News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Multi Quote

Started by Nibogo, March 25, 2008, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

I think of a multi quote can be a good feature for smf , something like the multiquote of vbulletin , example:

http://www.tehflashingzone.com.ar/foro/showthread.php?t=3061

this mod can be used for make more of one quote with only make a click in the post of you want to add in the multi-quote and when you click en "quote" appear a the new answer with all the quuotes of you selected.

Please excuse me but i speak spanish not english

青山 素子

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 25, 2008, 08:25:24 PM
this mod can be used for make more of one quote with only make a click in the post of you want to add in the multi-quote and when you click en "quote" appear a the new answer with all the quuotes of you selected.

It is designed that way in vBulletin because you can use threaded mode in it and I believe this allows it to keep track of what threads your post should show on.

SMF already lets you add multiple quotes. Simply click on the "Insert Quote" text in the reply box and it will appear for you. I actually find this better because I sometimes want to add a quote when I'm already in the reply box, which is impossible in the normal way with vBulletin.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Sverre

I prefer SMF's way of adding multiquotes through the Topic Summary as well, but the current interface/implementation leaves a lot to be desired. In my experience, the average forum user simply doesn't seem to be aware of this important feature. I believe that part of the blame for this is that the "Insert Quote" link is far too anonymous in the Topic Summary (it's particularly bad on this site, where the link has to compete against the huge orange headings/time stamps for the user's attention). NIBOGO's post can be seen as a clear testament that something needs to be done about this.

Also, for the few users who actually do know about it, the feature is rendered more or less useless in active topics, since the number of posts in the Topic Summary is limited to the number set by the forum's Admin. A page index, which would allow the user to browse back to posts which falls outside this limit, would effectively solve that problem.

Advertisement: