[Request]Leoboard/Leobbs to SMF Converter [申請]雷傲論壇到

Started by yantc, February 22, 2005, 10:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yantc

Dear SMF,

Thanks for creating such a wonderful multilingual forum for everybody, really appreciate it.

I would like to switch from the Leobbs (hxxp:lb.moninet.com.tw/LeoBBS/leobbs.cgi [nonactive]) which I am currently using to SMF, my old forum has been running since January from last year with several hundred clients already registered. However CGI based forums have always been really resource consuming and even paid hosts can't handle.

Kindly provde some solution if possible.

Thank you.

T. C. Yan

親愛的SMF,

首先希望感謝您們創作了這麼棒的多語言的論壇。

在下希望把雷傲論壇轉換到SMF論壇。在下從去年一月開始已有一個數百人註冊的雷傲論壇,由於它是CGI,非常的耗用資源,令付費伺服器也不勝負荷。

如有任何解決方法,煩請告知。

謝謝!

T. C. Yan

[Unknown]

I'm afraid I cannot read Chinese; is there a way to get this software without buying it?

To make a converter, I need some sampling of the data, and I need to know how the data is stored and how one might get to it.  If it is not free, would you be willing to send us a portion of your forum's data to write the converter with?

-[Unknown]

yantc

Dear Lead Developer,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have downloaded the Traditional Chinese version of the forum and the link to the self-extracting file is at:

hxxp:us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5c71d25/bc/LeoBBSX050115_CHT.exe?bfQfqHCBAWWppxFr [nonactive]

Password for extracting the file is:hxxp:lb.moninet.com.tw [nonactive]

I am going to install a sample forum and post some articles, I am going to send yourself the link to the sample forum once I have finished installing. If I can provide any assistance, please notify me as soon as possible.

I also tried to download the simplified Chinese version as well, but their server connection is very, very slow at the moment(1.5kb/s), I am going to upload it when finished downloading.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

T. C. Yan

Kirby

One question, does it run on MySQL or a flatfile database?

yantc

Forgot to mention: Sorry, there isn't any English version of this forum, should you require translation, please notify me which portions of the forum must be translated.

Thanks.

T. C.

yantc

Quote from: Kirby on February 24, 2005, 11:18:51 PM
One question, does it run on MySQL or a flatfile database?

Hello Mr. Kirby,

It does not run on MySQL, I suppose it runs on a flatfile database, since the data are either stored in .cgi or .txt hxxp:or.pl [nonactive].

T. C.

yantc

Dear [Unknown], developers, designers and staff,

I have done some translations, see if it helps.

Translation of the Forum Intallation description:

1. Upload all the folders, subfolders and files except subfolders named "usr" and "usravatars" within the "non-cgi" folder.

2. Skip this if you are using Windows servers - Please set permissions for the files and folders according to instructions, if you are running on Unix servers.

3. Execute "install.cgi", install according to the wizard(Please don't forget to crreate an account for the administrator).

4. Enter the administrator area to perform initialization of the forum, and configure "basic settings" and "default style settings", finally establish your forum in the "forum settings and management" area.

5. Installation complete, enter your forum.

The .htm page for permissions for folders and files are at:

hxxp:us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5c71d25/bc/filemod.htm?bfSssHCBWXTPIIFg [nonactive]

I will still provide a sample forum.

Yours sincerely,

T. C.

yantc

Dear Unknown,

Sample forum of Leobbs installed, I have sent the details to you via pm.

One thing we need to take note regarding the sample forum is, it is being hosted on netfirms' free plan, and it will only allow 1000 cgi executions per day. I have already done around 100, and I don't think they will actually allow any thing more than 500(meaning 500 clicks).

When the limit is being reached, the free site will be suspended forever unless we upgrade the free plan to a paid plan.

Thanks.

T. C.

Kirby

yantc,

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5c71d25/bc/LeoBBSX050115_CHT.exe?bfQfqHCBAWWppxFr does not work..if you can get me a working url to it I can probably try some kind of converter based on Unknown's YaBB one.

yantc

Dear Kirby,

Thanks for your reply.

I have sent youself a personal message. :)

Yours sincerely,

T. C.

Advertisement: