News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0 disappointed

Started by Methen, March 19, 2008, 08:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methen

I was really hoping they would add a upload  feature to the custom profile fields :(
Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!

CraftyLion

You need to enable the Advanced Profile Fields in the Core Features menu.

shadow82x

Quote from: Methen on March 19, 2008, 08:59:11 PM
I was really hoping they would add a upload  feature to the custom profile fields :(
upload feature? What would that be for?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

kreativekarma

I for one would like an extra upload for an extra avatar/blinkie/banner that could go under the first avatar... right now I have one hacked in that only I can add to for my members.

Methen

Quote from: kimba on March 19, 2008, 09:01:59 PM
You need to enable the Advanced Profile Fields in the Core Features menu.
I already done that I have been trying get someone to make a mod  for several months both on this and phpbb but no body wants to do so and I can not get my forum up and running with out it  :(

SleePy

Quote from: Methen on March 19, 2008, 11:21:53 PM
I already done that I have been trying get someone to make a mod  for several months both on this and phpbb but no body wants to do so and I can not get my forum up and running with out it  :(

There was a mod at one time to added a second avatar. But it appears the mod author has removed their modification..

The closest thing is this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=943
It is for 1.1.x though.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Methen

No that is not what I want to use it for, I need it to be in the custom profiles section so that I can add upload options in the register section so that i can require people when registering to upload copies of there scanned id.

Assistance

Quote from: Methen on March 20, 2008, 10:26:38 PM
i can require people when registering to upload copies of there scanned id.

good idea
~playing poker~

Methen

I think it is also, But what people cannot seem to understand  is that this will help create  far more stronger  and reliable communities and far more secure forums! Communities today are going so far down hill its ridiculous!
you have no ideal who you are talking to  anymore on the internet, I feel that i  should have just as much right to know who is coming on my site as anyone here would feel if someone walked into there own homes!

also if somebody does not want to  provide the info required  then that should tell you right there that there not very serious about the community in the first place.

Eliana Tamerin

Why don't you post a mod request for this, or post in the Help Wanted section? This isn't the place for a debate on whether or not this would be a beneficial mod.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Rumbaar

Yes, it's currently not a feature of SMF 2.0 and like Eliana Tamerin said your best bet is to make a request or code it yourself.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: