Gaming Community?

Started by wtfckd, April 02, 2008, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtfckd

Well this is my first post on this forum. I am thinking of creating a community based around SMF. The things I'd like to know are if there are any good portals for the latest version of SMF? I have only heard about Tiny Portal but it doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest version of SMF. My next question would be which mods should I immediately install for the forum? It's going to be a gaming community and I already have the domain name hxxp:www.evogamer.net [nonactive] | A premier gaming community. I'd just like to know what simple mods I should install right away that would make the user experience more fulfilling and the administrative part fulfilling as well. Also is there an arcade mod that works with the latest stable release of SMF?

Dragooon

TinyPortal is compatible with SMF 1.1.4, see http://tinyportal.net

H

Welcome to SMF, wtfckd. I'd also recommend TinyPortal although you can also take a look at some other scripts that we have bridges for.

As for mods I think it is all up to you. Mods are very easy to install so why not just install some and see if you think they're worth keeping! :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: