Subscriptions - a little help please

Started by Daggers, March 24, 2008, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daggers

Hi,

The subscriptions are a fantastic feature :) but I have a few questions

Is it possible to alter the duration of payments?
At the moment they are set for day,week,month,year

I would like 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year. Can this be altered anywhere or is this going to be one for the modders?

Also, If somebody pays a subscription this automatically gives them access to a defined membergroup. If admin wish to take them out of this membergroup and put them in a lower section does the subscription automatically allow them access to the paid boards regardless? Found that part :)

Thanks
Daggers

Oldiesmann

I assume you want to allow users to choose how often they pay for a subscription?

Currently the only way to do this is to set up multiple subscriptions with varying durations and relevant price adjustments ($50 for a one-year subscription, $25 for a 6-month subscription, etc.). However, because SMF sees each one as a separate subscription, users could choose multiple subscriptions and throw things off (if they chose both a 6-month and one-year subscription, they'd pay $75 initially, $25 in 6 months and another $75 in a year...).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Daggers

Does not the same principle currently apply? I can add a daily, weekly, monthly,yearly subscription at present and the individual options can be chosen depends on what the user is prepared to pay.

I would like the option to change the current settings..

Daily = Monthly
Weekly = 3 Months
Monthly = 6 Months
Yearly = Yearly

I run an online gaming forum where the members pay monthly, some pay 3 months in advance, at present they would have to make 3 individual monthly payments

Daggers

I mis-read your answer :( and have now sorted it based on your reply

Thank you  :D

Advertisement: