News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

vBulletin Style Meta Tags

Started by rsw686, March 23, 2008, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siyaheksen

OnlineFunCorner

Galaad31

Quote from: SONSiVRi on June 05, 2009, 01:11:26 PM
Quote from: Astral2000 on June 05, 2009, 07:17:46 AM
Maybe someone can help me?.

This mod works for me in Extreme6 custom theme but on forum posts only. Any of my other pages i.e my bakers dozen mod pages or my gallery or Simple Portal home page just show my own default page title and my default meta keywords.

I guess what I'm asking, is this correct behaviour of this mod? just to modify text from forum posts and nothing else?

Anybody got any ideas how I can make this mod work on all my pages?

Thanks.
As you said; this mod rips words off from posts and put those into meta tag keywords. As this simple.

To using in your gallery for example, you need to write your own code that rips your media on gallery and put into meta tags. Same for portal main page; rips articles...

Hello, I don't understand what part of code I must write for simple portal index page.
Can someone help me please?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.
Galaad31

SMF 2.0 RC3

vincent87

well, whether there are successful using this program? I've tried repeatedly but failed on keywords. keywords that appear are the default keywords such as php, boards, etc SMF and only copied 2 times. then I tried to remove the keyword at the modifications>miscellaneous and the results are not out any writing on my keywords

i try it in SMF version 1.1.7, 1.1.12, 2.0rc3, 2.0rc4 and it's not working

NoFeaR / NFSMW

nateacer

QuoteAdd section on admin interface to define default keywords and description

I don't have the description box, it's still the same simple keywords box!

amko_sa

How to install this mod on smf RC4 anyone help ?

Imso

Sirius OCTeam

Hi

I've made it RC4 compliant + french ut8 language.

No support for this, use at own risk.

But it works ok on my board  ;)

amko_sa

Tnx Sirius, it works. When I check meta tag here everything is Ok.  :)

palcuiealex

Hoping for a 1.1.12 working version soon :-)

eyo

will i have a problem if i have prettyurls installed? it feels like it does the same things or im prob mistaken

james.l

Hi, New to the SMF forum, so firstly hello to all :)

I've got a problem with the vBulletin Style Meta Tags mod. I'll try and explain it as clearly as possible.

Homepage of forum : hxxp:bodymuscle.co.uk [nonactive]

The homepage is displaying information exactly how I would like it to, i have set this up in the Configuration > Modification Settings > Miscellaneous.

Boards are being displayed well also, it's grabbing the meta description from the description of that board, and the meta keywords from the forum keywords as setup in Configuration > Modification Settings > Miscellaneous. Is there any way to change where it fetches the keywords from??

Lastly (but most important to me) the posts appear to be fetching the description from the first sentance or two of the post, but it is getting the keywords from the overall forum default?  As far as i understand the mod should do the following?

Forum Index
Title: Forum Name - Index
Keywords: your keywords
Description: your description
Works Perfectly

Message Index
Title: Board Name - Forum Name
Keywords: Board, Name, Board Name, your keywords
Description: Board Name - Board Description
Working on the Title & Description, but not on keywords?

Message Display
Title: Topic Subject - Forum Name
Keywords: Topic, Subject, Topic Subject, your keywords
Description: First 150 characters of post
Working on Title & Description but not on keywords

Can anyone shead any light on this? I can post up some php config of certain files if needed.

I have been through the manual installation instructions and checked all the code, but i can't seem to spot why this isn't working.

Many Thanks

James

james.l

james.l

I guess nobody wants to help me on this???

FlipPro

I will pay someone to help me install this on my custom theme. Please get in contact with me if you would like to help me out. I contacted the developer but he has not responded in 2 weeks. I need this ASAP it is HIGH PRIORITY, so PLEASE message me as soon as you can. Thank you.

Chadrew

Does this work with RC5? I seriously think this meta description behavior should be used by SMF by default. Setting meta description the same as title seems pretty weird to me.

simpledizayn

Good work!

Thanks!

Please update...

Astra_200

Many thanks Sirius OCTeam for the RC4 update, works great other than the mod repeats user keywords twice and does not allow post keywords to be shown.

I found the solution was to find and delete this line in Subs.php
$context['meta_keywords'] = !empty($modSettings['meta_keywords']) ? $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($modSettings['meta_keywords']) : '';

You can see the difference using this site http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

Worked for me anyway.

amko_sa

Quote from: Astra_200 on March 10, 2011, 06:53:30 PM
Many thanks Sirius OCTeam for the RC4 update, works great other than the mod repeats user keywords twice and does not allow post keywords to be shown.

I found the solution was to find and delete this line in Subs.php
$context['meta_keywords'] = !empty($modSettings['meta_keywords']) ? $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($modSettings['meta_keywords']) : '';

You can see the difference using this site http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

Worked for me anyway.

Tnx Astra_200, this is 100% Ok.  8)

Advertisement: