Problem viewing attachments W2K SP4 + IE 6 SP1 + SMF 1.1.4

Started by nrenou, March 03, 2008, 09:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrenou

Hi,

One client using W2K SP4 + IE 6 SP1 can't view attachments (jpg or pps for example).
She obtains something like :

While clicking on a jpg or pps attachment
"Internet Eplorer can't download ...dlattach;topic=33.0;attach=30 from 10.33.4.45"
"Internet Explorer couldn't open this website. This site is not available or couldn't be found. Please try later"

bad translation for french message :

"Internet Eplorer ne peut télécharger ...dlattach;topic=33.0;attach=30 de 10.33.4.45"
"Internet Explorer n'a pas pu ouvrir ce site internet. Le site n'est pas disponible ou n'a pas pu être trouvé. Réessayez ultérieurement."

It works on XP SP2 + IE7
It works on W2K SP4 + IE5

Fiery

Thats likely an browser issue, I am not sure of a fix since its so old and out of date.  Have they considered trying fire fox or other?

Does the error just occur with jpg or pps?

Have you tried a search and checked to see if that browser/os has issues downloading certain types of files?

nrenou

Have they considered trying fire fox or other?
--> We only use IE at our office, because some "housemade software" don't work on Firefox.

Does the error just occur with jpg or pps?
--> .DOC OK
--> .XLS OK
--> .PDF OK
--> .GIF OK

--> .BMP Not OK
--> .PPS Not OK
Perhaps a problem with attachment size ?

Have you tried a search and checked to see if that browser/os has issues downloading certain types of files?
I didn't find anything about this problem...

greyknight17

How big are these BMP and PPS files and did you try increasing the limit in Admin->Attachments and Avatars? If it goes beyond 8MB or so, you might have to edit your PHP values or ask your host to do it since there is another limitation on the server end.

nrenou

I tried with small files.
.bmp   949 Ko
.doc    23,5 Ko
.xls     13 Ko
.pdf    1.18 Ko
.gif     23 Ko

I could open all files, except the .bmp
The limit in PHP is 32 MB. :-\

SlammedDime

Are there any software firewalls or antivirus softwares running on the given machine?  Have you tried disabling them and trying again?  I run into numerous issues every day where my firewall blocks some functionality of a site (Even this site, for example, I could not view attachments at all with my firewall turned on, until I put an exception into the configuration).
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: