News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

ignore that - it now works if i add some text prior.

all good now
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

sirfpsycho

Hi, how can I enable mobile Emoji in shoutbox? utf8 is enabled and working in forum comment. but in shoutbox it is not working.

sirfpsycho

Hi, I have installed Extra permission mod for shoutbox. Now If user shout, it doesn't show immediately. it comes after 5 minutes of shout. Why?
Also automatic refresh is set in my shoutbox but it does not show new shout automatically after 5 minutes, If I reload page by pressing F5 or Clicking on logo then new shout shows. Refresh button in shout also does not work.

Additionally, I have disabled Cache option in shoutbox but still same issue.

Chen Zhen

Try enabling the cache for the shoutbox and set the refresh to 10 seconds.

Those type of emojis are 4 byte characters.
You need a filter to convert them to 3 byte equivalents.
Install the attachment and let me know if the emojis work using that patch.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

sirfpsycho

I installed extra option mod for shoutbox and set refresh 10 seconds. Also enabled cache. But still I can not see latest shout without pressing Ctrl+F5 or by clicking on logo. Shout does not show automatically. Also not showing if I click on refresh button in shoutbox. After reloading page shout shows. If I delete shout then it also does not remove. If I reload page then shout is not showing in shoutbox. It means in realtime shout is not updating. If I reload page it shows the latest updated shout.

Additionally for Emoji in shoutbox, I installed given attachment, but still Mobile Emoji are not showing in shoutbox.

Chen Zhen

Uninstall & delete version 1.0 of that plugin then install version 1.1 which is attached to this post.

I tested the Emojis and they work fine with this version.
If refresh still does not work and you are absolutely sure you have the setting adjusted properly in your shout admin then something else is causing a js conflict.
If this is the case, do you know how to troubleshoot js issues using your browser console?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

sirfpsycho

installed 1.1 but Still mobile Emoji is not working.

No, I don't know how to troubleshoot js. Please guide me.

Chen Zhen

You have to clear your browser history due to changes within the javascript file.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 29, 2019, 02:13:16 AM

You have to clear your browser history due to changes within the javascript file.

Yes after clearing cookies from cloudflare now mobile Emoji is working. But Extra option of shoutbox is not working properly.

sirfpsycho

I found another bug in shout box. After Apostrophe words are not showing.
For example If I write text:

Mobile's text is not showing

Then only word (Mobile) is showing. After Apostrophe texts are not showing.

Symbol & is also not showing.

Edit: From PC these two symbol is working but from mobile these symbols are not working.

Chen Zhen

Try the attachment.
This time I tested all the chars that appeared available on my phone & they work fine.

Remember to clear the browser history on all devices prior to testing.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

sirfpsycho

Thank you chen. Now it is working fine.
Can you please fix shoutbox extra mod?

Sir Osis of Liver

Trying to get google ads working in portal.  Set up bottom and right side html blocks using google code that worked in ad management mod, but blocks are blank, only test text is displayed.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

fishoaus

Quote from: Arantor on October 10, 2019, 01:40:45 PM

Hopefully someone nicer than me will come along, but I wouldn't bet on it. Custom work for people, for what people usually want to pay, honestly sucks to do.

your still funny as Arantor, love ur posts same as it was at DzinerStudio back in the day, might need u to fix my stuff & theme from them to suit the latest upgrades ;-)

lworang

Hello on my forum sometimes the shout on the shoutbox are not visible, I have to write more than one time sometimes few times. I started to have this issues recently. The shoutbox is a block at the end of the page, no changes or new mod installed recently.
No errors on the registry
Version Smf 2.0.17
Version Simple portal. 2.3.6
Any idea of what is going on please?

SilverKnight

Simple portal did a great job, i have used this mod for many years. If anyone is interested, the split forum mod supports this ( Allows multiple forums inside one forum )

Stirius

Hello, I'm searching and searching and am not able to find a solution for it. We moved to a new server and everything is working fine. We upgraded to 2.0.17 from 2.0.15. Still, everything seemed fine. However, we are not able to use in the shoutbox Czech chars like ýžářířčšž. Some of the chars completely blocks the shoutbox and nothing appears. Some of the chars end up like "%u011B%u0161%u010D"

I tried to install sp-extra-shoutbox, nothing. Changed language from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-2, nothing. To English, nothing.

Where to fix this please?

Thank you!

Stirius

I have a feeling that the problem is with the language. There is just cs and not cs-CZ, see attached. Where to fix it?

Chen Zhen

At the moment I do not seem to be able to duplicate your issue.
When I test it locally and live those characters work fine in the shoutbox.

Also when I just checked your website, the shoutbox appears to be working fine with accented characters such as those.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Stirius

Quote from: Chen Zhen on February 14, 2020, 08:50:20 PM
At the moment I do not seem to be able to duplicate your issue.
When I test it locally and live those characters work fine in the shoutbox.

Also when I just checked your website, the shoutbox appears to be working fine with accented characters such as those.

Hi, you can see at www.boiians.cz the characters from the history. Before the update and migration. But right now it is still not working. Just try to write there "čážřčýářžč" and nothing happens. I have no idea how to get to the source of this issue. We searched the shoutbox php codes, error logs and everything and nothing is appearing as the core issue...?

Ok, I tried another shoutbox plugin and that one is also not working ( https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1295 ). So this must be something in the settings. Do you have any ideas where the language, UTF etc. can get messy to be able to fix it? Because the forum works fine, even in Czech. Just the plugins don't...

Edit: this "ě" is visible as "%u011B" for example.

Thank you.

Advertisement: