spell check on this website

Started by kasamhor, March 18, 2008, 11:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasamhor

When I click on the spell check button on this website, nothing happens.

I do not think it is a SMF2.0Beta 3 issue though as it works on my website, I think it is specific to this website.

SleePy

What browser are you using?
It works fine for me.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

kasamhor

I am using IE6.

I am at work and the computer is pretty much locked down.  A lot a javascript things do not work for example.  Thought it was weird that it worked on my website but not this one though.

Bigguy

checkking....It works for me here in FF....well it pops up but does not check the word. It works fine on my site also.

SleePy

Without javascript spell check can't function, I just tested in IE6 on windows xp and it worked fine.

The reason why one forum may work is in 2.0 there is the javascript has changed a lot on how things work.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

kasamhor

OKay, thanks.

Is the spellcheck code on simplemachines.org different from the released SMF2.0Beta3P then?  As it can not just be a javascript problem as in the main, javascript does work here.  Also, spellcheck works on my test site, but does absolutly nothing on here when I press the 'Spell Check' button.

SleePy

Is that a 2.0 Beta 3 Public forum on your test site?
It might be possible that some other javascript is interfering.
Are you able to enable it so IE will display the error it is getting?

kasamhor

Yes, sorry I should have said.  It is SMF2.0 Beta3Public I am running.

Unfortunatly, no I can not get IE to display the javascript errors it is getting; as I can not get into IE's Internet Options.

SleePy

Well jeez, It will be a pita to debug without known your IE settings or the error.
Are the techs at your work able to tell you the IE settings or allow IE to display errors?
There is no security risk with IE displaying errors on a page.

Bigguy

Today it works fine for me in FF.

kasamhor

SleePy,  I know it wil be pita to debug without me giving you any more information.  I think we will just have to give up on it, it only seems to be effecting me anyway.

I know there is no security risk with IE displaying errors on a page, but unfortunatly there is very little chance of that happening.  They are very much into IT security, and the local techs are not likely to (maybe not able to) change things the off-site techs have set in place.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement: