News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Wordpress - SMF2

Started by dichterDichter, April 01, 2008, 04:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dichterDichter

is there a way to import my SMF users to a wordpress blog.
just has to be done once.

OR

is there any working SMF2 Bridge ?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SleePy

dichterDichter,

If the above link didn't help try looking at our portals board. There is a nice sticky there about integration hooks you can use to integrate with other software.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

dichterDichter

thx.
i tried to import my users but somehow it does just import them TO SMF but nor the other Way.
I installed SMF1.4 again but still nothing.

is there a way to export my users and decoding the passwords. i found a plugin that imports a list of users to wordpress.
that would be a solution. but hmmm... i don't think thats possible, would be unsecure for SMF

SleePy

No the passwords are hashed in SMF.
We use sha1 with a "salt" if you will call it of a username.
sha1(strtolower($username) . $password)

You could alter Wordpress to work off of this by having it detect their login from SMF and then give permissions based on this as well..

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: