News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Profile Fields

Started by fwitt, March 23, 2008, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwitt

if you used [Unknowns] tutorials to create custom profile fields do these get updated with the forum or do you lose all the existing data in these fields. I havent actually tried yet too busy looking round atm.

Panzer-

I would assume they stick around, not sure. You can always "remod" your new forum if they don'.

fwitt

was gonna play around with the test sites first to see what happens anyway

only really posted to see if someone else had already done the legwork, constructive lazyness is the way :)

adicrst

one thing i realized is that, unlike the Custom Profile Mod for the 1.x smf, the default custom profile for 2.0 beta 3 smf doesn't allow you to structure the fields as you like. You can't insert a line before or after them

Panzer-

Quoteone thing i realized is that, unlike the Custom Profile Mod for the 1.x smf, the default custom profile for 2.0 beta 3 smf doesn't allow you to structure the fields as you like. You can't insert a line before or after them

Can you use HTML with them? I assume you can add an extra couple of <br />

Rumbaar

If you create custom fields then the data will not be lost in updates fwitt, unless it totally truncates tables which I doubt would happen in any upgrade process.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: