New board creation and groups

Started by WebPhenom, January 01, 2005, 09:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebPhenom

I created a new board and wanted only modeators to have access but moderatars are not listed as a group I can add. How come?

Tristan Perry

Moderators aren't seen as a member-group really, generally because their 'power' only extends to the board their a moderator in, because of this, moderator isn't a group.

What I do is put all moderators into a regular group called 'Board Moderator' and then give that group access to the 'Mods Only Board.' This is the easiest way to do this.

CapriSkye

you'll have to go to manage board interface to add moderator for a particular board

WebPhenom

Quote from: Tau Online on January 01, 2005, 10:09:26 AM
Moderators aren't seen as a member-group really, generally because their 'power' only extends to the board their a moderator in, because of this, moderator isn't a group.

What I do is put all moderators into a regular group called 'Board Moderator' and then give that group access to the 'Mods Only Board.' This is the easiest way to do this.

OK thanks. If I place them into a their own group - is there a way to hide that new group title from appearing when they post messages there?

[Unknown]

Additional groups are not shown to anyone, and can asily be used just for permissions.

-[Unknown]

WebPhenom

OK but if I made a group called "Board Mods" and then when a user who is in that group posts a message to a board that they have access to, doesnt it show that group under their name when they post? Just wondering if that can be hidden?

Amacythe

As [Unknown] said, set the member's profile to Board Mod as  Additional membergroup and it won't show.

Advertisement: