[SMF Converter] Fireboard 1.0.x

Started by SleePy, March 17, 2008, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manicred

Quote from: ThorstenE on July 08, 2008, 08:28:53 AM
you need to install the Fireboard_Login_Fix_v11.tgz (attached in first post of this topic). if you cant login as an admin try to reset your password with the forgotten password link.
Yes I realise that. But I can't login to the admin section. No emails are delivered when I request a new password.
Is it possible to install the Fireboard_Login_Fix_v11.tgz without logging into admin?

Thanks.

Manicred

Well I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I even tried to change the pass in the DB and still I cant login..

ThorstenE

you can reset the passwort with PHPMyadmin: in SQL-Code-Window execute
update smf_members set passwd = "test",  passwordSalt='' where ID_MEMBER=xyz
replace smf_ with your prefix and xyz with your Admin's user_id, after that you should be able to login with your account and password: test

SMF is able to read a cleartext-password so you don't need to encrypt it in any way.

Manicred

Quote from: ThorstenE on July 08, 2008, 10:39:18 AM
you can reset the passwort with PHPMyadmin: in SQL-Code-Window execute
update smf_members set passwd = "test",  passwordSalt='' where ID_MEMBER=xyz
replace smf_ with your prefix and xyz with your Admin's user_id, after that you should be able to login with your account and password: test

SMF is able to read a cleartext-password so you don't need to encrypt it in any way.

Thank you for your reply ThorstenE

I tried that already and received the following error:

SQL query:

UPDATE smf_members SET passwd = "test",
passwordSalt = '' WHERE ID_MEMBER = admin

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'admin' in 'where clause'

ThorstenE

ID_MEMBER is a user's unique number (ID)

try
update smf_members set passwd = "test",  passwordSalt='' where memberName='admin'

Manicred

That did it!!

Thank you so much for your help. Now I can start!

Everything seems good now, just need to install the Fireboard_Login_Fix_v11.tgz. WoW its great to have a REAL forum, Fireboard is lacking in so much.

Thanks again mate!

SleePy

The Fireboard login fix can be applied manually.
We do have instructions on our doc site and there is 3rd party mod parsers that will show you how to make the edits to the files in order to manually install it.

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Focuz

hello SleePy,

tnx for your help, after many attempts, i've converted my fireboard (1.0.0) at smf 1.1.5, joomla 1.015. I can login , everything works fine (except  avatars), but  the replies in messages are missing.
Replies, I mean the calculating (replies 565 for example), the answers in posts have transfered.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

ThorstenE

have you seen this message after conversion?
QuoteRecalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
maybe the conversion stops with an error? then post the error message here..

this schould fix the replies-problem:
Admin - Forum Maintenance - Find and repair any errors and Recount all forum totals and statistics.

Focuz

tnx for your reply ThorstenE

the conversion stops with this error:
Warning: copy(C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\fireboard/components/com_fireboard/avatars/) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\forum\convert.php(843) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\fireboard/components/com_fireboard/avatars/) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\forum\convert.php(843) : eval()'d code on line 4
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

but in  Admin - Forum Maintenance - Find and repair any errors and Recount all forum totals and statistics,
have fixed the replies problem

thanks you very much mate

cheers
FocuZ

ThorstenE

the fireboard_to_smf.sql will try to copy all avatars to SMF's attachment directory but cannot find the avatar-files in C:\xampp\htdocs\f...\components\fireboard/components/com_fireboard/avatars/

an easy solution would be to create this folder (if it does not exist) and copy all avatars into it. after this you can convert again.

Focuz

Look at hear:C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\fireboard/components/com_fireboard/avatars/,
this path display twice the same folder, components-components, fireboard-com-fireboard.

However there is a folder labeled "avatars", but this is in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\com_fireboard\avatars
and the conversion display the same error as above

ThorstenE

edit fireboard_to _smf.sql and replace

'/components/com_fireboard/avatars/',

with
'/avatars/',

Focuz

after this  change
Warning: copy(C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\fireboard/) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\forum\convert.php(843) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\fireboard/) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\forum\convert.php(843) : eval()'d code on line 4

ThorstenE

sorry, not enough coffee for me today..  i fixed it in the above post  :)

Focuz

you are wellcome  ThorstenE,

nothing is changing:

Warning: copy(C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\fireboard/avatars) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\forum\convert.php(843) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\fireboard/avatars) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\forum\convert.php(843) : eval()'d code on line 4
Successful.

my system: PHP/5.2.5  and mysql 5.0.51a

ThorstenE

QuoteHowever there is a folder labeled "avatars", but this is in C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\com_fireboard\avatars
and the conversion display the same error as above

can you browse the folder C:\xampp\htdocs\fxxx\components\com_fireboard\avatars\ with Windows-Explorer? are the avatars from your users there? if not try to locate the avatar-files and copy all the files to this folder..

Focuz

Of course I can explorer the folder of avatars with Windows-Explorer. the avatars of my users are there.
I have had an idea: I've copied all avatars and I've pasted in smf/avatars folder. so, it's easy to me to correlate a user with his own avatar.

PaVi90

Hi all,
I want to convert from FireBoard to SMF, but I don't understand the first post... can anyone tell me the procedure step-by-step?
Have I to install SMF at first? And then? How to install and use the converter?

I'm very confused  :(

Advertisement: