vBulletin Style Meta Tags

Started by rsw686, March 23, 2008, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astra_200

Help is ok but what you asking is taking over whole job, I have no time for that. It's too easy in fact, you will just modify existing codes according to your gallery.

I understand, thank you anyway.

Realinfo

When u  make it for SMF 1.1.9..............

SONSiVRi

Quote from: Realinfo on June 18, 2009, 10:42:54 PM
Just change the "install for" area in xml file located in mod file. Mod is compatible with 1.1.9.
My Mods - IP View Permission - Recycle Bin Cleaner - Ip to Country
www.sonsivri.com - microcontrollers
- Houston, we have a problem.

sombra

thanks for this mod working like a charm :D

Realinfo

Quote from: SONSiVRi on June 19, 2009, 05:25:31 PM
Just change the "install for" area in xml file located in mod file. Mod is compatible with 1.1.9.

No......... I'm Not getting it........ make me more clear about it.............

SONSiVRi

Quote from: Realinfo on June 20, 2009, 04:32:28 AM
Quote from: SONSiVRi on June 19, 2009, 05:25:31 PM

No......... I'm Not getting it........ make me more clear about it.............
I think half of this community is about "how to install manually", there are lots of info in "docs" section.

Realinfo

ok, all files manually.......... ok.........

I'll try..............

SONSiVRi

Quote from: Realinfo on July 01, 2009, 07:49:30 AM

I'll try..............
Ohh my bad, I was thinking something else. This mod is originally published for 2.x family, and who was ported it to 1.1.x family is ME. dohh what a shame :) I even forgot my works. It is located here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=230321.msg1557714#msg1557714

Realinfo

Quote from: SONSiVRi on July 01, 2009, 01:47:03 PM
Quote from: Realinfo on July 01, 2009, 07:49:30 AM

I'll try..............
Ohh my bad, I was thinking something else. This mod is originally published for 2.x family, and who was ported it to 1.1.x family is ME. dohh what a shame :) I even forgot my works. It is located here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=230321.msg1557714#msg1557714

Thanks.......... I apply this mod............

Samuikon

For those getting the SQL errors, open /Sources/Display.php, and find this area here:

$context['meta_keywords'] = MetaTagsGenerateKeywords($topicinfo['subject']);
$context['meta_description'] = MetaTagsGenerateTeaser($topicinfo['ID_FIRST_MSG']);

Make sure that 'ID_FIRST_MSG' is in the proper case. I ran into this issue when I manually installed it to my v1.1.9 board, and used SONSiVRi's version of MetaTags.php. (and probably could have avoided it by just using his port to begin with xD).

It works great, though. :D

« Kitsuria Network ¤ ParaBound ¤ Glacia Server »

dreams are as portals, flat visions of misty places, fragments bound below my surface.
but i can write dreams, they flow from me, inscribed yet now unbound. i touch them, and they are real....and they are real.

- Catherine: realMYST Trailer -

lninyo

@SONSiVRi : Thanks for back-porting it to 1.1.9.

Can you please clarify what is the status of this mod for non-core themes? I'm running Kani. Do I have to update all the themes manually if using in 1.1.9. If so, could you kindly mention the pages that one needs to edit?

I changed description/keywords under "Features & Options" but it doesn't show up in my view source (maybe because I'm using Kani)

It would save some confusion if the mod authors mentioned the conditions underwhich a mod works for example ("works for core theme only, change manually for all others", "here is the path to manage this theme" etc.) just some friendly suggestion :)

Thanks again for porting!

SONSiVRi

Quote from: lninyo on July 18, 2009, 03:17:35 PM
@SONSiVRi : Thanks for back-porting it to 1.1.9.

Can you please clarify what is the status of this mod for non-core themes? I'm running Kani. Do I have to update all the themes manually if using in 1.1.9. If so, could you kindly mention the pages that one needs to edit?

I changed description/keywords under "Features & Options" but it doesn't show up in my view source (maybe because I'm using Kani)

It would save some confusion if the mod authors mentioned the conditions underwhich a mod works for example ("works for core theme only, change manually for all others", "here is the path to manage this theme" etc.) just some friendly suggestion :)

Thanks again for porting!
This mod has only 1 file to works with custom theme, and yes you have to edit it for all theme files.
Where did I get 1 file?
I opened package-info.xml (same for all mods), followed install file name <modification format="xml" type="file">install.xml</modification>, then opened that install.xml, and checked for <file name="$themedir/.... sections. Here is our 1 section;

<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">
        <operation>
            <search position="replace"><![CDATA[<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title'], '" />]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[<meta name="description" content="', !empty($context['meta_description']) ? $context['meta_description'] : $modSettings['meta_description'], '" />]]></add>
        </operation>
        <operation>
            <search position="replace"><![CDATA[<meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[<meta name="keywords" content="', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? $context['meta_keywords'] . ', ' : '', $modSettings['meta_keywords'], '" />]]></add>
        </operation>
</file>

We have two changings, and you need to apply those changins in your custom themes, all of them. You are applied keywords in features page but there is no code using them, until you embed above codes into your theme. Those codes will display it.

And why it's have to be manual changes on custom theme? Because as the name says; it is "custom", search pattern is different.

lninyo

Quote from: SONSiVRi on July 20, 2009, 06:00:51 PM

We have two changings, and you need to apply those changins in your custom themes, all of them. You are applied keywords in features page but there is no code using them, until you embed above codes into your theme. Those codes will display it.

And why it's have to be manual changes on custom theme? Because as the name says; it is "custom", search pattern is different.

Thank you sir! you are very kind and patient! :)

SONSiVRi

Quote from: lninyo on July 22, 2009, 07:13:57 PM
Quote from: SONSiVRi on July 20, 2009, 06:00:51 PM

Thank you sir! you are very kind and patient! :)
I know I wasn't clear enough, if you stuck some points, feel free to ask.

SAFAD

This Dpesn't Work Correctly
No Keywords
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

SONSiVRi

Quote from: SAFAD on July 28, 2009, 04:57:33 AM
This Dpesn't Work Correctly
No Keywords

Means you didn't installed it properly, it's your fault not mod's.

akbora

Will be updated this mod to 2.x?
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

the_shadow

Quote from: NIBOGO on July 30, 2009, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: akbora on July 30, 2009, 04:33:52 AM
Will be updated this mod to 2.x?

There is a SMF 2.0 version attached in this topic, search it

i cant see the solution for 2RC1-1 :(
where it is?

dyrome

Quote from: sombra on May 19, 2009, 01:45:16 PM
Quote from: Bancherd on March 20, 2009, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: sombra on March 19, 2009, 01:54:57 PM
no one? :(

You might try to remove this line from Subs.php  :D

$context['meta_keywords'] = !empty($modSettings['meta_keywords']) ? $modSettings['meta_keywords'] : 'PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum';

this help me out im using smf 2. rc1 and it works fine

gives my errors but it works, any solution yet ?

Advertisement: