News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[bug?] IE 7 and the wysiwyg

Started by feline, March 28, 2008, 09:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

The wysiwyg works not with IE7 .. only a white screen is show ..

Using version 7.0.5730.13 Build 75730 on XP Prefessional SP 2 on a fresh SMF2 beta 3 Public version

With FF2 / FF3 works.

Any hints ?

Fel

karlbenson

Works fine for me using the exact same IE7 version 7.5730.13 but on XP home SP2 (with smf b3 public or newer)

SleePy

feline,

Did you resolve this?
Did you have IE output its lame errors and see if that helped tell you why it wasn't showing?
Have you tried the IE developer tool bar to see if it gives out any information on why it wont show the editor?

Do you have popup blockers? Do you have iframe blockers?

The wysiwyg editor is quiet complicated. I was looking at it all last night trying to get my grease monkey script to work with the editor again. I sadly failed and gave up, its to hard to get the script to work with the editor due to how it works :(
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

feline

No, not solved.
No popup blocker, no iframe blocker .. nothing.
IE 7.0.5730.13

This error i  have after click on the wysiwyg button on "normal" editor
(image added)

Fel

SleePy

Are you using a custom theme?
Do you have any mods installed?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

feline

nothing. It's a fresh install ..

Fel

karlbenson

are you using any plugins in the browser like Firebug?

feline

Quote from: karlbenson on April 21, 2008, 04:16:03 PM
are you using any plugins in the browser like Firebug?
firebug for IE ???
I use firebug and webdeveloper for FF .. yes

Fel

Jade Elizabeth

Have you tried reuploading the template files? Since it's a clean install you wont lose anything, and it may solve the problem :). If that fails, add the source files to the uploads. If that fails I have no clue unless there are errors in the log.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: