News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Fireboard 1.0.x

Started by SleePy, March 17, 2008, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try.

istari1

Hi,

I looked for the answer to this and can't find it. 

How do I convert to SMF from Fireboard if I only have the Fireboard database?  I have been given a full set of Joomla database, including Fireboard data and need to convert it to SMF but since I don't have an installed Joomla I want to know if I can convert using this utility.  Do I need to create a config.php and fill in my some parameters?

Thanks,
Stuart

ThorstenE

Istari1,
that's possible .. you need to change the fireboard_to_smf.sql a little bit, then create an empty folder (for example "fireboard") and create a config.php in this folder ..
check this post please: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228775.msg1758393#msg1758393
If you need help let us know..

istari1

jwied

I noticed at the beginning of this thread someone was reporting that all single and double quotation marks were getting escaped ( ie.  \' and \" ).  Was there a reported fix for this - I browsed the thread and I either missed it or one was never posted?

ahikmahin

Hallo ,,

i am new in SMF... i just installed it in my site....its cool...

i am using fireborad now..but want to convert it into SMF.

i installed SMF 2.0 and my joomla version is 1.5.8 and fireboard version is 1.0.5RC2

i tried to convert but is says - "Unable to find the settings for Fireboard 1.0. Please double check the path and try again. "

actually what patch i should enter??

i inserted =     /home/****/public_html/*****/components/com_fireboard

thankx in advance ....  ;)

*** i need this help very badly...  :-[

ThorstenE

use this for the path:  /home/****/public_html/***** (path to Joomla without /components/com_fireboard)
If this doesn't work for you check this post please:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228775.msg1758393#msg1758393

ahikmahin

Quote from: TE on January 15, 2009, 06:04:06 AM
use this for the path:  /home/****/public_html/***** (path to Joomla without /components/com_fireboard)
If this doesn't work for you check this post please:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228775.msg1758393#msg1758393

Thankx for quick reply..

but i got this -

Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `***_***`.smf_members
    CHANGE passwordSalt passwordSalt VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'passwordSalt' in 'smf_members'

:-[ :-[ :-[ any idea?

ahikmahin

ok now..

i changed the fireboard_smf file and created a php file as your command...

but now getting this -

"" Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Fireboard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user '****'@'localhost' for table 'jos_users' "

but my database pass is correct...

::)

waiting for you bro...

ThorstenE

undo you changes, the old converter should work..

Quote from: ahikmahin on January 15, 2009, 06:54:30 AM
    Unknown column 'passwordSalt' in 'smf_members'
This is an error from your database.. I think you are trying to convert your Fireboard to SMF 2.0B4? Our converters only work with SMF 1.1.x at this time.

ahikmahin

hallo there....

its working cool in SMF 1.7

but only 1 thing - after convert i got this -

" Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Clearing unused tables... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting avatars...
Warning: copy(/home/***/public_html/***/components/com_fireboard/avatars/) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/***.com/forum/convert.php(1094) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: copy(/home/***/public_html/***.com/components/com_fireboard/avatars/) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/***/forum/convert.php(1094) : eval()'d code on line 4
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

so seems like everything cool..only avators didnt converted....

Thankx in advance...

SleePy

That means that the fireboard avatars directory is not default.
If avatars where uploaded to a different directory, you will need to modify the converter to know the location of where the avatars are.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Paperclip

I am running joomla 1.5.8 with fireboard 1.04
When i try to convert to smf 1.1.8 i get the next message:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Fireboard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user '***'@'localhost' for table 'jos_users'

Is there someone who can help me with this problem ?

Joomlapage: hxxp:www.reelbox4all.com [nonactive]
new forum page: hxxp:www.reelbox4all.com/forum [nonactive]

ThorstenE

please check Common conversion errors... the MySQL user from SMF needs access to your Joomla/Fireboard Database.

Paperclip

The problem is that i can't use the same user name for databaseX as i have used for the new smf database:
Error: User **** already exists.

ThorstenE

ok, then there is only one solution: install SMF in the same database as Joomla / Fireboard.
SMF uses it's own table prefix (all SMF tables start with smf_ by default) and doesn't modify / influence your Joomla / Fireboard in any way.

Paperclip

Thanks TE for the only solution there is when you running it on the same server  :(

I gona export the sql from the SMF database and import it to the fireboard database.
I think that that is the most simple way to do. (both using UTF8)
afther importing i make a second user for that database and than only have to change the server setting in SMF
Than run the convertertool .
That must be the solution i think.

ThorstenE

SvenJ

Hello, :)

I tried to convert from FB 1.0.4 to SMF 1.1.8, with use of the edited scripts here.
But now I have the problem, that there is a parsing failure.

I hope someone could help me please.

Greetings, a Fan named Sven :D

Environment:
Joomla 1.5.9, Suse 9, mysql 4.0.15 and php 4.3.3

Update:
Problem solved. :)

stefanrenne2

I am gething a "Unable to find the settings for Fireboard 1.0. Please double check the path and try again."

but I am sure that it is right: /home/admin/domains/xxx.com/public_html/components/com_fireboard

-----

When I am using joomla root as path I get:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Fireboard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

ps I am using fireboard 1.0.5rc

Advertisement: