Old or Outdated Files

Started by kreativekarma, March 19, 2008, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanEm

Brettflan you are right: in spite of the small token SMF in front of the version string in index.ph, upgrade php only needs:

define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 Beta 3.1 Public');

i.e. without the SMF token!
The older, the wiser they say. But I doubt it!

THE BRA1N

I cant believe this hasnt been fixed yet. I uploaded all the files 3 times before coming across this thread.

Kirys

I have
Quotehe upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.
too
I've tried both the small and large upgrade but still have that mex what can it be?

Furry

Have you tried modifying the upgrade.php file with the updated version, as mentioned above?

Kirys

Ops I didn't understood that that was the fix for the problem :P
Thank you
Cya

debragrant

I have:

define('SMF_VERSION', '1.1.4');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '1.1.2'
);

what do I need to add/change?

Trying to upgrade to 1.1.5 downloaded 'upgrade' zip 2 times and have uploaded files about 3 times so far.

Brettflan

Quote from: debragrant on May 07, 2008, 06:22:56 AM
I have:

define('SMF_VERSION', '1.1.4');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '1.1.2');

what do I need to add/change?

Trying to upgrade to 1.1.5 downloaded 'upgrade' zip 2 times and have uploaded files about 3 times so far.

Hmm, just checked the 1.1.5 "large upgrade" package to confirm it and it does seem to have the same problem as the 2.0b3.1 "large upgrade" package which we were talking about.

For your case, just change the "1.1.4" in upgrade.php  to "1.1.5", like so:
define('SMF_VERSION', '1.1.5');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '1.1.2');

That should do it, though I haven't tested it.

EDIT:
It does seem odd that they haven't fixed these tiny but show-stopping bugs in the "large upgrade" package downloads yet.

debragrant

now looks like its a language thing :(  and no option to skip

EDIT just removed upgrade.php and everything is fine

andreseso

I upgraded from 1.0.8 to 1.0.13 and I had a hell of a time upgrading to 1.1.5  I kept getting the message about outdated language files.  Finally I uploaded a fresh 1.1.5 install and copied over the upgrade files and Settings.php from the old install directory.  I kept getting the error.  I checked Settings.php and I saw my default language was set to spanish.  I edited it so it would be english and finally I was capable of upgrading.

This error message is very misleading and it should be changed.  I had no old or outdated language files.  I did in fact not have any of the language files for the default language I had set up in Settings.php which was not the error message

Thanks,
Andres

alkisg

I had to change
define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 Beta 3 Public');
to
define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 Beta 3.1 Public');
in upgrade.php to overcome this error.

cleoni

Hello,
me too I have upgraded from version 1.1.4 to 1.1.6 by using the "large package" and I have been stopped by this problem.

I have seen that the "large package" does not include all the language files and that all language packs are available as separate uploads. Since my install of 1.1.4 contained all languages, I have given up and I am currently trying to fix it like this:

- rename Themes as "ThemeZ"
- re-upload of the updated "Themes"
- (to be done later) fix the theme i was using with language packs

I think that in order to prevent this problem either you publish a "big pack" which includes all language packs, or you publish a single "all language packs" file.

...perhaps it's already there and I have not seen it...?

baijianpeng

I also had met this same problem before.  Why the SMF team did not just add some explanation in the upgrade.php file to remind the user edit the version number to skip this error message?

I don't think the language file version will influence the function of whole SMF. Because almost all language files have no updates between versions.

It is a shame that each time a new update released, people ask the same problem about this issue.

Where is the core team ? Why not solve this problem for ever ?
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

jrstark

I'm getting this error in the large package for 1.1.7, not using any languages (default is english in settings.php).

What do I need to change?

esttecb

Okay, to "solve" this issue.

Open (please, use some advanced text editor like dreamweaver or Notepad++) : upgrade.php

Search and destroy (just kidding, remove) :

// Check for some key files - one template, one language, and a new and an old source file.
$check = @file_exists($boarddir . '/Themes/default/index.template.php')
&& @file_exists($sourcedir . '/QueryString.php')
&& @file_exists($sourcedir . '/ManageBoards.php')
&& @file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/upgrade_1-1.sql')
&& @file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/upgrade_1-0.sql');
if (!$check && !isset($modSettings['smfVersion']))
{
// Don't tell them what files exactly because it's a spot check - just like teachers don't tell which problems they are spot checking, that's dumb.
echo '
<div class="error_message">
The upgrader was unable to find some crucial files.<br />
<br />
Please make sure you uploaded all of the files included in the package, including the Themes, Sources, and other directories.<br />
<br />
<a href="', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], '">Click here to try again.</a>
</div>';

return false;
}

// Do a quick version spot check.
$temp = substr(@implode('', @file($boarddir . '/index.php')), 0, 4096);
preg_match('~\*\s*Software\s+Version:\s+SMF\s+(.+?)[\s]{2}~i', $temp, $match);
if (empty($match[1]) || $match[1] != SMF_VERSION)
{
echo '
The upgrader found some old or outdated files.<br />
<br />
Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.<br />
<br />
<a href="', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], '?step=0">Click here to try again.</a>
</div>';

return false;
}

Save changes, upload the new version.

Try updating again. ;D

If u don't updated your index.php file (coz for some reason u didn't needed and u have some mod or something.).
Download your index.php file.

search for: $forum_version =

u'll see something like "$forum_version = 'SMF 1.1.x';" (where ''1.1.x'' is your actual smf version), just remplace the 1.1.x by the newest smf version.

Save changes, all done. Now, u just need to upload the index.php file.

[Google tag: The upgrader found some old or outdated files.]

YYO

Quote from: esttecb on January 24, 2009, 07:11:37 AM
Okay, to "solve" this issue.

Open (please, use some advanced text editor like dreamweaver or Notepad++) : upgrade.php

Search and destroy (just kidding, remove) :

// Check for some key files - one template, one language, and a new and an old source file.
$check = @file_exists($boarddir . '/Themes/default/index.template.php')
&& @file_exists($sourcedir . '/QueryString.php')
&& @file_exists($sourcedir . '/ManageBoards.php')
&& @file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/upgrade_1-1.sql')
&& @file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/upgrade_1-0.sql');
if (!$check && !isset($modSettings['smfVersion']))
{
// Don't tell them what files exactly because it's a spot check - just like teachers don't tell which problems they are spot checking, that's dumb.
echo '
The upgrader was unable to find some crucial files.<br />
<br />
Please make sure you uploaded all of the files included in the package, including the Themes, Sources, and other directories.<br />
<br />
<a href="', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], '">Click here to try again.</a>
</div>';

return false;
}

// Do a quick version spot check.
$temp = substr(@implode('', @file($boarddir . '/index.php')), 0, 4096);
preg_match('~\*\s*Software\s+Version:\s+SMF\s+(.+?)[\s]{2}~i', $temp, $match);
if (empty($match[1]) || $match[1] != SMF_VERSION)
{
echo '
The upgrader found some old or outdated files.<br />
<br />
Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.<br />
<br />
<a href="', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], '?step=0">Click here to try again.</a>
</div>';

return false;
}

Save changes, upload the new version.

Try updating again. ;D

If u don't updated your index.php file (coz for some reason u didn't needed and u have some mod or something.).
Download your index.php file.

search for: $forum_version =

u'll see something like "$forum_version = 'SMF 1.1.x';" (where ''1.1.x'' is your actual smf version), just remplace the 1.1.x by the newest smf version.

Save changes, all done. Now, u just need to upload the index.php file.

[Google tag: The upgrader found some old or outdated files.]

Hi!

This is the final solution??? Because I did it without any result... I keep the same message:

QuoteThe upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Click here to try again.

I need help urgently, because a lot of users use my forum and now it's quite died...

My old version was 1.0.5 and now it is a 1.1.8 (almost...)

Thank you very much!!

adean

I am getting the same message as the others.

Upgrading to 1.1.9 from 1.1.8

I tried first to update to 1.1.9 but the was getting the message about old and outdated files.  Then tried to upgrade.  Still got the message:

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Click here to try again.

I uploaded individual files and folders again.

Following the advice offered above, I reviewed the index.php and upgrade.php files and found the following:

index.php
$forum_version = 'SMF 1.1.9';

upgrade.php
// Version information...
define('SMF_VERSION', '1.1.9');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '1.1.5');

I don't know where to go at this point.
Any suggestions?

adean

I found this solution to my problem.

Quote from: ziycon on May 21, 2009, 11:23:59 AM
I was getting the error with the 1.1.9 language files so i uploaded the 1.1.9 upgrade files but replaced the language files with the files from 1.1.8 and then ran the upgrade, then when the upgrade had finished i uploaded the 1.1.9 language files.

GoinNutz

Quote from: adean on May 21, 2009, 01:17:58 PM
I found this solution to my problem.

Quote from: ziycon on May 21, 2009, 11:23:59 AM
I was getting the error with the 1.1.9 language files so i uploaded the 1.1.9 upgrade files but replaced the language files with the files from 1.1.8 and then ran the upgrade, then when the upgrade had finished i uploaded the 1.1.9 language files.

Thank you! That did the trick for me!

(but then of course I ran into this issue - http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079.0 - and had to use "method two" and edit the 1_1-1.sql file, which doesn't make sense because my server is running mySQL 5.0.77)

Advertisement: