News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundar_83

Any on help in this?

Ninja ZX-10RR

You most likely installed it with errors and kept going, because it definitely doesn't happen with a standard installation.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/A_mod_broke_my_forum
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

mattizzy

Hello, How can I modify The Front Page to my taste and remove all those default Blocks
I am only an SMF Addict. I think I took overdose.

Chen Zhen

Navigate to: Admin -> Simple Portal -> Blocks
.. from there you can add, edit and/or delete any blocks you want.
The editor is fairly self explanatory as it's titled/labeled for top, side, bottom blocks, etc.

To make a block simply choose where you want it placed, opt the block type (BBC, HTML or PHP), add the desired content, actual forum location (ie. board, forum, front page), permissions to view it (if desired) and then save it.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

SaltedWeb

Is there a way to change the color of the block header? They seem default blue and I need black to match the theme setting default doesn't seem to change it.
Thank You
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Chen Zhen

Admin -> Simple Portal -> Configuration -> General Settings
.. check the Portal Theme settings.
Default should set it to whichever theme is the selected default otherwise you can set it to a specific theme.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

CyanGaming

Trying to change the Top Posters list to: "Top posters of the week"
Upon making this change, this happened to the portal home page, it was not like this prior to the change

CyanGaming

Expression #5 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'smf.a.id_attach' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
File: /var/www/html/Sources/PortalBlocks.php
Line: 483

Chen Zhen

If all you did was edit a language file then it should not change any behavior of source files.
If you started messing with the database query to display other info then this likely caused your error.
Recent versions of mysql & mariadb turn some strict modes on by default.

If you're going to play with db settings then I suggest you do 1 or both of the following:

• remove only_full_group_by mode database setting
  • adjust db queries to adhere to strict group by setting

Here are some references:
https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/trying-to-disable-mysql-strict-mode.177432/
https://mysqlserverteam.com/mysql-5-7-only_full_group_by-improved-recognizing-functional-dependencies-enabled-by-default/

The group by clause can include multiple db columns but order is important for your query to output the intended target data.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Sir Osis of Liver

Can SP 2.3.7 be used with responsive themes?  Installed in Mobile-Desktop, theme is no longer responsive.  Works fine with TP 1.5.1.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Mick.

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 17, 2018, 10:08:32 PM
Can SP 2.3.7 be used with responsive themes?  Installed in Mobile-Desktop, theme is no longer responsive.  Works fine with TP 1.5.1.

the curve responsive mod drops the side block under when on mobile. See the css file at the very end. I don't know about the center blocks being responsive tho but I would think since its set 100%

Sir Osis of Liver

Haven't tried it in Curve, this forum is working with Mobile-Desktop.  SP seems to completely override responsive css.

- R. Waters

Mick.

Is that a theme? Lol make sure it has responsive.css in its css  folder

Sir Osis of Liver

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;basic_search=mobile-desktop

Works well in mobile view, but coding is a bit unconventional.  Works fine until SP is installed, then there's no responsive at all, uninstall and it's good again.  I think she'll go with TP if she settles on this theme.

- R. Waters

SychO

SP isn't a good idea with responsive themes, unless the theme in question has support for SP and forces it to be responsive.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Mick.

I made SP responsive in my site about 5 years ago and I do remember now SP was overiding the default theme. I did fixed it then but in my devsite (fresh install) https://idesignsmf.com/demo/index.php I've made no changes to SP css file but use the responsive.css mod on default theme and geek theme and SP is responsive. Unless my main site is overiding my devsite making me think is responsive. Ive been fooled before.  :o

SychO

Quote from: Mick. on September 18, 2018, 05:58:49 AM
I made SP responsive in my site about 5 years ago and I do remember now SP was overiding the default theme. I did fixed it then but in my devsite (fresh install) https://idesignsmf.com/demo/index.php I've made no changes to SP css file but use the responsive.css mod on default theme and geek theme and SP is responsive. Unless my main site is overiding my devsite making me think is responsive. Ive been fooled before.  :o

It looks like Responsive Curve supports SP
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Mick.

I went back and compared the portal.css files and I commented out this entry to make sp responsive work in my site. body is being used in index.css already without a width. Still needs responsive.css in the theme tho.

/*body
{
   min-width: 750px;
}*/

All blocks use percentage instead of PX, so this should work for you.

Mick.

Quote from: SychO on September 18, 2018, 06:15:56 AM
Quote from: Mick. on September 18, 2018, 05:58:49 AM

It looks like Responsive Curve supports SP
Yes, that's why I include responsive.css in my themes.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: