News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Vietnamese

Started by ookdoo, March 19, 2008, 02:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ookdoo

Do we have Vietnamese board here?

Daniel D.

ookdoo

Why don't we create 1 board for VN.
Is that because VN community is too small ?

Daniel D.

It seems so. We need someone who will moderate it and have experience with SMF.

albertvn

Please visit my forum in Vietnamese with SMF here:
www.xahoionline.com
DIỄN ĐÀN XÃ HỘI TRỰC TUYẾN
     www.xahoionline.com

CHEAP TRAVEL TO VIETNAM
    www.vietnamsunrisetravel.com

saosangmo

I'm using the SMF for 4 years with a board which has 20000 members and 40 000 posts.

Can I become a moderator. In Vietnamese, some people are not good in English.

The first one I want to do is correct Vietnamese language for SMF.
- saosangmo

ookdoo

Hi Saosang.
Nice to meet you.
Hope that I can learn from you in SMF field. This is new for me.
What is the address of the forum you mentioned earlier?

Regards

saosangmo

Nice to meet you!
Sorry, it is a private forum. The public one you can see it is in my signature.

www.diendant3.com

hey ! Yoo people!
my name is hoàng tư đông ,ftom in vietnamese,  hxxp:www.diendant3.com [nonactive]
welcome

target_locked

Chào các anh em người Việt, mình đang dùng SMF 1.1.4 cũng khá lâu rồi.

Lâu lâu mới quay lại đây thì thấy SMF đã lên 1.1.5 và 2.0 beta public. Bản 2.0 beta thì chưa được Việt hóa thì phải ?
Xin hỏi:
bây giờ có nên nâng cấp lên 2.0 hay 1.1.5 ? Nó có tính năng gì mới so với 1.1.4 vậy?
Và cần làm những gì để nâng cấp?
Thanks.
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8
¡uʍop ǝpısdn ɹoʇıuoɯ ʎɯ pǝuɹnʇ oɥʍ ¡ʎǝɥ

saosangmo

Có tính năng mới hay nhất là trình soạn thảo rich text format

target_locked

Quote from: saosangmo on June 19, 2008, 10:26:16 PM
Có tính năng mới hay nhất là trình soạn thảo rich text format

Bạn dùng SMF ver bao nhiêu cho hTy vậy?
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8

saosangmo

Mình dùng SMF 1.1.5

target_locked

Quote from: saosangmo on June 20, 2008, 01:47:38 AM
Mình dùng SMF 1.1.5

Còn mình đang dùng 1.1.4, định lên luôn 2.0 beta mà không biết có gì hay không, sợ gặp trục trặc, hic.
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8

DUNG

Need help.
I just installed SMF as a forum, however, when people tried to post messages by vietname language, but the message displayed incorrectly(ex: typed as "khắp nơi" and it displays as "kh?p n?i". . Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Do I have to setup something in Admin area.  I saw website www.xahoionline.com  and hxxp:www.diendant3.com [nonactive] display the Vietnam language correctly.  Can the admins of both sites help me out to solve this issue.  Thanks so much. 

target_locked

Quote from: DUNG on June 24, 2008, 02:54:01 AM
Need help.
I just installed SMF as a forum, however, when people tried to post messages by vietname language, but the message displayed incorrectly(ex: typed as "khắp nơi" and it displays as "kh?p n?i". . Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Do I have to setup something in Admin area.  I saw website www.xahoionline.com  and www.diendant3.com display the Vietnam language correctly.  Can the admins of both sites help me out to solve this issue.  Thanks so much. 
Hi Dung,

In MySQL, you have to create a DB with these options:
MySQL connection collation: UFT8_Unicode_ci
Collation: UFT8_Unicode_ci

Then, when you first install SMF forum, you should choose "UTF8 support"
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8

DUNG

Quote from: target_locked on June 24, 2008, 04:31:39 AM
Quote from: DUNG on June 24, 2008, 02:54:01 AM
Need help.
I just installed SMF as a forum, however, when people tried to post messages by vietname language, but the message displayed incorrectly(ex: typed as "khắp nơi" and it displays as "kh?p n?i". . Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Do I have to setup something in Admin area.  I saw website www.xahoionline.com  and hxxp:www.diendant3.com [nonactive] display the Vietnam language correctly.  Can the admins of both sites help me out to solve this issue.  Thanks so much. 
Hi Dung,

In MySQL, you have to create a DB with these options:
MySQL connection collation: UFT8_Unicode_ci
Collation: UFT8_Unicode_ci

Then, when you first install SMF forum, you should choose "UTF8 support"

Thank you so much, anh Target_locked. I have followed your instuction, but when I created a DB in MySQL  (in Cpanel), I don't see all these above options.  I don't know whether I went to the right place to create or not. It would be nice nếu anh Target_locked chỉ mình more detail hơn.  Lần nữa, cảm ơn anh Target_locked nhiều.  Rất mong reply của anh.

target_locked

Quote from: DUNG on June 24, 2008, 12:06:19 PM
Thank you so much, anh Target_locked. I have followed your instuction, but when I created a DB in MySQL  (in Cpanel), I don't see all these above options.  I don't know whether I went to the right place to create or not. It would be nice nếu anh Target_locked chỉ mình more detail hơn.  Lần nữa, cảm ơn anh Target_locked nhiều.  Rất mong reply của anh.

Im not sure how MySQL Cpanel looks like, but to be easier you should use phpMyadmin to do the job. The interface is nearly same as any hosting Cpanel.
Did you try the XAMPP? It 's a package that contain Apache, MySQL with phpMyAdmin... and very very easy to use.
Download it here:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8

DUNG

Hi Target_locked
Thanks so much for your showing. I have checked in the phpMyadmin, and I saw all these options. I just did follow your instruction. However,  it didn't wok properly. I didn't know why when I first install SMF from Cpanel, I didn't see the option "UTF8 support".  Do you think that is a reason which causes a problem.  Again, your help would be appreciated.

target_locked

Quote from: DUNG on June 25, 2008, 12:31:46 PM
Hi Target_locked
Thanks so much for your showing. I have checked in the phpMyadmin, and I saw all these options. I just did follow your instruction. However,  it didn't wok properly. I didn't know why when I first install SMF from Cpanel, I didn't see the option "UTF8 support".  Do you think that is a reason which causes a problem.  Again, your help would be appreciated.

Dung,
The exact string is: "Use UTF-8 as default character set"
Did you use "install.php" to install SMF?

To be quicker, you can PM me and I can assist you via Yahoo Messenger.
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8

DUNG

Hi Target_locked,
Thanks so much for your help. Oh, the exact string kinds like: "Use sweden_UTF-8" (im not remever exactly, but it is not use UTF-8 as default character set")  as default character set" , and then I changed  the all sweden_UTF-8 to UFT8_Unicode_ci for both "MySQL connection collation: UFT8_Unicode_ci  and Collation: UFT8_Unicode_ci" . However, I didn't find a luck on it. I didn't use "install.php" to install SMF because from the Cpanel, I installed the SMF directly as an inital SMF.  Any idea to solve this issue. 

target_locked

@ Dung,
Check your PM. We should discuss more details by YM. :D
SMF 1.1.4 now 1.1.8

DUNG

Hi target_locked,
I just PM you. Hope you get this mssegs, aso you may help me to solve this issue via YM. Thanks

Advertisement: