vBulletin Style Meta Tags

Started by rsw686, March 23, 2008, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjraines

Quote from: SONSiVRi on April 28, 2009, 03:40:32 AM
Quote from: webrookie on April 27, 2009, 01:44:24 PM
SONSiVRi,
Thanks a ton. I finally got it and have done the mod.
Just one question- where do I put 'my keywords' so that they can appear with the other keywords generated.
Its a great mod and promises a lot for me.
Admin => Basic Features => Meta Description &  Meta Keywords

Is the 1.1.8 version working properly? Is it dynamically picking keywords and descriptions?

webrookie

Yes it is picking up dynamically the keywords and descriptions.
You can always see the page source from the view menu in your web browser to check the keywords and descriptions for a page.

andy40

hi need help please i installed this mod just but for some reason it put 2 on so i thought i would take them off and try again but somethings gone wrong i get this message beloe when i try to view stuff on the board

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/demo/public_html/mydomain/forum/Sources/MetaTags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/demo/public_html/mydomain/forum/Sources/Display.php on line 254

and when i try toinstall the mod again i get this below

5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

andy40

hi take no notice of my last message i just download smf_1-1-8_install from here made a backup of the files below then replaced the 2 files from  smf_1-1-8_install  then installed this mod again then deleted the 2 new files i uploaded and its all working again now hope that makes sense lol

5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php

Astra_200

Ok heres where I'm at.

I am using 2.0 RC1. SimplePortal 2.1.1 and Extreme 6 theme.

SONSiVRi you where very helpful before and I hope you, or another member, can help further.

I did a part automatic and part manual install and the mod appears to be loaded fine in browse packages.

A couple of problems though.

1.The mod picks up meta keywords but only ones I enter in Admin / Configuration / Features and Options / Layout /  Meta keywords associated with forum and shows them twice (duplicated) in view source. If I remove my keywords from the admin area then the default ones appear just once. Re insert my own and they appear twice again. I thought this mod applied its own kewords according to page?

2.The mod only changes description on the forum pages, which is great but my other pages, Gallery, Home, etc do not show any meta description at all.

I have added some code supplied by another member here that at least shows the page title for each page which is a lot better than nothing at all.

This is what I have in both my default theme and my custom theme in index template.php

<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title'], ' - ', !empty($context['meta_description']) ? $context['meta_description'] : $modSettings['meta_description'], '" />
   <meta name="keywords" content="', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? $context['meta_keywords'] . ', ' : '', $modSettings['meta_keywords'], '" />

Can anyone help me get this working right?

Thank you.

Mai Pen Rai

Quote from: Astral2000 on May 12, 2009, 05:51:03 PM
Ok heres where I'm at.

I am using 2.0 RC1. SimplePortal 2.1.1 and Extreme 6 theme.

SONSiVRi you where very helpful before and I hope you, or another member, can help further.

I did a part automatic and part manual install and the mod appears to be loaded fine in browse packages.

A couple of problems though.

1.The mod picks up meta keywords but only ones I enter in Admin / Configuration / Features and Options / Layout /  Meta keywords associated with forum and shows them twice (duplicated) in view source. If I remove my keywords from the admin area then the default ones appear just once. Re insert my own and they appear twice again. I thought this mod applied its own kewords according to page?

2.The mod only changes description on the forum pages, which is great but my other pages, Gallery, Home, etc do not show any meta description at all.

I have added some code supplied by another member here that at least shows the page title for each page which is a lot better than nothing at all.

This is what I have in both my default theme and my custom theme in index template.php

<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title'], ' - ', !empty($context['meta_description']) ? $context['meta_description'] : $modSettings['meta_description'], '" />
   <meta name="keywords" content="', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? $context['meta_keywords'] . ', ' : '', $modSettings['meta_keywords'], '" />

Can anyone help me get this working right?

Thank you.

I have the same problem, double sets of meta tags.

Any solution to be found?
Mai Pen Rai - means "No worries" in Thai

Mai Pen Rai.se

Astra_200

Quote from: Mai Pen Rai on May 14, 2009, 01:53:20 AM

Are you using a custom theme Mai Pen Rai?

Anybody got any ideas at all?

hartiberlin

Quote from: Mai Pen Rai on May 14, 2009, 01:53:20 AM

Why is the author ofthe Mod not coming forward and cleaning
up the errors ?
Did he abandone the project ?

Mai Pen Rai

Quote from: Astral2000 on May 14, 2009, 01:21:36 PM

Are you using a custom theme Mai Pen Rai?

Anybody got any ideas at all?

No, core standard normal.

Mai Pen Rai.se

sombra

i had installed this mod on smf 2.04 beta and it worked fine but i upgraded to 2 rc1 and now i see it isint working it gives descripcion but it dosent give metatags

what coud it be the problem

example

<meta name="description" content="Wisin Y Yandel - La Revolucion (Completo) 2009       1. Intro 2. Quitame El Dolor 3. Encendio 4. Mujeres In The Club - Featuring 50 Cent 5. Ahi Voy" />
<meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum, " />

i verified my index,template of the theme im using and the default one and 2 have this code

<meta name="description" content="', !empty($context['meta_description']) ? $context['meta_description'] : $modSettings['meta_description'], '" />

sombra

Quote from: Bancherd on March 20, 2009, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: sombra on March 19, 2009, 01:54:57 PM
no one? :(

You might try to remove this line from Subs.php  :D

$context['meta_keywords'] = !empty($modSettings['meta_keywords']) ? $modSettings['meta_keywords'] : 'PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum';

this help me out im using smf 2. rc1 and it works fine

islam2hamy

Thank you , very good mod ,

Arabic translation :

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.arabic-utf8.php">
      <operation>
         <search position="end" />
         <add><![CDATA[
$txt['meta_description'] = 'Meta وصف';
$txt['meta_keywords'] = 'Meta كلمات بحث';]]></add>
      </operation>
   </file>

please before put the translation in the file be sure that the file encode is UTF-8

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

Astra_200

Quote from: sombra on May 19, 2009, 01:45:16 PM
Quote from: Bancherd on March 20, 2009, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: sombra on March 19, 2009, 01:54:57 PM
no one? :(

You might try to remove this line from Subs.php  :D

$context['meta_keywords'] = !empty($modSettings['meta_keywords']) ? $modSettings['meta_keywords'] : 'PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum';

this help me out im using smf 2. rc1 and it works fine

Fantastic!!! Mod works great for me now in 2.0 RC1 with that line removed. Many thanks  ;D

Mai Pen Rai

Mai Pen Rai.se

oddman

Hi guys and girls.

Can anyone tell me if this mod works with 1.1.9 and a custome theme called Transient by: © 2009, Crip.  I really want to get this sorted.  I upgraded from 1.1.8 and thought that the upgrade was for 2.0 which i thought ment it would just upload and work...lol  I was wrong.

Whats the best way to get this mod to work?

Any help thank you in advance.

SONSiVRi

Quote from: oddman on May 28, 2009, 07:53:24 AM
Hi guys and girls.

Can anyone tell me if this mod works with 1.1.9 and a custome theme called Transient by: © 2009, Crip.  I really want to get this sorted.  I upgraded from 1.1.8 and thought that the upgrade was for 2.0 which i thought ment it would just upload and work...lol  I was wrong.

Whats the best way to get this mod to work?

Any help thank you in advance.
for your forum version; 1.1.9 is ok to install.
but you have to manually install on your custom theme. I didn't check your theme but I don't think it would problem.
My Mods - IP View Permission - Recycle Bin Cleaner - Ip to Country
www.sonsivri.com - microcontrollers
- Houston, we have a problem.

Astra_200

Maybe someone can help me?.

This mod works for me in Extreme6 custom theme but on forum posts only. Any of my other pages i.e my bakers dozen mod pages or my gallery or Simple Portal home page just show my own default page title and my default meta keywords.

I guess what I'm asking, is this correct behaviour of this mod? just to modify text from forum posts and nothing else?

Anybody got any ideas how I can make this mod work on all my pages?

Thanks.

SONSiVRi

Quote from: Astral2000 on June 05, 2009, 07:17:46 AM
Maybe someone can help me?.

This mod works for me in Extreme6 custom theme but on forum posts only. Any of my other pages i.e my bakers dozen mod pages or my gallery or Simple Portal home page just show my own default page title and my default meta keywords.

I guess what I'm asking, is this correct behaviour of this mod? just to modify text from forum posts and nothing else?

Anybody got any ideas how I can make this mod work on all my pages?

Thanks.
As you said; this mod rips words off from posts and put those into meta tag keywords. As this simple.

To using in your gallery for example, you need to write your own code that rips your media on gallery and put into meta tags. Same for portal main page; rips articles...

Astra_200

As you said; this mod rips words off from posts and put those into meta tag keywords. As this simple.

To using in your gallery for example, you need to write your own code that rips your media on gallery and put into meta tags. Same for portal main page; rips articles...

Thanks SONSiVRi but writing code is way too complicated for me :( Can you please help me at all?

SONSiVRi

Quote from: Astral2000 on June 05, 2009, 06:54:21 PM
Thanks SONSiVRi but writing code is way too complicated for me :( Can you please help me at all?
Help is ok but what you asking is taking over whole job, I have no time for that. It's too easy in fact, you will just modify existing codes according to your gallery.

Advertisement: