News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chan372

Quote from: FrizzleFried on June 27, 2012, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: thechamp on June 27, 2012, 04:26:06 PM
Hi,

Where can you set how many points to give when a users gives another reputation?

Thanks

You don't.   That is determined by his REP POWER.  The more REP POWER a user has the more his points are worth.  REP POWER is gained by posting/replying, etc...

So how is the give point calculated?

Let's say, I have 10 rep power, and I give "I agree" to a user's post.
How many point will that user receive?

FrizzleFried

Quote from: chan372 on September 17, 2012, 08:00:52 AM
Quote from: FrizzleFried on June 27, 2012, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: thechamp on June 27, 2012, 04:26:06 PM
Hi,

Where can you set how many points to give when a users gives another reputation?

Thanks

You don't.   That is determined by his REP POWER.  The more REP POWER a user has the more his points are worth.  REP POWER is gained by posting/replying, etc...

So how is the give point calculated?

Let's say, I have 10 rep power, and I give "I agree" to a user's post.
How many point will that user receive?

I do believe your rep power represents the number of points given.  I think it's a 1:1 ratio but I am not 100% sure...

nart646

I'm using 2.0.2. When it uploads and runs the tests, everything says "Test Successful" besides the things under Install In Other Themes. This is the section that's giving me the failed tests.

Matthew K.

Mod authors are not obligated to provide support for other themes, sorry.

nart646

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on September 25, 2012, 07:05:29 PM
Mod authors are not obligated to provide support for other themes, sorry.

But isn't the "Core" theme one of the automatic themes you get when you download SMF?

Matthew K.

No...it's a theme that's packaged with the core of SMF, but it's not inside of the responsibility for mod authors.

nart646

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on September 25, 2012, 11:58:04 PM
No...it's a theme that's packaged with the core of SMF, but it's not inside of the responsibility for mod authors.
So the only theme that the Mod will work with is the original? There's no other way around that?

Matthew K.

It'll work with Curve out of the box, and should work with Core, but if you have other modifications it's not guaranteed on Core, and right now I don't have time to support a theme outside of Curve.

nart646

poda19

hi
i have just installed Advanced Reputation System, but i can't turn on Karma in core features. when i click on the power button i am redirected to Features and Options area but when i go to core features again, the karma is not turned on.
and no new options is added to my Features and options menu.
there were no errors during installation
i use the default theme
i have SimplePortal installed
SMF 2.02
I think people are stupid enough to lie

Shambles

Did you click the "save" button at the bottom of the Core Features screen?

poda19

for some reason i was being immediately redirected to Features and options area after i clicked the enable button. so i didn't even see the "save" button.
so i stopped the browser and clicked the save and now everything works.
thank you Shambles
I think people are stupid enough to lie

N i g h t m a r e

so i installed the "Advanced Reputation System" mod and now i have this code at the bottom of my forum:

function reputation_action(&$actionArray) { $actionArray['reputation'] = array('Karma.php', 'SendKarma'); }

it won't even let me uninstall the mod and if someone could help me with both of these problems that would be great thanks

Its at the bottom: http://psxexclusive.net63.net/index.php

Matthew K.

That simply means that there was an issue with white-space and a mod installation...a really good reason to ditch PHP closing tags.

novill

This mod create errors in the error log when a member views the  Latest Reputation Actions in the profile.
I have tried in my test site, but i have become the same result. Only smf 2.0.2 was installed and this mod.
The error log is the following.

Quotehttp://localhost/reputation/index.php?action=profile;area=reputation;u=18: Undefined variable: num_givenFájl: C:/wamp/www/reputation/Sources/Profile-View.php
Sor: 2108

Attached the mentioned file.

Matthew K.

novill

But i have just this mod installed to my test forum, and i become this error when i checked in my profile the reputation section.
As i mentioned the test site was a new install, no other mod was installed, just this mod. (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1129)

Except this thing this mod working well, and i love it.  :)

Matthew K.

Well, the error is definitely right. $num_given is not being defined, period. Don't have the time right now to look into a fix though.

Advertisement: