Membergroup based on STATUS

Started by TarantinoArchives, January 03, 2005, 10:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

What I would do:
Find the low period in traffic for your board.  During this time put the board in maintenance mode, backup the database, install the mod, create your rules, see what happens.  If it goes well then just take it out of maintenance mode, if not then restore the database.  Take the board out of maintenance mode.  Make sure you let me know if there are any problems.

To process the rules you have to go to the view inactive members page so that will be a good way to see if its going to work or not.

TarantinoArchives

test #1
Installation
worked flawlessy. now testing rules.....

test #2
creating rule posts 0 max posts 0 days 400 remember group YES

result:
i get a large table with all the inactive members but

Member's Name     From Group               To Group                  Last On                                   Number of Posts     Rule's ID
johndoe         Ungrouped Members    Inactives (No posts)    January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am    0                        1

but the problem is,
last on: 1970 jan 01, 1 am is shown with EVERY member

TarantinoArchives

i should add, that all the members that are sorted out by this rule, have in their profile "last online: NEVER"
so is that january 1 1970 the oldes possible SMF date :-)

so that's not really a bug. i turned the days down to 100 or so and now those "not so long inactive" ones turn out with correct dates shown.

what exactly does "save the member's groups" do?

Thantos

Ok the Jan 01 date is the epoch which means the unix timestamp is 0.  I'll change it so that it says never

The save group option does this:
If set:  move the member's primary group to the additionalGroups field and also preserve the additionalGroups
If not set: Overwrites the member's primary group and clears the additionalGroups

TarantinoArchives

will the members that i moved still appear under their post-based group?

Thantos

Yes, this mod does not touch the post-based groups in any way

TarantinoArchives

Is there a tutorial or a readme to this mod?
I know I translated some stuff for you some months ago on that. For other users to check out, you know?

looking forward to the "next version" :-)

Thantos

Version 0.2 is up
http://www.mikemill.org/board/index.php?topic=14.0

Version: 0.2
  - This is a BETA version.  If you find any errors please let me know at the email above.
  - Removed the maxPost fields.  Now all that is required is the minium number of posts
  - If a user has never logged in it should no longer say they last logged in January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am but should instead say Never
  - Changed it so that the from group and to group can not be the same
  - If you uninstall the mod is should correctly remove Inactive.php and Inactive.template.php
  - Actually Remembered to package this readme file :)

TarantinoArchives

wow nice!
how do i update? uninstall the old, install the new? i havent moved any members yet

Thantos

In the package manager upload the file and then choose to upgrade.

TarantinoArchives

why did you remove the MaxPosts?
what if i want to distinguis between a user 0 posts and online:Never and a users 1000 posts and online: never?

I get this error when "view and process":

Table 'usr_web2_1.smf_members' doesn't exist
File: /var/www/web2/html/forum/Sources/Inactive.php
Line: 259

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Thantos

I removed maxPosts because it was put in as a work around. 
Quotewhat if i want to distinguis between a user 0 posts and online:Never and a users 1000 posts and online: never?
Well first off how can someone with 1000 posts have a last on as never?  If you want to distinguish between a 0 post member and a 1000 post member create two rules, one with 0 min and one with 1000 min.

As for your error:  Grumble I figured it out.  New version coming out in an hour or so.

Also I'll be changing it so that you can have the fromgroup be the same as the togroup as a DO NOTHING action

Thantos

TarantinoArchives

Quote from: MikeMill on April 05, 2005, 11:18:03 AM
Well first off how can someone with 1000 posts have a last on as never? 

if you transfer from YaBBSE to SMF....

TarantinoArchives

installed 0_4 today, still sais 1970 in the table....

maybe it didnt correctly uninstall all files?

Thantos

Could one of the moderators do me a favor and lock this topic?  Since the mod is out of request stage and in the released / bug fix stage it would be easier if discussion was kept to the mod's topic.

Thanks

Advertisement: