Manual Copy of Members and Posts from Invision???

Started by Chris IOW, March 11, 2008, 10:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahmedsamikh

Hello Sleepy ,
I am sorry bothering you but I think you want this converter to PERFECT  and it is going to be :)

1- Yes you are right . A simple repair to smf tables has solved the problem.
2- in IPB , you know , there is a primary member group and a 2ry member group . So a member  might appear to belong to a certain group permission but actually he/she belongs to another member group. I think this mix of permission did not work in a proper manner.

In addition , The access to ACP .I have a group that can access the acp
( super admin group ). Now they can not access the ACP unless I turn them to ( the root admin ) group.

3- It would be very nice to fix the display name.

4- This is similar to point.2 The ( super moderator ) group can not access a certain forum which was allowed only to the root admin and super moderators.

5- I hope you can do it , however it is not very important but will be nice to do.I think it is stored in
  table : ibf_cache_store  ;  cs_key: stats   ; most_mem_day ; most_mem_date

6-Yes the members birthdays are present in the calender after conversion. I think the other events and settings are presented in  # ibf_cache_store , cs_key : calender
#  ibf_cal_calendars
#  ibf_cal_events

7- Yes , You are right . They are converted and present in the DB table but not showing in the forum. However , The number ( only the number ) of inbox messages is showing.

8- This is the most ever annoying and critical problem .
Hyperlinks are hyper links >> they are URLs referring the reader to certain page or file. For example If I wrote a topic which talks about a certain soft ware and put the link to download it , after conversion , the topic is completely present including the tutorial pics but the link to download the file has gone with the wound . This is extremly strange !
Any link included within a
[url=http://]
[/url]

bbcode is not ( shown ) or not converted .

9- Yeh , but untill the ( hyperlinks ) problem will be solved . If I am going to drop some tables from the database it won't be those of IBP  :) ;)

10 - there is a one more thing ( please be patient ) the friend lists of members ( ibf_profile_friends ) in SMF: ( Buddy List ) are not shown.

Finally , I would like to thank you for your effort and would like to tell you that my converted forum is not very small .
registered members : 3.821
Most users ever online : 1.778
forums : 165

SleePy

2. (DONE) Ahh yes I do see a "mgroup_others" in the database..
It appears to be a comma separated array with commas at the start and end. So I can use a simple trim to remove the commas from the start and end and use that as additionalGroups that SMF uses.

3. (DONE) I have changed my script locally to use
QuoteSUBSTRING(m.members_display_name, 1, 255) AS realName
So that should get it done :)

4. (DONE) Hopefully to what I am doing above fixes this. SMF doesn't have a root admin group. If you are given the administrator group you are given full power. You can create other groups though and give them some admin powers. Be careful of the "moderate forum and members" as its the big hammer permission that gives them full access.

5. (DONE, I Think I got it off those that look to be right for most online ever) I need to look into it more, but it appears it is just a serialized array. So it shouldn't be to hard to get it. I can't find those values in there. But I do see others. But I can put protection to prevent errors from occurring if its missing (like it is for some reason).
('stats', 'a:7:{s:13:"total_replies";s:1:"0";s:12:"total_topics";s:1:"1";s:9:"mem_count";i:2;s:13:"last_mem_name";s:8:"testuser";s:11:"last_mem_id";i:2;s:10:"most_count";s:1:"1";s:9:"most_date";s:10:"1209506001";}', '', 1),

Edit, sorry clicked save instead of preview :P

6. (DONE, I think I might of fixed this by removing a where, so it should just pull all calendar events rather than just yearly ones) Ok, I will look at those. I kinda dislike that IPB wants to cache everything. Its an abuse of caching.

7. (Done, It was sending it to the wrong box :P) Hmm, ok I will look more into this. They must not be getting linked right or some reason being shown as deleted.

8. Do you got the original contents of the post? You can PM me them if needed.

10. (DONE) I can look into that. It might be possible.

Edit,
Once you give me the full message I can test it and will upload the hopefully everything fixed converter :P

I am not striving for perfection, but these simple things that can easily be done I don't mind fixing.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ahmedsamikh

This sounds very promising.
I did not get what is the " full message " I will PM you with some topic example to see what I mean.

SleePy

Well I just needed a full message that was posted that has the issue.
So I can basically copy and paste it and test it to see where its going wrong.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ahmedsamikh

Yes, I got you :)

I have sent you a pm with links to those examples .

I also can paste some post here if you want me to do

SleePy

I think I got it. The regular expression just needed some () around it.

You can give this one a try and see the results of it :)

ahmedsamikh

Nice job,
I have downloaded it and will proceed in conversion late at this night ( 6 hours later )
I hope I'll give you an excellent feedback :)

SleePy

ahmedsamikh

Back and slightly disappointed
:)
at step1
/convert.php?step=1
The following error occured
Converting members...
Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/rtoosh/public_html/vb/convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 84

Notice: Undefined index: memberName in /home/rtoosh/public_html/vb/convert.php on line 833

Notice: Undefined index: realName in /home/rtoosh/public_html/vb/convert.php on line 834

Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/rtoosh/public_html/vb/convert.php(827) : eval()'d code on line 84

Notice: Undefined index: memberName in /home/rtoosh/public_html/vb/convert.php on line 833

Notice: Undefined index: realName in /home/rtoosh/public_html/vb/convert.php on line 834

Unsuccessful!

The rest of the error details :
This query:

INSERT INTO `rtoosh_newforums`.smf_members
    (buddy_list, signature, memberName, realName)
    VALUES ('2,3,4,5,6,7,9,12,13,14,15,19,20,21,39,44,61,62,64,85,90,99,102,106,123,138,190,381', '', '', ''),
    ('9,381,405,534', '', '', ''),
    ('85,90,125,138', '', '', ''),
    ('1,64', '', '', ''),

( Then a list of my members details : usernames, hashed passwords , emails signatures )
then :
Caused the error:

Column count doesn't match value count at row 5

SleePy

Ahh, I thought I fixed that. I guess I only made it worse :P
I am going to need time to figure this one out, I don't know why it happens (even though I know where its occurring) :|

SleePy

Ok, that was faster than I thought :P
I got rid of the error for sure and it is now correctly converting the buddies :)

ahmedsamikh

Back again Sleepy with my feedback :)

Conversion has just completed successfully!

Considering the points I requested to to fix :

1- Member's emails are shown or hidden according to their choice

2- forums and user groups permissions : not fixed

3- Display names : not fixed

4- The ( most online ever ) : fixed

5- Calender events : not fixed

6- The messages ( PMs ) : fixed

7-The Hyperlinks within the topics : FIXED  :)   

This is a very satisfactory conversion for me .
and those small issues can be discarded or fixed manually.

Thank you very much sleepy :)

You have done a very wonderful job!

SleePy

Hmm,
2. The additional groups should be being copied over. They are in my tests. So the permissions that are copied over should be applied to those groups. Was it just permissions or was the groups not being copied over correctly?

3. Ahh, I see what happened. During my tests of getting the additional groups I was having errors. I reverted a few changes to figure out where I broke it. I got it fixed though :)

5. Ok I will look into this more later tonight. I was hoping removing the WHERE part would fix it as it wouldn't be looking only for yearly events but at all of them.

Edit,
This one should fix #3, and maybe #2 if I think I did it right. Additional groups was not having its IDs corrected for when they where converted.
I added some php to detect and correct it. I haven't tested this one though since I need to head out the door soon.

SleePy

Ok, this one should hopefully fix those all :)

The calendar conversion was working as I expected, just for one it was going to a different table than I thought and needed a little more work.

ahmedsamikh

what about the display names & group permissions ?  :)

SleePy

Did it not do those? I am sure it should be.
I am using a totally different field for the display names and the additional groups are now being converted.

ahmedsamikh

I did not test the latest .sql file yet. My server is down and I will do ASAP

Advertisement: