News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF 2 Beta 3p] Can\'t change theme after upgrade

Started by Spaceman-Spiff, March 18, 2008, 11:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman-Spiff

Was using oxygen theme by bloc, successfully converted. However, when selecting new theme in Admin Panel, get this error:

An Error Has Occurred!                                     
At least one theme must be selectable.

Overwriting the template files with default or removing the oxygen folder results in a fatal error: Unable to load the 'main_above' template.

I had to change the value of theme_default and theme_guests in phpMyAdmin to fix it.

SleePy

So this was on the Manage and install page?
You selected this theme to be used by default?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Spaceman-Spiff

Selecting or changing to any theme in Admin -> Themes and Layout gives the first error message.

SleePy

Spaceman-Spiff,

Can you make sure on that page that "Themes that the user is able to select:" area has themes checked?
I can only get that error if I uncheck all the themes.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Spaceman-Spiff

Ah, so that's the cause of the problem.

The theme selection checkbox was missing after the upgrade. Perhaps because the language or something else was missing from the converted theme.

I'll try to upgrade another forum later today. If the same problem appears, I'll update this thread again.

SleePy

Cool, Since this doesn't seem to be a bug in SMF, I will move it over to the english support boards :)

anna.young

i have exactly the same error message:

An Error Has Occurred!                                     
At least one theme must be selectable.

And there is no selection box.

Quote from: Spaceman-SpiffI had to change the value of theme_default and theme_guests in phpMyAdmin to fix it.

I cannot find those values in phpMyAdmin. 

I'm looking in  `smf_themes` which is obviously the wrong place...

Please point me in the right direction

Thank you

Anna

Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

anna.young

OK, I got it working. I went to `smf_members', picked myself and changed my 'id_theme' to 1, and once in default theme in Admin I was able to make all appropriate changes...

Now I'm a very happy person... :)

In my test upgrade I changed the theme to default before an upgrade and had no problems whatsoever...   :-[
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

Advertisement: