News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechamp

Hi,

Where can you set how many points to give when a users gives another reputation?

Thanks

FrizzleFried

Quote from: thechamp on June 27, 2012, 04:26:06 PM
Hi,

Where can you set how many points to give when a users gives another reputation?

Thanks

You don't.   That is determined by his REP POWER.  The more REP POWER a user has the more his points are worth.  REP POWER is gained by posting/replying, etc...

gjtoth

As much as I would LOVE to use this mod, I can't seem to get it going.  I'm running SMF 2.02, I''ve removed anything remotely to do with karma mods, I've run the install.php, followed the directions in the readme as far as I can, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  Nada.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get this mod working?   :o

sdkid

Just double-checking...  Did you go in and edit the group permissions to ALLOW rep to be given?  You can allow Positive Rep, Negative Rep, and you should turn on Editing Rep for mods

gjtoth

Quote from: sdkid on July 12, 2012, 03:15:41 PM
Just double-checking...  Did you go in and edit the group permissions to ALLOW rep to be given?  You can allow Positive Rep, Negative Rep, and you should turn on Editing Rep for mods

Nothing of that nature exists anywhere in permissions.  The only mention that is made of anything is "Karma", not "rep" or "reputation".

FrizzleFried

If you don't have the following permissions under MODERATE THE ENTIRE FORUM the mod isn't installed...

gjtoth

Quote from: FrizzleFried on July 12, 2012, 03:28:20 PM
If you don't have the following permissions under MODERATE THE ENTIRE FORUM the mod isn't installed...

I'm the admin.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: gjtoth on July 12, 2012, 03:29:17 PM

I'm the admin.

...I thought we were trying to determine if the mod was installed correctly?

gjtoth

Quote from: FrizzleFried on July 12, 2012, 03:40:30 PM
Quote from: gjtoth on July 12, 2012, 03:29:17 PM

I'm the admin.

...I thought we were trying to determine if the mod was installed correctly?

Doesn't the admin have all permissions?

gjtoth

Where, exactly, is this setting found?  I've looked all through permissions and don't see it anywhere.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: gjtoth on July 12, 2012, 04:30:47 PM

Where, exactly, is this setting found?  I've looked all through permissions and don't see it anywhere.

It's supposed to be in the permissions area... under MODERATE THE ENTIRE FORUM... if it's not... something didn't get installed right.

gjtoth

Quote from: FrizzleFried on July 12, 2012, 06:40:10 PM
Quote from: gjtoth on July 12, 2012, 04:30:47 PM

It's supposed to be in the permissions area... under MODERATE THE ENTIRE FORUM... if it's not... something didn't get installed right.

Nope... not anywhere to be found.  I do not see "Moderate the Entire Forum" anywhere.

gjtoth

Just to ensure I'm doing this right, let me tell you the procedure I used for installation.

1. Disabled Karma and uninstalled any other mods/enhancements to the karma feature.
2. Placed the contents of the zip file in the directory of my forum.
3. Ran the install.php

Anything else I should be doing?

FrizzleFried

This mod is now supported by the ALERTS PRO mod by SMFPACKS.  When someone gives reputation you will be alerted. 

:)

Zarquad

I installed this mod, and enabled reputation. But when I tried to give somebody a reputation, I got this:
An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Can anyone help?

Matthew K.

What version of SMF are you running? What modifications do you have installed?

Zarquad

Activity in Profile1.1 [ Uninstall ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

2.Custom Profile Field Mod3.20[ Install Mod ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

3.Profile Comments2.0.2[ Install Mod ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

4.Enhanced Dropdown1.3[ Install Mod ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

5.Profile Fields & Icons Mod1.0[ Install Mod ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

6.AdSense Section Targeting Mod1.0[ Install Mod ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

7.Custom Fields On Memberlist1.0[ Install Mod ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

8.Enhanced PM Warning Message1.0 [ Uninstall ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

9.Minimun Characters or Words Mod1.1.2 [ Uninstall ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

10.Ajax Profile CommentsBeta[ Install Mod ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

11.Animation Blue Smiley2.1 [ Uninstall ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

12.Avatar on Member List2.0 [ Uninstall ]
 [ List Files ]
 [ Delete ]

13.Ultimate Profile0.9.1

Matthew K.

Does the session verification failed message show on every single post when you try to give reputation?

Matthew K.

I'd try uninstalling it and then re-installing it. To be honest, I don't know the code of this modification yet, so I couldn't determine specifically what would be triggering it.

Advertisement: