News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Advice On Posting Something On My Forum...

Started by ~Upnorf Cr3w~, March 17, 2008, 03:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Upnorf Cr3w~

I have a member who has posted up some full lengh movies.

I have seen movies posted on forums before but someone told me on my forum i am not allowed to have them on there. Is this true >?

And if so is there a way round it? And if its not allowed whats the worse that can happen.

Thanks

Chris...

JoshieDaMan

They are allowed to post the full length movies on your OWN forums. You control your own rules, but I am giving you a warning in law way. Some of people rather to ask for copyright permission first before they post the video.

Because if the video is not their copyright, then they must ask whoever made the video for the permission to use it for their own. But otherwise, it is allowed on your own forums. It's all you ruling them.

~Upnorf Cr3w~

Ok cool thanks for the reply.

So i would prob get away with it then ?

Like i said i bet there are many forums that do this.

JoshieDaMan

No. Sometimes you won't be able to get away with it. Because they can look up on your domain whois and find your name and address.

If the video are from youtube, myspace is perfectly permitted to be posted on any of websites. But if a user upload video in YOUR host without asking their permission if they could upload the video on your host would be violating the copyright rules.

For instance. If a user upload a music called "metallica - enter sandman' onto your host without asking their permission, that'd be violated. Just instance. So you have to watch for that, be sure they ask for the permission of the user that made the video for a permission to uploaded onto your host. If they upload the video on different website host, like photobucket. Then it's ok.

Advertisement: