News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

vBulletin Style Meta Tags

Started by rsw686, March 23, 2008, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rohan_

I want to use this for 1.1.13 is it possible ?? please help me please
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

Not without rewriting it, no, and you'd have to manually install it on your theme too.

Rohan_

I will manually install it that is not a problem for me at all... but i can't rewrite it :(

can You please provide me the codes for making the changes please ?
Proud To Be An Indian

Arantor

No, I won't, because all it will do is add further load to your server for no measurable gain.

alpheus

where is the mod author please? First you doing a mod and then you are away!!! So many people waiting for 1.1.13 version of this mod. Please care with it...

cellax

I was using a rewrote one on my board with smf 1.1.x

now I upgraded to smf 2 but I just attach to share. Dont install it without test it on localhost, check the code.

MiY4Gi

Careful. As Kindred pointed out, it's not SMF policy to attached modified mods. PM the current mod developer first. If he doesn't reply, then post the attachment, but it's very likely that a moderator will remove your attachment. I'm not sure what the correct procedure is, but I suggest you find out.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

MiY4Gi

Alright, I just discovered that the mod hasn't been working on my forum for a while. After a little analyzing I realized that it was because I changed my theme, and the mod was only installed on the default Curve theme. This is just a heads up for anyone else who's thinking of changing theme. Re-install the mod after you change your theme.

I originally thought it might have been due to me using PortaMxSEF (another version of pretty urls), but I was wrong. I forgot that mods need to be re-installed or checked on every new theme.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

zijO

Quote from: Astra_200 on March 10, 2011, 06:53:30 PM
Many thanks Sirius OCTeam for the RC4 update, works great other than the mod repeats user keywords twice and does not allow post keywords to be shown.

I found the solution was to find and delete this line in Subs.php
$context['meta_keywords'] = !empty($modSettings['meta_keywords']) ? $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($modSettings['meta_keywords']) : '';

You can see the difference using this site http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

Worked for me anyway.

SMF 2.0

I removed line but now i get generated keywords 2 times then followed by my keywords.
as

my,post,my,post,  followed by my own keyboards

zijO

SMF2.0
Any idea why i get

index.php?topic=1364.msg11378#msg11378

#msg11378 two times ? :o

MiY4Gi

Quote from: zijO on September 20, 2011, 09:45:31 PM
SMF2.0
Any idea why i get

index.php?topic=1364.msg11378#msg11378

#msg11378 two times ? :o

That, my friend, is either the way SMF works, or it is a bug in SMF. That problem comes standard in the default SMF install.

What really annoys me about the problem is that the ajax anchor tags (eg. #123) which are meant to take you to the relevant post (i.e. post #123) without reloading the page, can't do what it's supposed to do, since the URL is different (eg. topic=4356 =>topic=4356.msg123#123 instead of topic=4356 => topic=4356#123).

Anyway, I'm gonna create a new topic that discusses this. I reckon they should just remove the ajax #number bit since it's now redundant.

Actually, the ajax tag does serve it's purpose in that, without the tag (e.g. topic=4356.msg123), the browser simply goes to the top of the page containing the post (i.e. msg123), but with the tag (e.g. topic=4356.msg123#123), the browser not only goes to the page containing the post, but it also points to the relevant post within the page (i.e. post #123).

Adrek

Can someone update this mod for 2.0.1?
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

MiY4Gi

It already works for 2.0.1. Emulate the installation package for 2.0.1.

Adrek

My bad.. sorry ;/

But still I have one question. In keywords, mod removes polish characters in single words.

If word is "Które" in site source will be "Kt", but in keyword where is whole topic title it's correct. Any way to fix that?

I'm using UTF8.
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Margus

So it is still safe,  on 2.0.15
as getting the same theme error on default theme, near plain install:

./Themes/default/index.template.php
Find: [Select]

<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title'], '" />
   <meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />

Replace With: [Select]

<meta name="description" content="', !empty($context['meta_description']) ? $context['meta_description'] : $modSettings['meta_description'], '" />
   <meta name="keywords" content="', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? $context['meta_keywords'] . ', ' : '', $modSettings['meta_keywords'], '" />

and i got:

// ]]></script>';

echo '
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=', $context['character_set'], '" />
   <meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? '
   <meta name="keywords" content="' . $context['meta_keywords'] . '" />' : '', '
   <title>', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '</title>';

// Please don't index these Mr Robot.

So should i replace all of it, ...simple as that or should i..

Margus

in truth, mostly i have been looking way to add tags under post,
or labels

Advertisement: