News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

where's the manual?

Started by shentino, March 21, 2008, 05:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shentino

I just tried looking for the documentation on using the new features but I can't seem to find it...

codenaught

The 2.0 documentation is not quite ready yet. Seeing as it is still just in beta I did not find it absolutely crucial for it to be ready as our official stance still is recommending people not to use SMF 2.0 at this point.

We will be adding a "2.0 Welcome Center" that introduces some of the new features of 2.0 shortly. That will be our primary focus.

The documents on the Online Manual will roll in the information for 2.0 within the next few weeks. There has been a lot of progress made in getting them updated, except the updated docs are currently not public, I want to release all of updated documents at the same time.

Until then don't hesitate to ask in the Administration and Functionality board how something works. Sorry for the inconvenience but I really did not want to rush this just to get it out on time for the public beta release of 2.0, only to have it with sub par content. 
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Advertisement: