News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 is FREE?

Started by phpURDU, March 24, 2008, 08:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phpURDU

Hello,

Well, As far as I knew.. Last year SMF 2.0 was released (For paid, not for free) The people have to buy a license to use it legally.. But now what I see is SMF 2.0 RC3 is out for free? For all the people? Why and how is it so?

Thanks..

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, SMF 2.0 has not been released. At all. Now the first public beta was released. For free, as 1.1 before.
Later on, the Smf 2.0 final will be free as well as far as I know. :)

ADDED:

Earlier beta versions were available for Charter members, but it is not the same as buying a license to use it.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Eliana Tamerin

OMG, yeah, it's free!

The only reason it was released to people who had paid is because one of the perks of being a Charter Member is to get in on testing very early betas. Besides, those betas were heavily filled with bugs undocumented features. Not good for public use, which would have caused even more support issues than with this public beta.

And SMF will always be free, it just will. And Charter Membership, while giving the advantage of early releases, will never be a requirement for downloading the final software.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

phpURDU

Well.

Thanks Eliana. Now I understood exactly..

Now can you tell me how can if there is build-in wysiwyg editor and Quick-Reply form??

If yes, How can i enable them??

Eliana Tamerin

Admin CP > Themes and Settings > Member Options

That can set any profile settings by default.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

karlbenson

Quick reply was a default feature in 1.1.x (and is therefore in 2.x)

WYSIWYG is a default feature in 2.x

Note, quick reply is a standard simple reply, not full wysiwyg.

Advertisement: