News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Anti Bot: Captcha Clock

Started by vbgamer45, March 20, 2008, 06:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.LORD.

A new version have been released.

+ Have been added an error message that notified that the page has expired.
+ Now the register page isn't cacheable. It improves the security and avoids "Send" & "Go Back" -> "Trial and Error". More details here
+ Some images have been improved

Quote from: yosemite on May 25, 2009, 12:00:30 PM
hi

can you tell me where to configure this mod for registration? it shows installed under packages but there is no option at registration>settings

Are you using the last Version?

tim arnot

Hi, I'm having trouble getting this mod to work.

The package appears to install okay, but when I try to register, I see the 'What time is it?' question and the text box and the link for 'how to tell the time', but there is no clock image. If I put in a random time it tells me I've failed the test, so it seems like the code is working; I just don't get the clock images.

The instructions say 'A manual edit is REQUIRED for ALL themes (other than SMF Core Default)', but it doesn't say what to change (I'm new to all this). The listed changes in the manual instructions (Register.Template.php, Register.php etc) all appear to have been made, and the files/image folder are present. I'm just using the default Babylon, Classic and Default themes. It doesn't seem to matter which theme is set as default. Forum version is 1.1.10
PHP version: 5.2.9
MySQL version: 5.1.30
Server version: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
GD version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

Edit: Further, if I view the Register page (with no clock image) and then go back and do a normal login, instead of the main forum index, I see the clock in the top left of the window. A refresh (F5) then brings up the main forum display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)
Thanks.

Tiribulus

Copy the /srv/www/htdocs/Themes/default/images/clocks folder to the images folder for your theme.

cosp

I have the following version:

php5-cli=5.2.10
php5-gd=5.2.10
smf=1.1.10
mod=2.2

Clock image doesn't show up and when i try to open the clock image in a new tab i get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagerotate() in /var/www/smf/Sources/ABClock.php on line 56

Dharshan

will look into this mod....looks cool
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Vyache

Just wondering if there will be an update for SMF 2.0 RC2 ?

The only slite difference is "// Age restriction in effect?" that line with "// Age restriction in effect?"

AjaxChat - SMF 2.0 RC2 Edition Download.
mrtrc266 ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

Toddo

Thank you~!!!!!!  ;D

This mod allowed my site to go from averaging a dozen spam memberships a day to zero the minute it was installed. We have had one spam registration in 2 months and that was a human and we got him quickly.

This mod ROCKS!!!!!!!! Thank you again.

SimpleJoe

Very nice mod, have tried other mods but the bots somehow slipped in. This one finally did the trick. I'm guessing the spammers spend all their time getting bots to read letters and haven't thought of getting them to read an analog clock. great job!
Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

ripystys

A desperately required and awesome mod!
Thank you so much!

Translation to German (standard + utf8):

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.german.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Anti Bot: Captcha Clock
$txt['abclock'] = 'Welche Zeit wird auf der Uhr angezeigt?';
$txt['abclock_desc'] = 'Eine weitere Anti-Bot-Maßnahme';
$txt['abclock_format1'] = 'Bitte die Zeit im Format 00:00 eingeben,';
$txt['abclock_format2'] = 'auf 5 Minuten gerundet; z.B. 04:25';
$txt['abclock_expired'] = 'Zeit für die Registrierung ist abgelaufen, hier nochmals aufrufen: <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register;">registration page</a>.';
$txt['abclock_incomplete'] = 'Du hast vergessen, die Uhrzeit auf dem Zifferblatt einzugeben. Bitte nochmals versuchen.';
$txt['abclock_incorrect'] = 'Du hast die Uhrzeit auf dem Zifferblatt falsch eingegeben. Bitte nochmals versuchen.';
$txt['abclock_howtoreadaclock'] = 'So liest man die Uhrzeit ab';

$txt['abclock_s'] = 'MOD Captcha Clock einschalten';
$txt['abclock_n'] = 'Anzahl der Störlinien';
$txt['abclock_n_d'] = 'Gleiche Anzahl Linien intern und extern';
$txt['abclock_r'] = 'Zifferblatt drehen lassen?';
$txt['abclock_degrees'] = 'Drehbereich Zifferblatt. 0 für nicht drehen';
$txt['abclock_e'] = 'Zusätzliche Effekte (nur für PHP5)';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.german-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Anti Bot: Captcha Clock
$txt['abclock'] = 'Welche Zeit wird auf der Uhr angezeigt?';
$txt['abclock_desc'] = 'Eine weitere Anti-Bot-Maßnahme';
$txt['abclock_format1'] = 'Bitte die Zeit im Format 00:00 eingeben,';
$txt['abclock_format2'] = 'auf 5 Minuten gerundet; z.B. 04:25';
$txt['abclock_expired'] = 'Zeit für die Registrierung ist abgelaufen, hier nochmals aufrufen: <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register;">registration page</a>.';
$txt['abclock_incomplete'] = 'Du hast vergessen, die Uhrzeit auf dem Zifferblatt einzugeben. Bitte nochmals versuchen.';
$txt['abclock_incorrect'] = 'Du hast die Uhrzeit auf dem Zifferblatt falsch eingegeben. Bitte nochmals versuchen.';
$txt['abclock_howtoreadaclock'] = 'So liest man die Uhrzeit ab';

$txt['abclock_s'] = 'MOD Captcha Clock einschalten';
$txt['abclock_n'] = 'Anzahl der Störlinien';
$txt['abclock_n_d'] = 'Gleiche Anzahl Linien intern und extern';
$txt['abclock_r'] = 'Zifferblatt drehen lassen?';
$txt['abclock_degrees'] = 'Drehbereich Zifferblatt. 0 für nicht drehen';
$txt['abclock_e'] = 'Zusätzliche Effekte (nur für PHP5)';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Hinterher habens alle schon vorher gewusst.
Hindsight is always twenty-twenty.
(Billy Wilder)

npeelman

Ok, so i've got this partially working in SMF 1.1.12 with:

Forum version: SMF 1.1.12
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.12
PHP version: 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.12
MySQL version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.8
Server version: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.12 with Suhosin-Patch
GD version: 2.0 or higher
Alternative PHP Cache: 3.0.19

Upon installation i've found I don't have the GD imagerotate function, so I added some logic to use the Imagick extension instead. It's not perfect but it does display a clock that even a bot would have trouble with (face/base rotation at the end of ABClock.php is buggered). What's really needed is to use Imagick to draw the clock from scratch (no pre-made images, maybe if I get time).

Problem i'm having now is that the MD5 of the $session['field'] doesn't match (but the ereg does) so I had to disable it (the MD5 that is). So it functions for now I think. ereg will be depricated/removed soon so a rewrite may be in order.

Wondering about the effectiveness of this mod. Anyone?

npeelman
www.easyavatar.com [nofollow]

ripystys

Hello all,

the Captcha Clock v2.2 works excellent in SMF1.12, but new registrants informed me about a strange behaviour: the clock itself appears after several refrehes only; this is tested with Firefox and Opera (MSIE has a house ban - I don't mess around with nagware).

Any idea what could cause this issue?

Regards,
ripystys
Hinterher habens alle schon vorher gewusst.
Hindsight is always twenty-twenty.
(Billy Wilder)

Jhon

Hi,

Installation went OK, clock and forms shows up - but not text ("What is the time on the Clock?", etc), even with the Modifications.xxx [nofollow] files up. I'm guessing it's coming from my language pack (french utf8), but I don't see how to correct it. Is there a way to know what Modifications.xxx [nofollow] file is my SMF using, so I can replace it with the new one without having to try every file ?

Ripystys, I'm with FF and clock always shows up, sometimes just a bit slowly. Do your registrants wait a sec' before refreshing ?

mrcj

Quote from: tim arnot on September 24, 2009, 07:11:00 PM
Hi, I'm having trouble getting this mod to work.

The package appears to install okay, but when I try to register, I see the 'What time is it?' question and the text box and the link for 'how to tell the time', but there is no clock image. If I put in a random time it tells me I've failed the test, so it seems like the code is working; I just don't get the clock images.

I'm having the same problem. My Support and Credits page reads:
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.14
PHP version: 5.2.9
MySQL version: 5.0.92-community
Server version: Apache
GD version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

This would all appear to be compatible. I use only one theme, the default (classic) theme. I have gone through every file listed in the File Edits instructions and confirmed that they all contain the edits. I have placed the clocks directory in the Themes/default/images directory. I even gave the clocks directory and its contents 777 permissions with CHMOD. Everything works (including disabling the Clock Captcha in the Admin screen) except the box that should contain the clock image contains only a broken "X" icon and the ALT text.

I would really like to get this functionality working. Any other suggestions out there?

------------------------------------------------
On second thought, fuggedaboutit. I came up with my own solution. See http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=451750.0

therise

When someone try to register, i have an error. Here the error log:

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 175.141.170.229 
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 01:08:02 pm
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session f345182386de6a9f5d2dbbbad811e44a
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
my-url/forum/index.php?action=register2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8192: Function ereg() is deprecated
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/xampp/htdocs/forum/Sources/Register.php
Line: 301

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 175.141.170.229 
     Reverse chronological order of list Today at 01:08:02 pm
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session f345182386de6a9f5d2dbbbad811e44a
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
my-url/forum/index.php?action=register2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8192: Function ereg() is deprecated
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: C:/xampp/htdocs/forum/Sources/Register.php
Line: 297

UndiFineD

I have installed version 2.2 according to the manual,
but I cannot find it on the administration / verification page
Am I missing something ?

Gandalf.pt

Hello there. I really enjoyed using your mod in SMF 1.1.x. Since I got it, bots never had a chance again (and they used to be around a dozen a day). I couldn't get it to work in SMF 2.0.x, though, even doing it manually. Are you planning on updating it?

Thanks in advance,

phoedran

I don't know if it's just me having this problem but... I've been trying to register at a site that has the anti-bot clock (not sure which) and there are constantly new members so I guess it's just me. When I go to the register page the clock is always at 12:00 no matter how long I wait or how many times I refresh and it won't accept 12:00 as the answer. I've tried on 3 different computers using IE and Firefox. Any suggestions?

karlbenson

phoedran

AragonEi

guys i have a problem too with the clock

i try to register on a website and the image with the clock is EMPTY,and just tryed it on many pc with crome,ie,firefox and nothing

i need help on how to complete it.i tryed 00:00 and didn't work

Advertisement: