Error Message!

Started by gizmonel, March 25, 2008, 11:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumbaar

Do you know of any code you've installed that is only displayed to logged in members?  Maybe a custom TP block?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

I have not installed anything since I finished design six months ago abouts.

This is what I got installed.

1.     Enhanced Quick Reply Box 2.0.2      2.0.2       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Egad Abstract Avatar Package    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Auto Embed Video Clips    2.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Ellow orange smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    SMF Blue Winter Smiley Pack set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Lots_o_Smileys    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    TinyPortal    0.983    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    halloween smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Ellow blue smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Ellow green smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Ellow yellow smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Ellow pink smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Ellow red smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Ellow yellow christmas edition smiley set    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Admin Notepad    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    Signature Option Post    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    YouTube BBCode    2.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update    1.0
1.     Lots-of-Avatars-Animals     1.0       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    Country Flags    1.1.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Horoscope Avatars    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Marilyn Monroe    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    NFL Team Logos    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    NHL Team Logos    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    SuperHeroes    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    The Simpsons Avatars    1.0

gizmonel

From other members,

Different screen this time.

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /mnt/w0600/d45/s06/b026cb54/www/forum/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 606

Rumbaar

Can you attach your Subs.php and MessageIndex.php files, maybe take a look at those particular lines and the code surrounding them.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

Ok got both files from the sources directory, this is where I get them correct? Not from my sites them directory?

Rumbaar

The Subs error looks like it's an issue when it's trying to compare session information from log_online table.  You can try to truncate that table and your sessions table.  Then you'll have to log in again, most likely, and then see if you still get the issue.

Do you have Enable Participation icon option on?  If so try and turn it off and see if your users still get the MessageIndex.php error?

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

Thanks,

I had Enable Participation icon enabled and now it is disabled.

How can I truncate the Subs table and sessions table? Can you please help me. Also did I get these files from right folder?

Rumbaar

The files should have come from ./Sources/ folder in your forums root.

You can go to your phpMyAdmin and perform the emptying of those tables from there.  Be sure to get the correct tables and make a backup of the db before hand (just in case).

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

ok in my phpmyadmin it does not say where it is located just has a table list and sessions is in it do I empty this?

gizmonel

Ok dumping the sessions table did nothing and can't find the subs table where is that?

Someone has told me that my web hosting plan needs to go up one level because the one I got now has little resources for forum? but why all the problems now?

This is the plan I got http://www.netfirms.com/web-hosting/web-hosting-plus/web-hosting-plus-specs/

Rumbaar

Well I only suggested truncating/emptying the {prefix}sessions and {prefix}log_online tables in your SMF db via phpMyAdmin.  Not sure what you mean by subs table or what you are trying to do there.

But yes a host lacking in resources can mean the configuration of mySQL server is in a way to cause such errors.

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

so it is a resource issue then?

Rumbaar

It could be, but I was trying to make sure any rouge data in those tables wasn't causing it either.  But with any forum you've modified from base code, issue might be put into place that might cause an unnecessary load on a server.

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

Just talked to support they are looking into the mysql error

gizmonel

Still have not got this resolved GRRRR

What exatly is File: /mnt/w0600/d45/s06/b026cb54/www/forum/Sources/Subs.php? I still get the mysql error when I login and try to post and navigate forum.

Web hosting tech support is working on this too.

HELP!

Rumbaar

What do you mean what is that file?  Subs.php is a core file that the forum uses.

As you host is looking into it, are they able to supply info on the exact issue when the access to the mySQL server is lost?

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

No but they are forcing me to either strip down forum to make it faster or get better hosting.

I have downloaded the subs.php file to take a look at it, then uploaded it again and now am getting

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /mnt/w0600/d45/s06/b026cb54/www/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3070

HELP!

Rumbaar

Well what did you use to 'look' at it? and did you save the file when you did?  Also what did you use to download and re-upload that file?

PS: FYI. You had attached your Subs.php file a few posts ago.

[ Themes ]

gizmonel

I used FTP client to download and used text editor

Rumbaar

The specific text editor you used??  Did you save it once you had opened it?  Try to upload the version you posted previously and see if that resolves your issue.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: