Hobbit

Started by Fussilet, March 27, 2008, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fussilet

Link to the theme
Style by Arcsin | Ported to SMF by Fussilet

TosTos

This one is one of your best themes, and really cool. However, I am waiting for your iceblue theme. I believe that is serious candidate for the contest brother,
I will also use it in my main forum.

Fussilet

thank you for comment bro :)

Crip

this name is a book yes? Hobbit..

Very nice theme Fussilet. :)
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Fussilet

To be honest, I haven't known what it was.  I just liked the colors when I saw that in that webpage, and asked the author to port it

Crip

Yes it is a Book, I see the book before.. i did not read book. :D

- Abraham Lincoln -

Crip

i ask the author one day,  he say No to me..

- Abraham Lincoln -

Fussilet

I was curious about  that book :)

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

Fussilet

Thank you friend, I will read soon ;)

Fussilet

The Hobbit, or There and Back Again is a story for children written by J. R. R. Tolkien in the tradition of the fairy tale. Tolkien wrote the story in the late 1920s initially to amuse his three sons. It was first published on September 21, 1937 to wide critical acclaim.

The Hobbit is set in a time "between the dawn of Faerie and the Dominion of Men", and follows the quest of home-loving Bilbo Baggins (the titular "Hobbit") to win his share of the treasure guarded by the dragon, Smaug. His journey takes him from light-hearted, rural surroundings and into darker, deeper territory, meeting various denizens of the Wilderland along the way. By accepting the disreputable, romantic, fey and adventurous side of nature (the "Tookish" side) and utilizing both his wits and common sense during the quest, Bilbo develops a new level of maturity, competence and wisdom.

While The Hobbit stands in its own right as a complete, self-contained story, it is also the precursor to Tolkien's second, longer novel The Lord of the Rings. The publisher requested a sequel due to the success of The Hobbit', though The Lord of the Rings was not to be finished and published until 17 years after the original. The Hobbit has been republished and adapted many times since its first edition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit

Pip2andahalf

So I use this theme on my forum- it is a very nice theme, thank you Fussilet for porting it- brilliant job!

I have made a few changes to it to make it fit my site better, but I noticed a problem. I use the scrolling news, but it does not scroll.

I also noticed the same problem on this site, but instead it has also the news scroller, as well as the static one.
http://www.smfthemes.org/index.php?theme=329

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Fussilet

What is your webpage address?

Nonny

Hi! I just found this theme and love it, but there's a bit of an issue with the border. Rather than try to explain (I'm not so great at CSS terminology), I'll link a screenshot -- hxxp:www.nonnymorgan.com/images/hobbit_screenshot.png [nonactive]

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks! :)

Frantix

Not my kind of theme but I had to comment on how incredible this thing is!!! :)
Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive. -Andy Grove

garrulous1

Hi All,

I've installed the Hobbit template (love it!) on my site, and have a couple of strange issues with it.  Hoping someone out there can help. 

Issue 1

One of the background graphics (located at hxxp:thyroidstory.com/discuss/Themes/Hobbit/images/ortaust.gif [nonactive]) is rendering in a strange way.  The right-hand-side of the bar shows up on my site (hxxp:thyroidstory.com/discuss/ [nonactive]) about 2 inches to the left of where the template thumbnail (http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=download;lemma=593;id=4254;image) indicates it should be (it bifurcates the page).  The graphic rendered appropriately (and as the thumbnails on the download site indicate it should) for some time, but recently changed to the way it appears now.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the template several times, but that doesn't fix the issue.  Any suggestions on what might be causing this, or how to alter the CSS to fix it? 

Issue 2
I'd like to either (1) remove the image of the hobbit or (2) make the title text (currently says "ThyroidStory.com - What's Your Story?") wrap, so that the title text appears appropriately.  Any suggestions on how to do this?  The obvious fixes aren't giving me results. 

Issue 3
I'd like the link to "Home" to point to my top-level domain (thyroidstory.com), as opposed to pointing to the discussion board home page (thyroidstory.com/discuss).  Adjusting the Forum URL in the "Core Configuration" admin panel only points all of the other links to an inappropriate directory.  Is there a way to alter the "Home" pointer without adversely affecting the other links? 

Advertisement: