News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by FMSUser, March 22, 2008, 06:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMSUser

Hi,

How do you get this to work?? I've enabled the option, but other than that, I don't see any new options anywhere...

Best regards,
FMSUser.

FMSUser

Hi,

Got it figured out!

Best regards,
FMSUser.

Rock On

well i didn't...

could someone post a link or something on this?

noob with all of this and was thinking it would give peeps a button to click to pay??

sorry if you may think this is dumb, we all had to start somewhere..LOL

i also setup a new sub with all the fixins.. but don't see it any where else except settings..
Cheers,

Rock On

JayBachatero

First thing.  Did you set a currency?  Also did you setup the paypal settings?  The email and then adding the link to subscriptions.php in paypal?

When you added the subscription did you enable it?

Lastly, did you check if there is a link to subscriptions in the profile page?  It's in the actions section of the profile navigation.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Rock On

Lastly, did you check if there is a link to subscriptions in the profile page?  It's in the actions section of the profile navigation.

this is what i missed.. ty so much..

user goes to profile and they sub. from there.. gtg

Happy Easter,

Rock On
Cheers,

Rock On

rsw686

Quote from: busterw on March 24, 2008, 12:28:24 PM
I can't seem to get this to install. When I tell it to apply the mod

SMF 2.0 has the paid subscriptions built-in. You shouldn't be trying to install the mod on it. If you are using SMF 1.x you should post this question in the correct forum.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

busterw

Ooops, sorry about that. I just did a search for paid subscriptions and this thread came up. Didn't even notice it was in a 2.0 forum.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Buster

LRD Exhaust | Dynatek FS CDI | Dobeck Gen III | EHS Racing Lid | Clutch Weight Mod | Uni Filter | 5" Black Rox Risers| Solex Brs | Rox Handguards | Yamaha Skids | 2R Hitch | ITP Type 7 Wheels | 26" Mudlite XTRs | Extreme White PIAA Bulbs | PIAA 510 Lights | OURY Grips

vdubbia

Quote from: FMSUser on March 22, 2008, 09:49:14 PM
Hi,

Got it figured out!

Best regards,
FMSUser.

a little SMF courtesy... when you solve something on your own, explain how you did it so others can learn from you instead of saying 'I got it!'.  Just a tip.

CraftyLion

The Subscription feature is a great idea but I have a question. Is it only compatible with the Paypal system? If it is, how would I go about setting up other payment methods?

haxor1980

I have afollowed everything as mentioned here.
Set up paypal and added link to subscription.php
I can see the Paid subscription in action section of user profile.

But how doa  user will get this paid subscription?
I actually want that when a user will sign in he will have the option to register as a normal user or a paid user. Can that be achieved? If not thn this feature is useless.

JayBachatero

Quote from: kimba on August 11, 2008, 01:47:36 AM
The Subscription feature is a great idea but I have a question. Is it only compatible with the Paypal system? If it is, how would I go about setting up other payment methods?
What payment method are you looking to add.  I posted the files for 2checkout and Authorize.net somewhere around here.

Quote from: haxor1980 on August 11, 2008, 07:42:41 AM
I have afollowed everything as mentioned here.
Set up paypal and added link to subscription.php
I can see the Paid subscription in action section of user profile.

But how doa  user will get this paid subscription?
I actually want that when a user will sign in he will have the option to register as a normal user or a paid user. Can that be achieved? If not thn this feature is useless.
You get the subscription form your profile.  With some modification you can add the option to get them to select a subscription in the profile but I would recommend redirecting them to that section of the profile instead and having them pick the subscription from there.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: