News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Fireboard 1.0.x

Started by SleePy, March 17, 2008, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ormuz

I've upload the convert.php to my smf directory I've add the smf user and the jooma user permissons to the respective db in the cpanel and I have this message in convert.php file

Which software are you using?
The converter did not find any conversion data files. Please check to see if the one you want is available for download at www.simplemachines.org. If it isn't, we may be able to write one for you - just ask us!
After you download it, simply upload it into the same folder as this convert.php file. If you're having any other problems with this converter, don't hesitate to look for help on our forum.

Try again

I've another question, what is the sql file for?

* ATTENTION: You don't need to run or use this file!  The convert.php script does everything for you! */

SleePy

the .sql has instructions for the convert.php on what to do during the conversion.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ormuz

Ok... And for the first problem, any ideias?

I need to do this fast!

ormuz

After execute the sql file I have this error...

QuoteComando SQL:

/* ATTENTION: You don't need to run or use this file! The convert.php script does everything for you! *//******************************************************************************/ ---~ name : "Fireboard 1.0"/******************************************************************************/ ---~ version : "SMF 1.1" ---~ settings : "/configuration.php", "../../configuration.php", "../../../configuration.php" ---~ from_prefix : "`$mosConfig_db`.$mosConfig_dbprefix" ---~ table_test : "{$from_prefix}users"/******************************************************************************/ - -- Converting members...
/******************************************************************************/ TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}members;

Mensagens do MySQL : Documentação
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '---~ name: "Fireboard 1.0"

---~ version: "SMF 1.1"
---~ settings: "/configur' at line 1

EDIT:
Hooow... I don't need to run the file, just upload it! ;) lol

SleePy

Did you try to run it via phpmyadmin?

You upload this .sql file to the same location as convert.php
Then you execute convert.php from your browser and it should process and start working through the conversion.

swillman

Thank you for the help so far on my idiocy trying to make the directories correct.  SMF is now found, but I am having a hard ti sending it to my Fireboard install.  Help?

SleePy

Set it to the path to joomla. It will complete the path to fireboard during the conversion.
The path should not be a url.
I looks something like:
/home/cpanelusername/public_html/joomla/

The quickest way to figure out the path you would use is upload a new php file to your joomla directory and put this in the file:
<?php
echo dirname(__FILE__);
?>

That will display the path to joomla you need to use.

gha

hi.

I have a problem with FireBoard path. I use this path for SMF and it's OK
/var/www/web24/web/forum

and use this for FireBoard :
/var/www/web24/web/components/com_fireboard

but it does not work! :(  I see This error
Unable to find the settings for Fireboard 1.0. Please double check the path and try again.

please help.... What do i do?!

thanks.

SleePy

Just tell it this path:
/var/www/web24/web

It needs the path to joomla and it will complete the path to fireboard :)

gha

thanks alot! ;)  converted!  but......  the font are irregular :(  :(  like this :

why?!

what can i do ?!  :-[

thanks.

ThorstenE

What type of charset is this? Maybe there is a problem with the database-collation?

both databases should have the same. if fireboard uses UTF-8 SMF should also use UTF-8, if Fireboard uses your type of collation SMF should also use your type of collation.

gha

Quote from: ThorstenE on June 16, 2008, 01:49:56 PM
What type of charset is this? Maybe there is a problem with the database-collation?

both databases should have the same. if fireboard uses UTF-8 SMF should also use UTF-8, if Fireboard uses your type of collation SMF should also use your type of collation.
hi.
the fireboard and SMF both use same DB.
but i dont understood! how i can tell to SMf taht use the  my type of collation?! 

my MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
my MySQL connection collation:  utf8_unicode_ci

and in option 'Set SMF's default character set to' in convert.php i set to UTF-8

what's the problems?!!  :)
thanks.

ThorstenE

i cannot read the language on the screenshot.. can you explain what's wrong with this? a link to both would also be helpful. is the collation of all tables also utf8_unicode_ci or are there differences between the fireboard-tables and the smf-tables?

gha

hi my friends.  :)
the language in the screenshot must be persion/farsi  like this:   ;)
سلام دوستان. حال شما چطوره؟!
از این که این جا هستم خوشحالم.

the all tables are utf8_unicode_ci .

ThorstenE

8). can you convert your forum again and leave the checkbox for UTF-8 in convert.php blank? maybe you get better results then.

if this does not help you, try to install a new SMF without UTF-8 collation and convert again.

phreak

Hi all,

I tried the converter script with SMF 1.5.1 and Fireboard 1.0.4. The converter tells me that everything worked nice out.
But the members are not transfered to smf_members and so they are not able to log into the forum.

I receive some erros i would wish to work out too.

1.) When the convert.php shows me its done, it states on top of the page:

QuoteWarning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/htdocs/mypage/_smf/convert.php on line 780

2.) And this issue regarding the avatars:

QuoteWarning: copy(/www/htdocs/mypage/_smf/components/com_fireboard/avatars/) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/mypage/_smf/convert.php(1075) : eval()'d code on line 4

Does someone has an idea how to avoid these issues ?

Thanx
phreak

ThorstenE

copy(/www/htdocs/mypage/_smf/components...
it seems like you entered a wrong path to fireboard in convert.php
path to fireboard must be the root-path from joomla.

Manicred

Hi guys!
Thank you for this excellent converter! After a couple of attempts everything is looking good.

I have one problem, I can't login to admin.
Has anyone come across this problem? When I try to login it asks to send me an email, which never arrives.. New members can sign up and as I said all seems good.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Really liking this script, it looks great.

Thanks..

ThorstenE

you need to install the Fireboard_Login_Fix_v11.tgz (attached in first post of this topic). if you cant login as an admin try to reset your password with the forgotten password link.

Advertisement: