A more advanced Registration Process?

Started by Boobam, March 19, 2008, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boobam

I am new to SMF but have found it to be an excellent Community Board System for our forums.

The problem I have is that the "registration" process appears to be missing, does not exist, or I cannot see it (due to blind ignorance)  :o

Typically, most forums (e.g. gamingforums, etc.) have a heading that references signing in, forget your password button, and the a reference "if not a member, register here."

Typically it is a button (or link) that when executed the person is taken to a registration page that asks basic questions, gives terms of use, etc. and then when completed, the person receives an email with a link to validate the indeed he/she is the acount holder and then allows/grants access.

In SMF it appears that a person has to manuallu ask for access, and then would receive a notice of the user name and password for them to use.

Question: Is there a more formal registration process similiar to the one described, and if so, where is it, or how can I integrate it into my forums community?

We are looking for a typical registration process that asks all the typical questions, etc. and potentially ic capable of notifying the applicant of the approval as other boards do via a link validation. We would just be happy if we could make the questionarre form for registration a reality  :)

Help/resolution to this problem would be very much appreciated  :)

Regards,

Boobam

Oldiesmann

You can change all the registration options from Admin -> Registration -> Settings (in 2.0, "Registration" can be found under "Members" in the admin menus).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: