Please help.. using 1.1.2

Started by JRagus, March 23, 2008, 08:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRagus

I am using 1.1.2 and want to upgrade to something where I can use certain MODS.

I am very new to this so can someone give me some instructions on how to do this?

I really appreciate it. Thank you.

D M G

babjusi

Quote from: D M G on March 23, 2008, 09:01:25 PM
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=2.0;sort=subject

There are some articles there that may help you.

That link is for installing smf and not upgrading.

Anyhow, @JRagus if you want to upgrade to 1.1.4, you can do so one version at a time through the package manager in the acp of your forum. It should be a link there which will allow you to update to 1.1.3 first and then follow the same procedure to the 1.1.4.

But if the link won''t work, then you can upgrade your forum manually. For more info see the link below:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=3.0;sort=subject

This goes if you want to upgrade to the 2.0B3 as well. Hope it helps

JRagus

Will I lose whatever is on my current forum now like the members, content, etc.?

babjusi

Quote from: JRagus on March 23, 2008, 09:09:46 PM
Will I lose whatever is on my current forum now like the members, content, etc.?

All the posts, topics, members info is preserved at the database, so you will have nothing to worry about.

The modifications however, if you perform the large upgrade to the 1.1.4 will be lost. The same goes for the upgrade to the 2.0.B3, the custom themes as well for this version.

Whereas if you upgrade to 1.1.4. through the package manager, one version at the time, then all the mods will be preserved intact

JRagus

Finally got to 1.1.4! Thanks alot I REALLY appreciate it.

Lets see if this chat mod works now finally.

babjusi

Quote from: JRagus on March 23, 2008, 09:17:05 PM
Finally got to 1.1.4! Thanks alot I REALLY appreciate it.

Lets see if this chat mod works now finally.

Glad to hear it. If you did it through the package manager, then all the mods should work just fine as they did with the 1.1.2. Enjoy smf :)

JRagus

I need help,,,, this popped up

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare show_chatroombutton() (previously declared in /home/content/r/a/n/rangernaton/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1731) : eval()'d code:486) in /home/content/r/a/n/rangernaton/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1731) : eval()'d code on line 508

babjusi

Quote from: JRagus on March 23, 2008, 09:35:29 PM
I need help,,,, this popped up

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare show_chatroombutton() (previously declared in /home/content/r/a/n/rangernaton/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1731) : eval()'d code:486) in /home/content/r/a/n/rangernaton/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1731) : eval()'d code on line 508

Open the load.php file with a php editor program and look for 2 identical show_chatroombutton() set of codes. Delete one set and that should fix your problem. Or if you don''t have any other mod that affect the load.php file, then simply replace it with a fresh subs.php copy from the large upgrade/install package (your smf version).

For future references. There are a couple ways how to fix mods problems

Every time that you install a mod, smf backups up automatically all the files that that particular mod edits. Those are preserved at the ''backup'' folder inside the packages directory in your forum folder at your server. Each of those packages have a name similar to ''before ....... name of the mod'' or something of that nature. So, if you have a problem with a certain mod, what you can do is to ftp to the package''s directory and then the ''backup'' folder. Find the package of the mod that it gave you errors, upload it at your pc, unzip it and upload its contents to the root of your forum directory choosing for the ''overwrite'' option. Doing this, all the files affected by that particular mod will get back at the state they were before that mod was installed.
Note: You should perform this action if the mod that gave you errors is the last one that you installed.

Or you can overwrite your forum files with  a fresh set from a large upgrade package (your smf version), minus the upgrade.php and the 2 upgrade.sql files. In this way you will get a clean state, the only snag is that all your mods will be un-installed but your forum files will get back at their virgin state while preserving all the info like members, posts, topics, custom themes etc which will not be affected as they are preserved at the database. Or you can replace your files with with the ''Full install'' package as well, but minus the install.php, install.sql, the settings.php and settings_bak.php files. Those 4 files are not to be uploaded if you overwrite your forum files with a fresh set from the ''Full install'' package files (your smf version)

Hope this will help you in the future should you run into more mod errors.

saibharadwaja

Hi JRagus,

Can u pls write down the steps to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4.

Thanks and Best  regards,
S.

JRagus

For what I was told in here...

Go to ADMIN, type in your password.

Than click PACKAGES on the left hand side.

On top you will see the message in your Package manager to upgrade to the newest version. Just click the DOWNLOAD PATCH, and install. It's that simple. I was just to dumb to see it myself =)

Rumbaar

Did you fix your duplicate function error with babjusi's instructions JRagus?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

JRagus

Yes I did but for some reason all the icons, etc. are lost on my forum now.

Take a look:  www.nyrnation.com/forum

Rumbaar

"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

JRagus

I have no clue, after someone deleted that duplicate file everything just disappeared.

I dont know what to do or how to do it. I am computer illiterate

Rumbaar

Well can you look at your hosted files, either FTP or cPanel file manager, and confirm there are actual files in those folders?  If not try to upload them again to the folder from a fresh download of SMF.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: