News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Going global?

Started by ApplianceJunk, March 30, 2008, 11:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

Looking at my sit stats most all our visitors are from the USA. The rest are from Canada. Sure there are a couple from other places from around the world, but not many at all.

How can I make my site global?

You would think that just having a website online would make it a world wide/global site, but that does not seem to be the case for us.

There are appliances all around the world. There must be other appliance repair technicians online in places other then the US and Canada?

How do I get members in other Countries to find our site?

Do I need to get listed on Google.com/Australia or something?

How about that guy is Switzerland looking for help to repair his washer? How can I help him better find our site?

I can also see language being a problem if everyone does not speak english so it would also be great to find appliance technicians from other countries too.

How can visitors from over sea's find our site?

rockinaway

You need to market your website more. You can get lots of help at my website: http://www.adminfuel.com/

You should visit other forums/groups on the internet and drop a tip about your website. If people like your website the word will start spreading around.

Carry the link in your signature at all these forums and groups, so they know your website exists. At the moment it seems coverage is only being given to those in the US. You will also need to get better rankings in search engines, which can prove to be quite tough; however if you do link exchanges etc you can get a better ranking :)

A few tips there :)
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

Advertisement: