News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Clearly, because that theme reworks the whole thing... Honestly it's more of a theme thing than a mod issue. You will have the same problem with SimpleDesk for example...
Regardless, I'm nice, Nightbreeze/css/index.css
Code (add at the end) Select
.button_strip_add_article:before {content:"\f055"}
.button_strip_remove_article:before {content: "\f056"}

Replace the \f055 and \f056 with whichever font-awesome icon you prefer, as long as it's present in version 5.11.2

As for the missing icons that are being called that's interesting, never noticed ;D

~SP Support
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Sir Osis of Liver

That worked, thanks Ninja.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

sirfpsycho

In right block I have added 8 Recent Posts/Topics. Yesterday everything was working fine. But from today only 1st and last Recent Posts/Topics is showing topics. Other Recent Posts/Topics are not showing any topics. How to fix it?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on March 07, 2021, 10:37:58 PM
That worked, thanks Ninja.
Glad to help old friend :)
Quote from: sirfpsycho on March 07, 2021, 10:39:20 PM
In right block I have added 8 Recent Posts/Topics. Yesterday everything was working fine. But from today only 1st and last Recent Posts/Topics is showing topics. Other Recent Posts/Topics are not showing any topics. How to fix it?
I could be wrong because I haven't used it in a while, but from what I remember that was the intended use. Recent as in last 48h or so ::)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

4LP3RUZ1

I read a few pages back but couldn't find anything. For some reason, maybe after 2.0.18 update, my front page news that include symbols like apostrophe, get replaced like this:

Toyota'nın
Toyota'#039nın

When I go into the topic its fine, but on the portal page its replaced.
Frozen frogs are back :(

Ninja ZX-10RR

Heard about this elsewhere but that was related to utf8 conversion...

My dirty fix for this is to simply add '#039 to censored words and replace it with ' ;D Nobody in a good state of mind would type '#039 in a discussion anyway.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

4LP3RUZ1

sounded like a very good idea, but didnt work. The posts are ok, so I'm guessing replace engine doesn't work. It has to do with some function simpleportal uses I am guessing.

edit: ok I'm tracing this down to the feature where portal blocks are shortened to specific amount of characters. If I disable that, portal posts return to normal.

edit2:
I can fix it if I change this part:
if (($cutoff = $smcFunc['strpos']($row['body'], '[cutoff]')) !== false)
{
$row['body'] = $smcFunc['substr']($row['body'], 0, $cutoff);
$limited = true;
}
elseif (!empty($length) && $smcFunc['strlen']($row['body']) > $length)
{
$row['body'] = $smcFunc['substr']($row['body'], 0, $length);
$limited = true;
}

like this:

if (($cutoff = $smcFunc['strpos']($row['body'], '[cutoff]')) !== false)
{
$row['body'] = substr($row['body'], 0, $cutoff);
$limited = true;
}
elseif (!empty($length) && $smcFunc['strlen']($row['body']) > $length)
{
$row['body'] = substr($row['body'], 0, $length);
$limited = true;
}

why would $smcFunc['substr'] do this?
Frozen frogs are back :(

Sir Osis of Liver

Does SP 2.3.7 allow php code in blocks?  All are Custom HTML, don't see any way to switch existing block to php.

- R. Waters

Ninja ZX-10RR

Add block -> Custom PHP ???
;D

No, you may not change the block type once you created it.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Sir Osis of Liver

Yeah, did that last night, php tags don't work in custom html block.  Reason I asked is ad management mod has dropmenu to switch type on existing block, saves a few steps.

- R. Waters

SD-X

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 14, 2021, 12:44:48 PM
Yeah, did that last night, php tags don't work in custom html block.  Reason I asked is ad management mod has dropmenu to switch type on existing block, saves a few steps.
My best guess is the block may be using the forum's rules on HTML tags there, but don't quote me on that. It may also be set to only process HTML, and blocks out PHP code for security purposes.

Sir Osis of Liver

Server is logging a lot of these in 2.0.18, SP 2.3.7 -

[30-Jul-2021 22:00:57 America/Santo_Domingo] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/mxb125/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2291) : eval()'d code on line 24

Only changes made to Load.php are from SP.

- R. Waters

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well, you can start by removing templates evaluation and see what comes up ::)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Sir Osis of Liver

Found it in Errors.english.php -

/$txt['not_a_user'] = 'The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist.';/

Nothing to do with SP.  This was another pretty urls screwup, but don't think that had anything to do with it either.  More likely forum owner was dicking around with the code.

- R. Waters

Ninja ZX-10RR

Kek ;D Glad you found out!

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Dave J

PHP7.4 causes an error with SP 2.3.7.

The error is

8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /*/*/public_html/Sources/PortalBlocks.php(3591) : eval()'d code
Line: 35

The line of code is

void sp_recent()
Reverting back to PHP7.3 stops the error

I have 'Disable evaluation of templates' enabled.

Any ideas on a fix to go forward with PHP7.4 please?

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Chen Zhen

Your error message actually shows line 3591 of PortalBlocks.php which is just the eval function that executes the code from your custom PHP blocks.
Line 35 is what's triggering the error from a PHP custom block.

Disable every custom PHP block, switch back to PHP 7.4 and then enable your custom PHP blocks one at a time until the error occurs. This will allow you to determine which blocks are causing the error.
Keep in mind that you may have multiple custom PHP blocks containing deprecated code.
With that possibility this process may have to be repeated.

If you copy the problem block code in a proper code editor it will give you line numbers which should allow you to find the line of code causing the error.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Mike66

@ Dave J

I like the design of your Hobby Workshop site Dave  8)

Cheers
Mike

Wellwisher

I am trying to move a block to the 1st position. When I attempt to change it, I get the following new error:

It's never happened before, I have been running this mod for years  :-\

Current version I am using is SimplePortal version 2.3.7

The rest of my forum seems to be fine.

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'row = row + 1
WHERE col = 4
AND row >= 1
AND row < 3' at line 2
File: ////forum/Sources/PortalAdminBlocks.php
Line: 662

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.18, while your database is at version 2.0.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Dave J

Quote from: Mike66 on October 26, 2021, 08:29:08 AM@ Dave J

I like the design of your Hobby Workshop site Dave  8)

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Advertisement: