News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fustrate

Link to the mod

Advanced Reputation System v1.8.3 for SMF 2.0 RC5

Introduction
A full Karma System replacement, with adjustable reputation settings and an in-post rate/comment popup box.

Features
o Reputation sent is now based on the giver's reputation
o Popup box can be activated in posts wherein reputation can be sent with a comment
o Members can view their own reputation by going to action=profile;sa=reputation
o :: Moderators (or anyone with permission) can delete reputation actions on this screen
o Reputation can be given per post, per thread, on account birthday, and on registration
o and more!

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification. Personal messages for support are discouraged.

Languages
o English
o English UTF-8
o Russian by Ben K
o Spanish UTF-8 by Hefesto
o Turkish by Mythcomeback | Burak
o Turkish UTF-8 by Mythcomeback | Burak
o German UTF-8 by Ryoki
If you have any translations for any other languages, I would be grateful if you would send them to me via PM or in the Mod's topic.

Important Instructions!

Before using this mod, uninstall all other Karma-changing mods. This mod changes so much that most other Karma mods will be incompatible.

After installing, go into Configuration > Features & Options > Core Features and make sure Reputation is turned on. Then, go to Members > Permissions > General Permissions and select which membergroups you want to be able to give positive reputation. Click 'Advanced Options' and make sure Add Permission is selected in the bottom left dropdown box. In the bottom right, select 'Can +reputation other users' and click 'Set Permission'. Repeat for 'Can -reputation other users' and 'Disable display of own reputation'. Then select your Moderator groups and give them the permission to 'Delete reputation actions'.

That's about it! There are a dozen or so settings under Configuration > Figures & Options > Reputation that you can mess around with, and six images that you can change if you feel like it.

One More Thing!

To install this modification in any theme other than Default, please click the box next to "Install in Other Themes" at the bottom of this page and check the applicable themes. This release only works for Curve-based themes. A compatibility pack will be released in the near future.

Advanced Reputation System v0.1.5 for SMF 1.1.x

Introduction
A full Karma System replacement, with adjustable reputation settings and an in-post rate/comment popup box.

Features
o Reputation sent is now based on the giver's reputation
o Popup box can be activated in posts wherein reputation can be sent with a comment
o Members can view their own reputation by going to action=profile;sa=reputation
o :: Moderators (or anyone with permission) can delete reputation actions on this screen
o Reputation can be given per post, per thread, and on registration
o and more!

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification. Personal messages for support are discouraged.

Languages
o English
o English UTF-8
o Russian by Lex-BY
o Russian UTF-8 by Lex-BY
o Spanish (Latin) by Zangetsu
o Spanish (Latin) UTF-8 by Zangetsu
If you have any translations for any other languages, I would be grateful if you would send them to me via PM or in the Mod's topic.

Important Instructions!

Before using this mod, uninstall all other Karma-changing mods. This mod changes so much that most other Karma mods will be incompatible.

After installing, make sure "Enable reputation" is selected in Configuration > Figures & Options > Reputation. Then, go to Members > Permissions and select which membergroups you want to be able to give positive reputation. Make sure "Add Permission" is selected in the bottom left dropdown box. In the bottom right, select "Can +reputation other users" and click "Set Permission". Repeat for "Can -reputation other users" and "Disable display of own reputation". Then select your Moderator groups and give them the permission to "Delete reputation actions".

That's about it! There are a dozen or so settings under Configuration > Figures & Options > Reputation that you can mess around with, and six images that you can change if you feel like it.

Originally created by Fustrate
Second owner was (Ha)2
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Eliana Tamerin

Wow, Yoda. You've really done a great job!

I like this. So much more dynamic than the Karma feature.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

mnpsgadam

and i am guessing that there wont be 1.1.x version? :(

Eliana Tamerin

Don't count on it. Once 2.0 gets finalized, there won't be many 1.1.x mods made at all. Just too time-consuming to support an older version. And by the time 2.0 gets finalized, TP should be ready to roll on there along with a bunch of other mods.

Download | Docs

mnpsgadam

i do like this mod a lot. i just would like to be able to use it right now without upgrading. i was looking at doing a vbulletin board and you just made me stick with SMF! :)

LiamTheDuck

Approved at last! :P

Nice job though, thanks

(i dont get how you give rep)
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

Fustrate

:D had to rewrite code four or five times before this was approved, but it's here at last!

I'm sad that I can't make a version for 1.1.4, but that would require so much extra work that I'm just not willing to do. Heck, I'm not even able to code well in 1.1.4; I'm lucky that 2.0 made it a breeze ;)
Steven Hoffman

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

LiamTheDuck

Fustrate

heart icon ;) I couldn't think of a better image to use, so I just decided to go with "Spread the love!"
Steven Hoffman

LiamTheDuck

Its unclickable for me, did hard refreshes and tried FF and IE

Eliana Tamerin

Would be good, if possible, to reference images from a central folder, instead of having to manually place them in each theme.

That's my one gripe about it.

Download | Docs

Chewy954

do u still have the version for 1.1.4? ;x

Eliana Tamerin

There was never any ARS for 1.1.4. This is a 2.0 mod only.

Download | Docs

LiamTheDuck

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on March 25, 2008, 05:14:55 PM
There was never any ARS for 1.1.4. This is a 2.0 mod only.
i reccomend you put A.R.S instead of the way you put it :o

And if yoda gives me permission, i will ATTEMPT to make it compatable with 1.1.4

Fustrate

[●ριмρєя12●] - If you have the guts to do it, go ahead. And do you have javascript enabled? If so, install the Firebug extension for FF and see if it catches any errors when you click the icon.

Eliana - the package manager should upload it to each theme that you have installed... and if it were in a central folder, you couldn't change it to blend in with a different theme ;)

Steven Hoffman

Jade Elizabeth

Yay!
Karma mod died, we need this :D
Thanks so much for making it, it looks really advanced and I'm sure my forum will get heaps of use from this!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

waremock

I cannot click on the heart either, not sure why.

Also can people get credit for their current posts?

Fustrate

I'm perplexed on this "no box" thing - what browser are you using? I tested it on Opera, IE7, IE8, FF2, FF3, and Safari 3(.1), but it showed up on all of them.

View the page source, and see if you can find this in the source:
<span id="karma_menu" style="visibility: hidden;"></span>
Steven Hoffman

Eliana Tamerin

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on March 25, 2008, 05:32:04 PM
Eliana - the package manager should upload it to each theme that you have installed... and if it were in a central folder, you couldn't change it to blend in with a different theme ;)

Good point. Strange that it didn't upload to my themes. *scratches head* Oh well. Great mod!

Download | Docs

Advertisement: