News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Switch Back HELP PLEASE!!!

Started by RL Joneson, March 30, 2008, 06:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RL Joneson

I backed up my current forum files.
Installed the 2.0 large patch
Followed steps to upgrade
Decided I didn't want the upgrade, because I would have to go back and re-customize my templates and update my image files.
I deleted my forum folder on my FTP
I reloaded my backed up original forum

NOW WHEN I GO TO MY FORUM I GET THIS MESSAGE ON MY BROWSER: : Unknown column 'a.attachmentType' in 'field list'/home/content/r/l/s/rlshared/html/faf_forum/Sources/Load.php   390

Bigguy

If you have already completed the SMF 2.0 upgrade I don't think there is a way to go back to 1.1.4

ApplianceJunk

If he has a back up of his files and data base could he start from scratch and then upload/import his backups?

H

Indeed. The only way back is if you have a backup or ticked the backup option during the upgrade
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

babjusi

You said that you backed up your current forum files RL Joneson. What about the database, did you back it up as well?

rsw686

Yep you need a backup of the database from before the upgrade. Just restore that and you should be good to go. Otherwise if you didn't backup the database you'll have to stick with 2.0.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

RL Joneson

Thanks i got it to work, but i have opted to use 2.0 because of the "approving posts" function. However I do have an issue with my banner. See new thread.

Bigguy

I will mark this thread as solved then. Glad it's working for you.

Advertisement: