trying to uninstall Simple portal 2.3.5 on my forum running SMF 2.0.13 and I am getting the attached error.

can someone help"

br360

Looks like you are going to have to manually remove the code edits this mod makes to your default/Display.template.php and /Sources/Display.php.

Did you install an articles mod or edit anything in simple portal that had to do with the articles?

Captkaos

Not that I am aware of.  Pretty must used it out of the box.

Not sure how to go about manually removing this either.

br360

Go to this link http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1104

Look for "Manual Install Instructions for SMF" and click the parse tab. Scroll down until you see the files that are drawing errors and then you can edit those files, removing the code this mod added. (in your case default/Display.template.php and /Sources/Display.php)

lukonic

Hello, how could i seperate the left/center/right blocks?

i've tried playing with styles but it didn't want to work for me.

lukonic

Quote from: lukonic on March 31, 2017, 01:07:24 PM
Hello, how could i seperate the left/center/right blocks?

i've tried playing with styles but it didn't want to work for me.

Fixed it myself.  O:)

Jsizizzle

Hello, I was told I had to find the answer to my problem here. Here goes. My problem is that I cannot fully change the theme on my page when I go to change the them and then reset for everyone all pages will change to the new theme except for my main portal page. The main page n always  stays the same for some reason. My website is at playersprogramu.com. I would really appreciate if someone can help me fix this or maybe just point me in the right direction as to what file to fix. Thank you

lurkalot

Not sure if this will sort your problem because I don't use SP, but have you tried this setting?

Admin > Simpleportal > General Settings > Portal Theme.  (Select the theme which will be used for the portal)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: lurkalot on May 13, 2017, 11:33:39 AM
Not sure if this will sort your problem because I don't use SP, but have you tried this setting?

Admin > Simpleportal > General Settings > Portal Theme.  (Select the theme which will be used for the portal)
Tinyportal support supporting SimplePortal... Outrageous :P Thanks though, correct in my books.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Time was when SMF folks hung around in phpBB's IRC channel and phpBB folks lurked in SMF's IRC channel, all providing support.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Those kind of things got rare nowadays, though, so I tend to appreciate those small kindness acts.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: